retrofade

General Election Smackdown: Former Vice President Joe Biden vs. President Donald Trump (feat. Libertarian Jo Jorgensen). Also: The race for Senate Supremacy and House Ownership.

32 minutes ago, sean327 said:

Mattis was never a political animal. I was very surprised when he accepted the appointment to be SecDef. I was glad he did it because I hoped he could temper Trump’s stupidity. Marines look at Mattis as second only to Chesty Puller. Those of us who had the pleasure to serve under him would crawl through Hell in a gunpowder suit for him.

I've been told the same thing by my two friends that served under him.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, sean327 said:

Mattis was never a political animal. I was very surprised when he accepted the appointment to be SecDef. I was glad he did it because I hoped he could temper Trump’s stupidity. Marines look at Mattis as second only to Chesty Puller. Those of us who had the pleasure to serve under him would crawl through Hell in a gunpowder suit for him.

yeah, so lets go ask some Marines - so who do you think supported you more ,  Obama and Biden,  or Trump?  I would really love to get the results of that.  

On 6/21/2020 at 10:21 AM, retrofade said:

This is what the electoral college map looks like right now according to the latest polling.

tN0QBmR.png

LOL!!! No it doesn’t. If you go to the network sites and others, they’re all different because they’re using different polling results. And to do a real accurate one, you’d have to add 3% to 6% to every state to compensate for the hidden/shy Trump voters. 

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

LOL!!! No it doesn’t. If you go to the network sites and others, they’re all different because they’re using different polling results. And to do a real accurate one, you’d have to add 3% to 6% to every state to compensate for the hidden/shy Trump voters. 

You do realize that was from THREE MONTHS AGO right? Also, 3-6% per state for “shy” Trump voters? What the +++++ are you on?

• Haha 1
30 minutes ago, retrofade said:

You do realize that was from THREE MONTHS AGO right? Also, 3-6% per state for “shy” Trump voters? What the +++++ are you on?

June? Can't even imagine how @Nevada Convert stumbled across that in a 100 + page thread. Lol.

I saw a poll that showed 100% of people thought the boy was becoming more unhinged by the day.

The President of the United States celebrating a reporter being shot with a rubber bullet for simply reporting what was going on.

He's +++++ing sick. 

• Like 1
14 hours ago, pokerider said:

yeah, so lets go ask some Marines - so who do you think supported you more ,  Obama and Biden,  or Trump?  I would really love to get the results of that.  

The average Marine will have zero impact variance from either.  Same wars, same humanitarian missions, same hazing, same boot camp, same shit pay.  Funding hasn't been an issue, and no major policy changes from either President.  The enlisted are sort of in a bubble.  Officers, especially flag grade, will have a different experience 

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

The average Marine will have zero impact variance from either.  Same wars, same humanitarian missions, same hazing, same boot camp, same shit pay.  Funding hasn't been an issue, and no major policy changes from either President.  The enlisted are sort of in a bubble.  Officers, especially flag grade, will have a different experience 

What is that different experience that officers have? I’m curious, my younger brother is an O-1 right now in the Navy. 

1 hour ago, SalinasSpartan said:

What is that different experience that officers have? I’m curious, my younger brother is an O-1 right now in the Navy. 

Flag grade are the generals.  It seems that as soon as you get to full bird (O-6), politics becomes a part of the job

ETA: I realize I didn't fully address your question.  I was enlisted, same as @sean327 and many other military posters here.  From our viewpoint, the officers are driven by a higher strategy than the enlisted at their similar level, ie the officer needs to take hill X to create a higher range of cover fire for platoon Alpha to execute their role, but the enlisted are more focused on the need to take hill X.  As you get higher in rank, the officers begin to see higher strategies coming from DC.  So thes two most recent presidents have not changed much for the enlisted, and junior officer corps, since there has not been a great deal of change in philosophy, tempo, or funding between the two.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, azgreg said:

Third in line for the presidency right?

Yeah, but have you seen the guy that is the president?

4 hours ago, retrofade said:

Biden's social media team is really stepping up.

Massively. :USFlag:

• Haha 1
11 hours ago, retrofade said:

Biden's social media team is really stepping up.

Only hardcore lefty hopeless partisans would see that, take it seriously and think it’s a plus for Biden. All that does is show Trumps sense of humor and the great charisma he has not using a teleprompter or using a joke writer.  Joe, on the other hand, is boring, reads teleprompters to answer voter questions.and Anytime he tries to be funny, he has to hire a joke writer and ends up fvcking it up, anyway. Of course it gets added to his pile of ridiculous gaffe’s. 

11 hours ago, retrofade said:

Buckle your seat belts, we're headed to Nars.

That’s all you got? He’s busted his ass going to 18 states in the last few weeks burning it on both ends, and we have the pronunciation cops show up. I’ll bet if you had Trump’s schedule you’d be so sleep deprived, you’d be hallucinating. 5 hours a night of sleep, tops, and working most of his 19 hour days over a weeks, you’d be in the hospital. Meanwhile, Biden’s been to only seven states and sleeps 10 hours a day. 

and Biden’s done 7