Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

GAME THREAD: 2020 United States Presidential Election, featuring the Battle for Control of the Senate and the House

6 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Jorgensen hasn't ever voted period because she hasn't ever held an office.   

So what? I don’t think most of those +++++s in Washington are any more qualified to be an executive. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

Neither major party candidate has any plan to reduce spending. This is a big problem, as interest on the national debt is set to explode with our government's latest spending spree.

We're at $26 trillion in debt. We were at $16 trillion when Trump came into office. Why can't we agree that this is unsustainable?

The Libertarians are the only party that cares about that.

5 minutes ago, CV147 said:

Neither major party candidate has any plan to reduce spending. This is a big problem, as interest on the national debt is set to explode with our government's latest spending spree.

We're at $26 trillion in debt. We were at $16 trillion when Trump came into office. Why can't we agree that this is unsustainable?

As long as we are the global hegemon it doesn't matter. Who's gonna call it in?

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

6 minutes ago, CV147 said:

If Biden wins then the republicans will instantly care about spending 

1 minute ago, youngredbullfan said:

Yep - Honestly who's ever called in the US debt in the last 240 years :shrug:

Fretting about debt is just something the republicans do when a democrat occupies the White House & use as a tool for the few who actually think USA debt is a major concern 

2 minutes ago, youngredbullfan said:

What do you mean, "Who's going to call it in?"

Every year we make interest payments on the debt. That amount is growing at a tremendous rate. Soon we as a country will be spending more per year on interest than on our gargantuan military.

That tax money should be better spent, or better yet not collected in the first place.

18 minutes ago, CV147 said:

If you want to reduce the deficit have a Dem President and Republican Congress.  It’s the only model that works.  

10 minutes ago, CV147 said:

What do you mean, "Who's going to call it in?"

Every year we make interest payments on the debt. That amount is growing at a tremendous rate. Soon we as a country will be spending more per year on interest than on our gargantuan military.

That tax money should be better spent, or better yet not collected in the first place.

It's a problem that can be creatively allayed and delayed by monetary policy people. Or we could just stop paying some of it. Who's going to argue? Debt is sort of illusory, until America is no longer world capitalism's primary consumer. Which could theoretically happen in the far future I guess.  

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

8 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

If you want to reduce the deficit have a Dem President and Republican Congress.  It’s the only model that works.  

That configuration does seem to work out the best. Also, along with debt, the least amount of legislative and war damage is caused with a Democrat President and Republican House and Senate. 

3 hours ago, alum93 said:

While Biden wouldn't be my first, second, or hundredth choice,  compared to Trump he is Albert Einstein.  There are so many better candidates in both parties.  Too bad we ended up with these two,  just like 2016.

And what is Biden's record?  Lets see he helped push thru that crime bill that helped put tens of thousands of blacks in jails.  His previous economic record is abysmal,  his foreign policy record has several of Obama's failures including his cozying up with China who was able to completely take advantage of the US.  Biden has already said he wants to significantly raise taxes, provide medical care to illegals, cripple the US energy industry and raise energy prices for everyone.  Basically Biden wants to go back to the previous administrations policies of limiting companies growth, penalizing investing and incentive companies to produce outside the US.  These are the real issues that affect people directly.  

6 minutes ago, pokerider said:

And what is Biden's record?  Lets see he helped push thru that crime bill that helped put tens of thousands of blacks in jails.  His previous economic record is abysmal,  his foreign policy record has several of Obama's failures including his cozying up with China who was able to completely take advantage of the US.  Biden has already said he wants to significantly raise taxes, provide medical care to illegals, cripple the US energy industry and raise energy prices for everyone.  Basically Biden wants to go back to the previous administrations policies of limiting companies growth, penalizing investing and incentive companies to produce outside the US.  These are the real issues that affect people directly.  

Provide medical care to illegals?  Lol.  yes, an issue that should scare you.  And the 8 years he was working with Obama have a sweet economic record.  

4 minutes ago, alum93 said:

Provide medical care to illegals?  Lol.  yes, an issue that should scare you.  And the 8 years he was working with Obama have a sweet economic record.  

Oh, I forgot we have so much money and resources to pay for that.  What was I thinking?  

6 minutes ago, pokerider said:

Oh, I forgot we have so much money and resources to pay for that.  What was I thinking?  

How much money do we have to throw flag burners into a gulag for a year?

59 minutes ago, pokerider said:

yeah, i hope you have a penny or two.  maybe a fraction of a penny.  nothing riles up the right like scary illegal stories.  Trump is a master at it.

3 hours ago, pokerider said:

We have plenty, and some. You obviously don't value human life.

17 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Just looked up the VP candidate...and he's a furry. Good luck with that.

image.png.938e7aa6a1dbda66e704ab0ca46bda74.png

image.png.1f01669092925e35e59ff5f97dbb6941.png

He’s actually quite articulate when he speaks on the issues. He’s a bit of a comedian/entertainer but don’t underestimate his intellect.