Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

GAME THREAD: 2020 United States Presidential Election, featuring the Battle for Control of the Senate and the House

8 hours ago, sactowndog said:

Did you create this?  It’s quite good.  Lol

Come on man .. my photoshop skills might not be the best but they're not that bad. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

14 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Bernie is 0-2. Didn’t seem to work.

He didn't win, but neither will Jo. I would have preferred if he had never ran as Democrat, but would wager any amount that many more people are aware of who he is and his agenda than will ever be aware of Jo's.

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

23 minutes ago, Mano said:

He didn't win, but neither will Jo. I would have preferred if he had never ran as Democrat, but would wager any amount that many more people are aware of who he is and his agenda than will ever be aware of Jo's.

The other issue is the Republicans are so opposed to non-foreign intervention, privacy, LGBTQ rights, and de-militarizing of police that Jo would have very little to no traction in that party. Bernie has a lot more overlap with the Democrats. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

5 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

The other issue is the Republicans are so opposed to non-foreign intervention, privacy, LGBTQ rights, and de-militarizing of police that Jo would have very little to no traction in that party. Bernie has a lot more overlap with the Democrats. 

Jo would get traction by being a conservative option that is not Trump, as I believe there are still many in the GOP who privately do not approve of what is going on.

It is a moot point, she would not win regardless of the path taken, just may have made a little more noise, and gotten the message out there more. My preference would have been for her to make a primary challenge, and once that was over run as an independent ( GOP voters would have been more likely to vote for her in that case ), but either way, she would be unlikely to be polling high enough to be invited to debates.

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

Dennis Boyer, a former lawyer who retired years ago to his farm in southwestern Wisconsin, says there's no question whom he and many people he's talking to are voting for in November: It's Joe Biden.

Boyer, a self-described independent voter who said he didn't vote for Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton in 2016, said the coronavirus pandemic — despite not being as virulent in the state as in many others — has "really exposed problems that pretty much connect to everything," to the point that "voters of all stripes here really have a reason to oppose Donald Trump."

"It's a convergence of all the big issues of our time: health care, race, inequality. Even basic decency and human dignity. I think it's really activating a lot of people here and certainly activating a lot of people who weren't terribly active here in 2016," said Boyer, who does remote part-time work with a nonpartisan nonprofit that promotes civic engagement through conversation.

"Almost any way you cut it, it's hard to defend the president," he said.

Although the general election is still months away, interviews with a number of Wisconsin voters, current and former lawmakers, party officials, political strategists, pollsters, politics watchers and union officials paint a picture of a critical battleground slipping from the president's grasp. Despite middle-of-the-pack COVID-19 infection and death rates and unemployment numbers, the sources said there are warning signs for Trump's re-election campaign in nearly all corners of the state, which he turned red for the first time since 1984.

And while enthusiasm for Biden isn't exactly robust, his campaign's increased investment in and attention to Wisconsin — as well as a litany of unforced errors by Trump and the subsequent lagging poll numbers his campaign is seeing — are enough to concern even the state's most prominent Republican.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/warning-signs-flash-trump-wisconsin-pandemic-response-fuels-disapproval-n1232646

1 hour ago, BSUTOP25 said:

True and Democrats are equally opposed to a market based health care system, the current ability of anyone to procure a gun, and lack of control of industrial pollution. 

That problem lies at the core of the current libertarian ideology.  They have tied it to unfettered capitalism even in instances where market structures are problematic.   

1 hour ago, toonkee said:

Who will get more votes? Jo Jo or Kanye?

If Kanye makes it on all the state ballots he would get more votes than Jo - more name recognition & there's a % of Americans who would vote for a moron (see trump) 

21 hours ago, sactowndog said:

I’m still curious if he can by executive order mandate 10 year prison sentences for people vandalizing statues.   The fact Trump is taking a law and stretching it beyond its original legislative intent to jail those who oppose him smacks of Russia and China.  And yet very little is said about this fact.  

How many times on the campaign trial did Mr. Grump bag on Obama for creating by executive edict a law which he knew he couldn't get past Congress? So FoxNews types will probably just attribute that to Trump playing to his base but it's much more than that in being the latest example of Trumpian hypocrisy. (BTW, I very much oppose vandalizing statues but a 10-year prison term? JFC.)