Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

GAME THREAD: 2020 United States Presidential Election, featuring the Battle for Control of the Senate and the House

On 4/22/2020 at 12:10 PM, happycamper said:

you think that biden is "anti business"?

Elections rarely come down to independent voters either.  They come down to turnout.  Will Biden's strength with Black voters make up lack of under 40 turnout?  Will these sexual assault claims hurt his once very strong lead with female voters?  Will Trump fatigue keep more people away from the polls that voted for him as the best of two options?  What about Amash?  The independent vote has been mostly a myth as most described independents are actually not independents at all and have voted party line every election.

1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Elections rarely come down to independent voters either.  They come down to turnout.  Will Biden's strength with Black voters make up lack of under 40 turnout?  Will these sexual assault claims hurt his once very strong lead with female voters?  Will Trump fatigue keep more people away from the polls that voted for him as the best of two options?  What about Amash?  The independent vote has been mostly a myth as most described independents are actually not independents at all and have voted party line every election.

Hasn't there always been a lack of under 40 turnout. That isn't a Biden thing. I think we will se a greater turnout of under 40 than during 2016.

Just now, tspoke said:

Hasn't there always been a lack of under 40 turnout. That isn't a Biden thing. I think we will se a greater turnout of under 40 than during 2016.

Disagree based on my super scientific methodology of looking at my social media feeds.  I think it will be the lowest % in modern history.

On 4/29/2020 at 3:32 PM, retrofade said:

PPP is certainly a left polling organization, but I don't think any pollster of any type had Trump down in Texas in the 2016 cycle.

Lol.  The myth of a purple Texas.  Dumb.  Texas will go red.  Will not be that close either.

16 minutes ago, toonkee said:

Trump's persona and advantage in 2016 was based on him being an outsider, a non-politician, especially compared to Hillary who we were exhausted with.

Less people see it that way now.

Yeah but how many people who voted D in 2016 and lost their job will wrongfully give Trump credit for their sudden windfall of cash?

On 4/29/2020 at 3:32 PM, retrofade said:

PPP is certainly a left polling organization, but I don't think any pollster of any type had Trump down in Texas in the 2016 cycle.

If TX trends into the purple range the GOP could be screwed in presidential elections - A few states that were solid GOP seem to be moving into battleground territory - GA, NC & FL 

And one could say OH has moved from blue to purple in the last decade 

17 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Yeah but how many people who voted D in 2016 and lost their job will wrongfully give Trump credit for their sudden windfall of cash?

TX vote % from 2000 -2016

2000 R) 59.3% D) 38.0% - Home grown GW Bush on the ticket

2004 R) 61.1% D) 38.2% - Home grown GW Bush on the ticket

2008 R) 55.5% D) 43.7%

2012 R) 57.2% D) 41.4%

2016 R) 52.2% D) 43.2%

Not sure 2020 would bring a blue Texas.........but the overall trend has not been going the GOP way in TX since 2000 

25 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

How many will blame Trump for the shitty economy that's on the way?

29 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

time house GIF

11 minutes ago, renoskier said:

How many will blame Trump for the shitty economy that's on the way?

I still think the biggest unknown are the 2016 voters that might have taken a flyer on trump not knowing what an utter clown show he would turn out to be and the basic underlying despising of Hillary ..........2020 is new ball game even without the trump clusterfvck handling covid..........now those voters know that trump is a mental case and Biden doesn't have the overall 'negatives' of Hillary ......thinking 'trump fatigue' will play a factor in 2020 and some of those who took the chance on trump won't in 2020.

50 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Lol.  The myth of a purple Texas.  Dumb.  Texas will go red.  Will not be that close either.

Texas will most assuredly go red this election cycle... but it has been trending away from deep red for years now. Just look at what happened in the midterms at the Congressional, statewide, and local levels. 

21 minutes ago, toonkee said:

time house GIF

Well that is certainly not true.  I am personal friends with the leader of BLM NY, lots of black people thanking Trump, literally in tears for the stimulus.  Lots of millenials and zennials who I have never seen post a political thought before calling it Trump cash.  

I think you are pretty off the mark here.

45 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Well that is certainly not true.  I am personal friends with the leader of BLM NY, lots of black people thanking Trump, literally in tears for the stimulus.  Lots of millenials and zennials who I have never seen post a political thought before calling it Trump cash.  

I think you are pretty off the mark here.

How is Hawk doing these days? I worry about him with the way the Covid is ravaging our black and brown communities in NY.

9 minutes ago, toonkee said:

How is Hawk doing these days? I worry about him with the way the Covid is ravaging our black and brown communities in NY.

As obstinate and charismatic as ever.  The fact he will take time out of his day to debate/engage with a white boy in Idaho if I present something worth talking about really shows his character.  I make a weekly contribution to his sisters congressional campaign.  She is a big proponent of UBI and I find her sincere, authentic and outside the box.  Really dig her.  Fierce yet somehow soft spoken.  We could use her in the House.

Edit:  I think he also appreciates the fact I just wreck the MAGA crowd that posts on his page, decimate them.  After MWCboarding it is easy as pie.