Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

GAME THREAD: 2020 United States Presidential Election, featuring the Battle for Control of the Senate and the House

13 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Yes well as a Libertarian I would think you would agree with his stand.  Or does only the 2nd Amendment matter in the constitution.   Education is supposed to be under the purview of the states is it not?

“I did not oppose busing in America,” Biden, who represented Delaware in the US Senate from 1973 to 2009, responded. “What I opposed is busing ordered by the Department of Education. That’s what I opposed.”

10 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Yeah it was a dumb comment but don’t we have a whole thread about dumb comments not being defining....   your article also says...

The “taken out of context” line may not work in 2019. In case you missed, last night Sen. Kamala Harris said on the debate stage, “I do not believe you are a racist

Lol — because if you’re a Democrat, you can make racist comments and get away with it as long as you say you’re sorry afterward. Which is why I’m going give this guy cred over Harris:

https://www.phillymag.com/news/2020/05/27/joe-biden-racist-pennsylvania-primary/

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

14 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Lol — because if you’re a Democrat, you can make racist comments and get away with it as long as you say you’re sorry afterward. Which is why I’m going give this guy cred over Harris:

https://www.phillymag.com/news/2020/05/27/joe-biden-racist-pennsylvania-primary/

If making periodic dumb statements qualifies as being a racist god help us all.   To be fair though, Joe wasn’t my first choice as President either.  Ironically, given you calling him a racist, it was the black community that put him over the top.   Your author concludes with the most salient point:

I will vote for Biden in November because there will be no other viable option for defeating Trump. For many Americans, this is all that matters. But for black millennial voters like me who aren’t willing to be shills for the establishment, all of this speaks to a bleaker future for American politics.

3 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

If making periodic dumb statements qualifies as being a racist god help us all.   To be fair though, Joe wasn’t my first choice as President either.  Ironically, given you calling him a racist, it was the black community that put him over the top.   Your author concludes with the most salient point:

I will vote for Biden in November because there will be no other viable option for defeating Trump. For many Americans, this is all that matters. But for black millennial voters like me who aren’t willing to be shills for the establishment, all of this speaks to a bleaker future for American politics.

He also called Biden the lesser racist. But he is a racist. And I can't in good conscious vote for a racist.

7 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

He also called Biden the lesser racist. But he is a racist. And I can't in good conscious vote for a racist.

Well I think we throw the word around too loosely at those who are ignorant versus malevolent.  And I have never doubted you will do wherever your conscious leads you.   You fully understand the implications of 4 more years of Trump.  

52 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Are there many of the greatest generation left??

There are quite a few of them left.  In senior living communities, those born in the 1920’s are about 20-30% of the resident population.  The rest being born in 1930’s and some 1940’s.  They are leaving us everyday. 

16 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Well I think we throw the word around too loosely at those who are ignorant versus malevolent.  And I have never doubted you will do wherever your conscious leads you.   You fully understand the implications of 4 more years of Trump.  

Yeah, I agree it’s thrown around too loosely. @happycamper has accused just about every non Democrat on the board of being a racist. 

4 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Yeah, I agree it’s thrown around too loosely. @happycamper has accused just about every non Democrat on the board of being a racist. 

Everyone other than Bob is a Democrat???

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

13 hours ago, happycamper said:

Everyone other than Bob is a Democrat???

You’ve accused me of being racist.

An interesting stat I saw from FiveThirtyEight is that Biden is only the 3rd candidate in the polling era to be over 50% at this point of the election. The other 2 were Nixon in 72 and Reagan in 84. Both won 49 states

46 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Don't worry, Trumpublicans, he's doing just fine.

I’m glad Trump continues to destroy complacency in the Democratic base.

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

3 hours ago, azgreg said:

The Trumpsters are the actual RINO's.

Excellent point. You win the Internet today!

20 hours ago, sebasour said:

An interesting stat I saw from FiveThirtyEight is that Biden is only the 3rd candidate in the polling era to be over 50% at this point of the election. The other 2 were Nixon in 72 and Reagan in 84. Both won 49 states

No way does a candidate from either side wins 49 states these days - states have polarized into D or R states .........though I will say that D leaning states could go red, where current R strongholds are extremely unlikely to ever flip to a D candidate 

Back pre Fox News & right wing radio, landslides weren't impossible as states had more voters that weren't always in their lane........since the 1990's lots of states have moved R or D and haven't really moved away over the last 30 years 

No way does AL, MS, WY, ID, UT to name a few flip to D..........just as it's unlikely CA, NY, MA would flip to R

So if things stay as they are for 2020, the Dem candidate will get 20.4% of the 270 required electoral votes just from CA alone (55 of 270) add in NY's 29 & those two states alone are 31.1% of the 270, so almost to 1/3rd of the way with two states.........which is why if TX (38) & FL (29) ever become swing states where Dems have a chance, those four states combine for 151 Electoral votes or 55.9% of the 270 needed.........4 states could put a candidate over half way home.

And these are probably only going increase after the 2020 election when reapportionment is updated 

270towin.com has D at 183 & R at 116 for pretty much locked in states for both parties 

00B50F3D-9523-4EC4-B238-629CAAFCF583.jpeg

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater