Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

GAME THREAD: 2020 United States Presidential Election, featuring the Battle for Control of the Senate and the House

To be fair, at this exact same point in 2016 people were leaving Trump as collectively dead and we all know how that turned out. 

Im honestly not going to be shocked at all if he pulls it out again. 

1 hour ago, pokerider said:

Yes it is very hard for you to accept the fact that Cuomo, DeBlahblah, Pelosi, and especially Joe Biden helped to undermine Trump at the beginning of the pandemic.   Called Trump's travel bans xenophobic, told people to go out, etc.   you won't accept it, won't acknowledge it, and instead try to turn it all on Trump.  Your conditioning seems to be completed. 

Scientist at CDC tells truth early, makes Nacho Duce angry, is sidelined.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/cdc-official-made-early-warning-153922588.html

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

3 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

To be fair, at this exact same point in 2016 people were leaving Trump as collectively dead and we all know how that turned out. 

It needs to be now, though.  Comparing to the number of voters in 2016 - Wisconsin is already at 38% of ballots returned.  Michigan 39%. Pennsylvania 21%. Florida 44%.  Texas 65%.  Next week it looks like more than half the voters will have already submitted their ballots.  Trump will need a huge swing in the next two weeks and tons of voters to show up on election day for him to pull it out.

8 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

It needs to be now, though.  Comparing to the number of voters in 2016 - Wisconsin is already at 38% of ballots returned.  Michigan 39%. Pennsylvania 21%. Florida 44%.  Texas 65%.  Next week it looks like more than half the voters will have already submitted their ballots.  Trump will need a huge swing in the next two weeks and tons of voters to show up on election day for him to pull it out.

I still think he wins. I could be totally wrong. But I think he wins

1 hour ago, UNLV2001 said:

Damned Fox News is not making trump happy like it should be doing - Another reason we need TRUMP-TV !!

Didn't some poll allegedly reveal that 58% of respondents say they will be voting for Trump?

I haven't bothered checking that one because it's such a yuge outlier but who knows? Could that poll have been conducted by God and he simply read everybody's mind? 

image.jpeg.110999f46ef39e93e957b9492191ac0e.jpeg

18 hours ago, UNLV2001 said:

There was a column in Time magazine several weeks ago which said that contrary to so many of us boomers who were super liberal during our college years but became considerably more moderate as we entered the workforce and had kids, millennials don't seem to be doing that. What that portends for the wrong, er right wing of the Republican party going forward one can only guess.

12 minutes ago, 818SUDSFan said:

There was a column in Time magazine several weeks ago which said that contrary to so many of us boomers who were super liberal during our college years but became considerably more moderate as we entered the workforce and had kids, millennials don't seem to be doing that. What that portends for the wrong, er right wing of the Republican party going forward one can only guess.

As you can read in the title under my name I'm the oldest millennial. I'm almost 39 and I'm getting more liberal as I get older and have a family.

On 10/22/2020 at 11:43 AM, Joe from WY said:

Well it is quite possible Trump squeaks out wins in Florida, Texas while getting crushed in California and New York.  That could lead to an Electoral College win and a loss in the popular vote by 6% or more.   

Should such a thing happen I could see many on the west coast talking about leaving the union.  

3 hours ago, tspoke said:

As you can read in the title under my name I'm the oldest millennial. I'm almost 39 and I'm getting more liberal as I get older and have a family.

Is that your reason for hating Wyoming then? 

3 hours ago, 818SUDSFan said:

Two generational differences stand out to me:

1) College costs in my day (1978-84) were much less - I gout out of college with $8600 in loan debt 

2) The trend in jobs being TECH & SERVICE - Just within the fast food industry, there's been an explosion of FF companies, franchises & jobs which mostly pay on the lower end of the scale 

Two microcosms of the larger overall economic portrait of America over the last 40 years ........how the 20-30 age people of today will be in 40 years is a mystery