Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

GAME THREAD: 2020 United States Presidential Election, featuring the Battle for Control of the Senate and the House

Obama called Americans racists, and specifically said including police.  Said people who didn't vote for him were just clinging to their guns and bibles, he  was among the first to support criminals over the police, not innocents being hurt by the police but criminals.  Obama actively supported race baiters like Jeremiah Wright, Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, etc.  Obama actively belittled business owners pretending it was the gov't who made them succeed. 
As far as cabinet accusing Obama - they can't accuse him because they were all in on his scandals.  Guns and money, IRS, Benghazi, Iran, eavesdropping on Trump campaign, keep your doctor, Gov't grants to companies like Solyndra.  Kerry, Hillary, Holder, Rice, etc.  were all just like one big criminal gang.  Very mafia like.  

Trump's problem is he got all these people in his cabinet that had their own agenda's and when they found they couldn't do what they wanted, they pouted and quit.  John Bolton, Steve Bannon, Anthony Scaramucci, and even Gen. Mattis and Rex Tillerson and a bunch more.   Trump's economic polices and Trump foreign policies have been better and more effective than what these others, including the establishment Republicans wanted.  

5 minutes ago, pokerider said:

Trump's problem is he got all these people in his cabinet that had their own agenda's and when they found they couldn't do what they wanted, they pouted and quit.  John Bolton, Steve Bannon, Anthony Scaramucci, and even Gen. Mattis and Rex Tillerson and a bunch more.   Trump's economic polices and Trump foreign policies have been better and more effective than what these others, including the establishment Republicans wanted.  

At some point you would think "maybe there is something wrong with him".  If a man has 6 divorces, perhaps it isn't because the women had "their own agenda's", perhaps it is the man.

57 minutes ago, pokerider said:

Obama called Americans racists, and specifically said including police.  Said people who didn't vote for him were just clinging to their guns and bibles, he  was among the first to support criminals over the police, not innocents being hurt by the police but criminals.  Obama actively supported race baiters like Jeremiah Wright, Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, etc.  Obama actively belittled business owners pretending it was the gov't who made them succeed. 
As far as cabinet accusing Obama - they can't accuse him because they were all in on his scandals.  Guns and money, IRS, Benghazi, Iran, eavesdropping on Trump campaign, keep your doctor, Gov't grants to companies like Solyndra.  Kerry, Hillary, Holder, Rice, etc.  were all just like one big criminal gang.  Very mafia like.  

So not one example of his own cabinet calling him out. Not. a. single. example. That's what I thought. :waiting:

Well, that and the nuthuggers gonna hug nuts thing. Guess I was right on both counts.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

52 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

At some point you would think "maybe there is something wrong with him".  If a man has 6 divorces, perhaps it isn't because the women had "their own agenda's", perhaps it is the man.

As the old saying goes, if 100 people tell you you walk like a duck and quack like a duck, then you just might be a duck, or, if that duck is wearing a MAGA hat, then those 100 people are obviously Deep State plants with their own agendas.

Or something like that. 

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

what if you shot that duck in the middle of 5th Ave?

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

24 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

So not one example of his own cabinet calling him out. Not. a. single. example. That's what I thought. :waiting:

Well, that and the nuthuggers gonna hug nuts thing. Guess I was right on both counts.

I told you, its a big criminal gang, one goes down, they  all go down.  

7 minutes ago, pokerider said:

I told you, its a big criminal gang, one goes down, they  all go down.  

Does that include Robert Gates, Chuck Hagel and Ray LaHood?

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

3 hours ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Lulz. He was in charge of CENTCOM ffs. And chosen by Trump to be his SecDef. Just ask @sean327 or @East Coast Aztec what Marines think of Gen. Mattis.

Dude, maybe you aren't aware of it, but it's not only Mattis. Gen. McMaster - Trump's own chosen National Security Advisor ffs - accused Trump of basically helping the Taliban and making America "less safe." (link) And former JCOS Chariman Adm. Mike Mullen spoke out against Trump as well.

And his own chosen SecState called him a f*cking "moron." There is simply no precedent for this.

So which is it? Does Trump pick "all the best people," who in turn come clean about what a colossal f*cking insane dipshit he is, or is he simply too incompetent to pick good people?

But hey - either way, nuthuggers gonna hug nuts, amirite? 

giphy.gif

Mattis was never a political animal. I was very surprised when he accepted the appointment to be SecDef. I was glad he did it because I hoped he could temper Trump’s stupidity. Marines look at Mattis as second only to Chesty Puller. Those of us who had the pleasure to serve under him would crawl through Hell in a gunpowder suit for him.

32 minutes ago, sean327 said:

Mattis was never a political animal. I was very surprised when he accepted the appointment to be SecDef. I was glad he did it because I hoped he could temper Trump’s stupidity. Marines look at Mattis as second only to Chesty Puller. Those of us who had the pleasure to serve under him would crawl through Hell in a gunpowder suit for him.

I've been told the same thing by my two friends that served under him.

2 hours ago, sean327 said:

yeah, so lets go ask some Marines - so who do you think supported you more ,  Obama and Biden,  or Trump?  I would really love to get the results of that.  

On 6/21/2020 at 10:21 AM, retrofade said:

This is what the electoral college map looks like right now according to the latest polling.

tN0QBmR.png

LOL!!! No it doesn’t. If you go to the network sites and others, they’re all different because they’re using different polling results. And to do a real accurate one, you’d have to add 3% to 6% to every state to compensate for the hidden/shy Trump voters. 

kat.jpg

2 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

LOL!!! No it doesn’t. If you go to the network sites and others, they’re all different because they’re using different polling results. And to do a real accurate one, you’d have to add 3% to 6% to every state to compensate for the hidden/shy Trump voters. 

You do realize that was from THREE MONTHS AGO right? Also, 3-6% per state for “shy” Trump voters? What the +++++ are you on?

30 minutes ago, retrofade said:

You do realize that was from THREE MONTHS AGO right? Also, 3-6% per state for “shy” Trump voters? What the +++++ are you on?

June? Can't even imagine how @Nevada Convert stumbled across that in a 100 + page thread. Lol.

I saw a poll that showed 100% of people thought the boy was becoming more unhinged by the day.

14 hours ago, pokerider said:

yeah, so lets go ask some Marines - so who do you think supported you more ,  Obama and Biden,  or Trump?  I would really love to get the results of that.  

The average Marine will have zero impact variance from either.  Same wars, same humanitarian missions, same hazing, same boot camp, same shit pay.  Funding hasn't been an issue, and no major policy changes from either President.  The enlisted are sort of in a bubble.  Officers, especially flag grade, will have a different experience 

43 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

The average Marine will have zero impact variance from either.  Same wars, same humanitarian missions, same hazing, same boot camp, same shit pay.  Funding hasn't been an issue, and no major policy changes from either President.  The enlisted are sort of in a bubble.  Officers, especially flag grade, will have a different experience 

What is that different experience that officers have? I’m curious, my younger brother is an O-1 right now in the Navy. 

1 hour ago, SalinasSpartan said:

What is that different experience that officers have? I’m curious, my younger brother is an O-1 right now in the Navy. 

Flag grade are the generals.  It seems that as soon as you get to full bird (O-6), politics becomes a part of the job

ETA: I realize I didn't fully address your question.  I was enlisted, same as @sean327 and many other military posters here.  From our viewpoint, the officers are driven by a higher strategy than the enlisted at their similar level, ie the officer needs to take hill X to create a higher range of cover fire for platoon Alpha to execute their role, but the enlisted are more focused on the need to take hill X.  As you get higher in rank, the officers begin to see higher strategies coming from DC.  So thes two most recent presidents have not changed much for the enlisted, and junior officer corps, since there has not been a great deal of change in philosophy, tempo, or funding between the two.