Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

GAME THREAD: 2020 United States Presidential Election, featuring the Battle for Control of the Senate and the House

8 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

Democratic Debate Beto Orourke GIF by GIPHY News

2 minutes ago, renoskier said:

You're triggered by Beto? :lol: :shrug:

EDkiLwwWwAEOFyE.jpg 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

3 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

That cocksucker makes me sick.

Yes, yes... we know. It doesn't change the fact that he's doing a lot of ground work in Texas and is very popular there still, despite his stance on guns that you revile so much.

2 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Yes, yes... we know. It doesn't change the fact that he's doing a lot of ground work in Texas and is very popular there still, despite his stance on guns that you revile so much.

Sorry, it’s just a civil right. I tend to take those things seriously. 

3 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

EDkiLwwWwAEOFyE.jpg 

Although a very high quality visual meme, the mixing of fractions and decimals in this comparison is triggering me.

11 minutes ago, toonkee said:

Although a very high quality visual meme, the mixing of fractions and decimals in this comparison is triggering me.

Sometimes ya just have to live with what’s available on Google Images. :shrug:

33 minutes ago, toonkee said:

Well of course. I'm not blaming you.

Yeah you are. And it hurt bro.

How could anyone trust Joe Biden, who has been in office for going on like 40 years? He can't fix the problem because he is the problem. The federal government is the problem and growing its power to "fix" a problem will always have "unforeseen" consequences that create more problems and make us less free.

Racism was institutionalized under the auspices of the federal government. The solution is to vote for the one candidate who pledges to retract, not expand the power of federal government.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ5MQjfqAABMsqI3acc7hT

On 6/22/2020 at 4:11 PM, 818SUDSFan said:

Probably yes to both questions.

I think that going forward, the politics of Texas and the nation generally are going to come down to Hispanics and Asians. They are by and large the fastest growing ethnic groups in the country whereas its black population has remained pretty static over the decades as percentage of voters and the proportion of white voters continues to diminish. Particularly because Hispanics are such a diverse demographic, the Republican Party could stay strong by getting a decent share of them. However, there's no chance of that if the Repubs continue to nominate vile people like Trump. Oh and I don't care if Biden doesn't run again in 2024. If the Repubs nominate someone as reactionary as Tom Cotton, whoever replaces Biden is likely to steamroll his/her - likely her - competition.

https://azcapitoltimes.com/news/2020/02/25/abortion-the-overlooked-tragedy-for-black-americans/

over 44 million abortions since the 1973 Roe vs WadeSupreme Court ruling, 19 million black babies were aborted. African Americans are just under 13 percent of United States population.

Black Lives Matter. 

2 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

https://azcapitoltimes.com/news/2020/02/25/abortion-the-overlooked-tragedy-for-black-americans/

over 44 million abortions since the 1973 Roe vs WadeSupreme Court ruling, 19 million black babies were aborted. African Americans are just under 13 percent of United States population.

Black Lives Matter. 

So you would like to see abortion made illegal? 

2 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Black Lives Matter. 

mad max thats GIF

Dozens of Republican former U.S. national security officials are forming a group that will back Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden, people familiar with the effort said, in a further sign that President Donald Trump has alienated some members of his own party.

The group will publicly endorse Biden in the coming weeks and its members plan to campaign for the former vice president who is challenging Trump in the Nov. 3 election, the sources said. It includes at least two dozen officials who served under Republican Presidents Ronald Reagan, George H.W. Bush and George W. Bush, with dozens more in talks to join, the sources added.

They will argue that another four years of a Trump presidency would endanger U.S. national security and that Republican voters should view Biden as the better choice despite policy differences, the sources said.

The initiative is being led by John Bellinger III and Ken Wainstein, according to the people involved, who spoke on condition of anonymity. Both held senior posts under George W. Bush. Bellinger served as legal adviser to the National Security Council and State Department. Wainstein served as Bush’s homeland security adviser and as chief of staff to former FBI Director Robert Mueller.

Another member of the group, the sources said, is Robert Blackwill, who served as a foreign policy adviser under both Bushes and ambassador to India under George W. Bush. The group includes some independents and officials from outside the national security arena, the sources said.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-biden-republicans-exclus/exclusive-dozens-of-republican-former-u-s-national-security-officials-to-back-biden-idUSKBN23U2LY

I'm sure they're all RINOs suffering from the vaunted TDS. 

3 hours ago, retrofade said:

National polls aren't really what matters, but damn.

It’s going to be a rout. Maybe, just maybe. Republicans will do some major soul searching afterward. 

1 minute ago, BSUTOP25 said:

It’s going to be a rout. Maybe, just maybe. Republicans will do some major soul searching afterward. 

It's starting to look that way, but it looked like 2016 was going to go to Hillary as well. There's still a lot of time left to go here. That said, the polling out of Iowa is showing it as a toss-up now. I believe there's a new poll from Ohio due today, and if it's showing Biden at least competitive, then it's really starting to look bleak for Trump.  

Just now, retrofade said:

It's starting to look that way, but it looked like 2016 was going to go to Hillary as well. There's still a lot of time left to go here. That said, the polling out of Iowa is showing it as a toss-up now. I believe there's a new poll from Ohio due today, and if it's showing Biden at least competitive, then it's really starting to look bleak for Trump.  

It will be a landslide monumental defeat for Trump. Jo Jorgensen is no Hillary Clinton. 

20 minutes ago, retrofade said:

The total incompetence and idiocy of trump is not an unknown now like it was in 2016.........and Biden doesn't seem to be gathering the negatives & hate Hillary had in '16.

No doubt trump will get crushed in overall votes worse than he lost in '16.........still can't count out trump because lots of time to go and god only knows what else will happen in 2020 that is off the radar crazy