Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

GAME THREAD: 2020 United States Presidential Election, featuring the Battle for Control of the Senate and the House

1 hour ago, gold-n-brown said:

I think the amount of things that are going to come to light in the next few months will disqualify Trump from ever holding office again.  I have said before, Biden was like my fourth choice, but damn I am happy and relieved today.

I agree but that will depress the vote on the R side.   It’s a tricky course the Republicans have to run. 

10 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

Sadly the GOP is devolving into a party of loons, idiots, racists & conspiracists - No wonder their voter reg numbers are tanking 

They have been sold fake news over and over again.  They are extremely susceptible to propaganda and manipulation.  The problem is it makes up the bulk of their base.  

15 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I was being sarcastic 

Hey mug, how's your brother holding up? I have a sister who's a Trumpanzee and she's in denial...of course. :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, crixus said:

Hey mug, how's your brother holding up? I have a sister who's a Trumpanzee and she's in denial...of course. :rolleyes:

I have a couple of uncles who are as well. They haven't fully cracked (I hope), but they are doing one of those "copy and paste this message if you agree" things on facebook right now.

12 minutes ago, FresnoFacts said:

Oh and the Trumpers I know are coming up with all kinds of reasons why Fresno County voted for Biden. They still don't believe that the county also went for Hillary in 2016. Marek from the Fresno Bee has tried to tell them it is true.

https://www.fresnobee.com/opinion/opn-columns-blogs/marek-warszawski/article247005457.html

Meantime down in very Republican Kern County/Bakersfield, as of yesterday (Friday) morning they still had to count 50% of the votes (over 150,000 ballots). No cries of stop the count there that I have heard. Last update there had it Trump 49.63% to Biden 48.26%. In 2016 Trump had 54.7%.

The one’s here don’t think it’s over.  They fully believe Trumps claims of massive fraud.  They are talking about faithless electors.  When the Eisenhower Republicans don’t do it they will see it as deep state against Trump.   

I bet my friend $200 on the election which he claims isn’t over.  When I offered to bet on the outcome of the legal and the bet being not watching Fox he too readily agreed.  When I included OAN he went off on biased news sources.   

Image :thumbsup:

29 minutes ago, FresnoFacts said:

The ones I know are talking OAN and NewsMax. NewsMax is on OTA channel 13.10 in Fresno so free and easy for them to get.

Yep they are bailing on Fox for OAN.  If/when Hannity and Carlson head there they will move in mass.  

32 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Yep. The GOP hasn’t navigated this nightmare yet.  Their base believes anything Hannity and Carlson say.   

Which is why my opinion is that the best thing that could happen for the legit Repubs is for those lunatics to join Trump in a new network designed for supreme nutjobs and now that Murdoch is six feet under for FoxNews to evolve into what CNN once was as an actual source for news rather than mostly commentary. If that was to happen, I could see myself becoming a Fox watcher and Republican if the next Democratic nominee is from the Sanders coaching tree.

9 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

The one’s here don’t think it’s over.  They fully believe Trumps claims of massive fraud.  They are talking about faithless electors.  When the Eisenhower Republicans don’t do it they will see it as deep state against Trump.  

The Republicans I know who are just conservatives or moderates (but they are not Never Trumpers) are taking losing as part of the process. Basically a win some/lose some, wait until next time attitude. The hard-core Trump fans are more personally emotionally invested and can't believe it.

I'm in the camp the GOP will have to make a choice. Keep catering to the Trump wing or move away from it. I can see the GOP fracturing.

I think Fox News faces the same choice. Move away from Trumpism to operate as a conservative/right of center media or follow the far-right toward the OAN/NewsMax viewpoint.

If you want to peer into the abyss of pure insanity, read Breitbart comment sections right now :lol:

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

1 hour ago, FresnoFacts said:

Joe, you'll appreciate this one.

I hear it's really rough in oak Vegas right now. I think she works at then H Bar B. 

12 minutes ago, 818SUDSFan said:

Which is why my opinion is that the best thing that could happen for the legit Repubs is for those lunatics to join Trump in a new network designed for supreme nutjobs and now that Murdoch is six feet under for FoxNews to evolve into what CNN once was as an actual source for news rather than mostly commentary. If that was to happen, I could see myself becoming a Fox watcher and Republican if the next Democratic nominee is from the Sanders coaching tree.

Isn't this what the Lincoln project is after.  A reborn more center right Republican Party?

8 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Yep they are bailing on Fox for OAN.  If/when Hannity and Carlson head there they will move in mass.  

NewsMax has already been picking up some of the Trump supporting commentators. Sean Spicer is now nightly there, Diamond and Silk are weekly.

I think NewsMax will give OAN a run for the Trumpists depending upon who bolts for OAN.