retrofade

GAME THREAD: 2020 United States Presidential Election, featuring the Battle for Control of the Senate and the House

Yea, I'm definitely convinced that the Nevada and AZ slowdown is just to wait and see if Pennsylvania flips today. SOS there says she expects vas majority of outstanding ballots to be counted. If the Biden friendly estimates, are right, that the math puts Biden near 100,000 up, then it takes the heat off everyone else at least temporarily. 

I'm not sure how I feel about that. 

1 minute ago, Rebels18 said:

Biden wins 270-268. Trump demands recount. Brings it to the SC. SC rules that votes arrived after election day shall not be counted

Biden loses in recount

get f*cked !

If Biden pulls out PA it won't matter

• Like 1
1 hour ago, SharkTanked said:

Another note re: Nevada. This is the first election that is a mandated combined election. The legislature passed a law last session requiring municipalities to run on a combined ballot with Federal/State/County. Previously municipalities were allowed to run on alternate cycles (and many did). Although it probably does not have a huge impact, there are additional votes to tabulate for every voter who lives in a municipality. So a little over half of Clark County, and I would guess a similar if not higher ratio for Washoe.

I hate this by the way. Local government elections dictated by the Washington horse race sucks.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

I hate this by the way. Local government elections dictated by the Washington horse race sucks.

And the most important races get buried down ballot. It's why the local governments fought it for years, but were finally unsuccessful. It's too bad.

• Sad 1

Will say I missed on the amount of NV votes that I thought were going to "None of These Candidates" - Was thinking tween 4 & 6% based on the feeling that lots of voters didn't care for either candidate and it also was an "out" for R's that didn't like trump, but couldn't go Biden 

The "NoTC" vote didn't even reach 1% and sits at 0.90 % - 11,042 out of 1,222,331 votes as of last update

Good news for Libertarians is that Jo beat NoTC by 605 !!! :cheer:

• Haha 2
  • Cheers 1
2 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Montana still runs school elections and city elections with bonds, etc on a separate schedule from any federal elections

• Like 2