Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

GAME THREAD: 2020 United States Presidential Election, featuring the Battle for Control of the Senate and the House

10 minutes ago, youngredbullfan said:

Seriously, who cares. He should hide until November if it means he wins. Scrap the debates, all interviews, all public appearances, everything until Election Day. 

When you’re up by that much it’s all about risk mitigation. If the polls get closer he should do some scripted events in Midwestern swing states and FL but that’s it. 

I would love that.  Only an idiot would think Biden will win by just showing up. 

19 hours ago, Los_Aztecas said:

Why is reducing our military presence overseas a bad thing? Is it because Trump is doing it?

I'll bite. Troops in Germany aren't a bad thing, it's not like they're in harm's way or anything. Having a US presence in Europe is worth the investment to help maintain peace in the region. Also, the offspring of US soldiers and German women make up about a quarter of our men's national soccer team. 

I'm not against reducing troops per se, but pulling out of Europe altogether would be a gift to our new BFF's Russia. 

18 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

Do you see the disaster that is Donald Trump every day, trying to field questions from the media?   Lying?

You don't think we ought to see how Joe Biden does, and if he can even mentally do this right now?   What about asking him tough questions?   What about having him expound on his platform?

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/508125-chris-wallace-says-biden-should-do-tough-interview-like-trump

There is no legal obligation to have debates. As to whether there SHOULD be some, to hell with that. Nothing is more important in government than the nomination of justices to SCOTUS yet the Republicans refused to even hold hearings on Merrick Garland's nomination by Obama. Republican hypocrisy needs to be stopped dead in its tracks.

Guest #1Stunner
13 minutes ago, 818SUDSFan said:

There is no legal obligation to have debates. As to whether there SHOULD be some, to hell with that. Nothing is more important in government than the nomination of justices to SCOTUS yet the Republicans refused to even hold hearings on Merrick Garland's nomination by Obama. Republican hypocrisy needs to be stopped dead in its tracks.

Now you are arguing that there should be no Debates, and that Joe Biden should continue to avoid all media interviews?

This seems more like gamesmanship and winning the election, than vetting the candidates and hearing if they can think on their feet.

We already know about Donald Trump being the complete buffoon.

So now I hear Democrats like yourself arguing that we need to hide Joe Biden's mental deficiencies and have him be elected President, without even displaying that he is still mentally OK?

And to be fair, it is a joke that the Presidential Debates only even include the Republican and the Democrat.   We should let 1 or 2 other "mid-major" candidates participate too.  I'm in favor of letting the Libertarian Candidates participate. 

13 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

And to be fair, it is a joke that the Presidential Debates only even include the Republican and the Democrat.   We should let 1 or 2 other "mid-major" candidates participate too.  I'm in favor of letting the Libertarian Candidates participate. 

Why?  Based on what?  I'm only a couple points behind the 3rd party candidates, and I'm not even running.  Should I be in the debates?  What about Kanye?  THE DEEP STATE IS KEEPING US FROM BEING PRESIDENT!!!

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Guest #1Stunner
12 minutes ago, RSF said:

Why?  Based on what?  I'm only a couple points behind the 3rd party candidates, and I'm not even running.  Should I be in the debates?  What about Kanye?  THE DEEP STATE IS KEEPING US FROM BEING PRESIDENT!!!

Not sure why you are bringing up Republican talking points, but why are you opposed to hearing more ideas?

Last election, we had two morally corrupt individuals running.  National headlines about how hated both candidates were.

This election, we have two morally corrupt, buffoons running---two guys have been credibly accused of rape, and corruption, and both have mental disabilities. 

I'd like to see if there are other options, and give them a platform.   We have legit "mid-major" parties that are on the ballot in every State (not fringe parties as you are falsely arguing) that might have something beneficial to say.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/lets-have-more-than-two-candidates-in-the-general-election-presidential-debates/2019/11/11/396847a8-fce0-11e9-8906-ab6b60de9124_story.html

8 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

Not sure why you are bringing up Republican talking points, but why are you opposed to hearing more ideas?

Last election, we had two morally corrupt individuals running.  National headlines about how hated both candidates were.

This election, we have two morally corrupt, buffoons running---two guys have been credibly accused of rape, and corruption, and both have mental disabilities. 

I'd like to see if there are other options, and give them a platform.   We have legit "mid-major" parties that are on the ballot in every State (not fringe parties as you are falsely arguing) that might have something beneficial to say.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/lets-have-more-than-two-candidates-in-the-general-election-presidential-debates/2019/11/11/396847a8-fce0-11e9-8906-ab6b60de9124_story.html

Kayne and I are Republican talking pts?  Thats some next level thinking there...

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

21 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

Now you are arguing that there should be no Debates, and that Joe Biden should continue to avoid all media interviews?

So now I hear Democrats like yourself arguing that we need to hide Joe Biden's mental deficiencies and have him be elected President, without even displaying that he is still mentally OK?

I'm no longer a Democrat.

After 4 years of Trump and Moscow Mitch, I'm now simply a Republican Party hater.

Guest #1Stunner
13 hours ago, RSF said:

Kayne and I are Republican talking pts?  Thats some next level thinking there...

You are the one posting about the "Deep State".

Are you pretending that isn't a Republican propaganda idea?

Besides, don't deflect.  Not sure why you are opposed to opening the Presidential Debates to a few more mid-major parties like the Green Party and Libertarians.

4 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

You are the one posting about the "Deep State".

Are you pretending that isn't a Republican propaganda idea?

Besides, don't deflect.  Not sure why you are opposed to opening the Presidential Debates to a few more mid-major parties like the Green Party and Libertarians.

I see you lost your sense of humor.  I hope you find it.