Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

GAME THREAD: 2020 United States Presidential Election, featuring the Battle for Control of the Senate and the House

4 hours ago, Spaztecs said:

Here's the immediate future of the Trump Party.  

Trump Jr. and Kimberly Guilfoyle make moves to expand RNC influence and possibly takeover, sources say

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/10/politics/donald-trump-jr-kimberly-guilfoyle-rnc/index.html

@CPslograd@thelawlorfaithful

Prepare thy anii

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

41 minutes ago, BYUcougfan said:

Seems to be some trouble in paradise:

https://news.yahoo.com/were-not-demonic-cult-democrats-093057144.html

My personal favorite: "What we need right now is some profound silence. There’s nothing wrong with just shutting up,” said Rep. Emanuel Cleaver (D-Mo.). “We’re fueling disruption in the Democratic Caucus and also just turning up the oven in the greater universe.”

Rich man's problems. 

The key issue at stake there wasn't ideological so much as it was institutional. AOC defended progressives (they all won in swing districts), but her main criticism was that the DNC campaigning apparatus was outdated and parochial. 

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

Just now, Akkula said:

That lady reminds me of that old "man hands" skit on Seinfeld where the lady was cracking the lobster, LOL

I still don't understand how you go from being married to Gavin Newsom to being Don Jr.'s fiance'.

If you ain't no punk
Holla, "We want prenup! We want prenup!" (Yeah!)
It's somethin' that you need to have
'Cause when she leave yo' ass, she gon' leave with half
Eighteen years, eighteen years
And on the 18th birthday he found out it wasn't his?
Now, I ain't sayin' she a gold digger
(When I'm in need) But she ain't messin' with no broke

-Kanye West

20 minutes ago, son of a gun said:

Or this about how she made one of her Fox News assistants:

the assistant alleged that Guilfoyle, her direct supervisor, subjected her frequently to degrading, abusive, and sexually inappropriate behavior; among other things, she said that she was frequently required to work at Guilfoyle’s New York apartment while the Fox host displayed herself naked, and was shown photographs of the genitalia of men with whom Guilfoyle had had sexual relations. The draft complaint also alleged that Guilfoyle spoke incessantly and luridly about her sex life, and on one occasion demanded a massage of her bare thighs; other times, she said, Guilfoyle told her to submit to a Fox employee’s demands for sexual favors, encouraged her to sleep with wealthy and powerful men, asked her to critique her naked body, demanded that she share a room with her on business trips, required her to sleep over at her apartment, and exposed herself to her, making her feel deeply uncomfortable.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/the-secret-history-of-kimberly-guilfoyles-departure-from-fox

1 hour ago, son of a gun said:

These are the kinds of things Trumpism stands for. 

MAGA for old white guys

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

https://electionresults.sos.ca.gov/returns/us-rep/district/25

This race is nuts.  Garcia won the special election back in the spring, and now he is trying to hold the seat.  It's been razor close from start to finish, he was behind by about 1700 this morning, now he is up by about a hundred votes.  Still some to count, truly a tossup who wins this one, and it might be so close a recount flips it.  Garcia is exactly the kind of candidate we need to compete in the burbs in CA.  If he loses, the GOP will need to find a post redistricting district for him to run in.  Normally it would be a huge thing for him to win this cycle, because the midterms should favor republicans, and it would give him time to build up organization and money for 2024.  With redistricting that might not matter though.

District 21 is going to wind up being very close too.  Currently shows the republican Portagee Valadao up 3, but still a lot to count, and what's left seems to be rural Kern County.  Not sure why Kern is so slow to come in.  In theory that would favor Cox the democrat.  But this year is hard to tell, because we don't always know which types of ballots haven't been counted.

The CA SOS website is really good.  Shows you the unprocessed ballots and where they are.

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo refused to acknowledge Joe Biden's victory as President-elect, saying at the State Department Tuesday that "there will be a smooth transition to a second Trump administration," igniting a furor and roiling diplomats.

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say