Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

GAME THREAD: 2020 United States Presidential Election, featuring the Battle for Control of the Senate and the House

Tufts University updated their tracking of youth (18-29) early/absentee voting today. The data is through October 27 with several good graphs at the link.

https://circle.tufts.edu/latest-research/absentee-and-early-voting-youth-2020-election

As of October 27 over 1,000,000 18-29 yr olds in Texas had already voted. In 2016 there were about 1.2 million total ballots cast by that age group.

Besides just the larger number of young adults voting early, their share of all early/absentee voters has increased sharply.

For example, in Texas in 2016 youth voters were only 6% of all early/absentee voters at the same point 7 days before the election. As of October 27 they were 13% of the Texas early/absentee vote for this year.

In Minnesota in 2016 young adults were only 4.8% of early/absentee voting at 7 days before the election but this year they are over 12% of all early/absentee votes so far at that point.

How that will play out with in-person voting and the results is still to be seen.

4 hours ago, retrofade said:

This QAnon supporting Congressional candidate in Colorado isn't the sharpest tool in the shed. Mind you, that's implied given that she's a Qdiot, but still.

She’s probably going to win too. She has no platform other than she hates libruls, but she’ll get famous because of her sweet rack.

5 hours ago, Fort Fun said:

She’s probably going to win too. She has no platform other than she hates libruls, but she’ll get famous because of her sweet rack.

That was a fun Wikipedia read

In 2015, she was cited for disorderly conduct at a music festival. As she was being handcuffed, according to deputies’ reports, Boebert tried to twist away from police, telling them that her arrest was unconstitutional, that "she had friends at Fox News," and "that the arrest would be national news.” Boebert twice failed to appear in court on the charge. It was dismissed because the prosecutor believed a jury would not convict her.

2 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

She’s obviously a fvcking loser. Not like that ever happens on the left. 😂😂😂👍

I'm sure all the "law and order" lovers in her district will proudly vote her in

22 minutes ago, sebasour said:

I'm sure all the "law and order" lovers in her district will proudly vote her in

I used to spend a lot of time in the mountains doing TL work just south of the I-70 corridor around Parachute, Silt, Rifle, Gypsum, etc. and they’re a special kind of people. I believe she’s from Rifle. 

Everyone owns land up in the mountains and I’d have to go through dozens of gates to get where I needed to go. If they didn’t have the right lock that I could open, I was supposed to cut it off and put the right one on. Some of those guys would freak out when I did that, like I’m from the government messing with their gates and land. No, it’s an electric utility that has legal access to a transmission line easement that runs through your property, you stupid fvcks. 

The worst was when it was hunting season, and those dopes are totally paranoid about people hunting on their property. I had a few people come at me with shotguns until they realized who I was. I hated that job. I was based in downtown Denver and had to drive 4 hours each way to be around those lovely people. A lot of them are OK, but still too many dumb asses. 

kat.jpg

I went out grocery shopping today. Unfortunately, my preferred store these days (Wegmans) is 20ish minutes away. On the way there and the way back, I saw a ton of both Trump and Bidem signs. I also saw canvassers out for both camps. On top of that, at two different intersections I saw people out with Confederate flag and signs that said "Biden murders babies, vote Trump". 

I technically drove through four different cities (Durham, Raleigh, Morrisville, and Cary) on that trip. 

1 hour ago, retrofade said:

I went out grocery shopping today. Unfortunately, my preferred store these days (Wegmans) is 20ish minutes away. On the way there and the way back, I saw a ton of both Trump and Bidem signs. I also saw canvassers out for both camps. On top of that, at two different intersections I saw people out with Confederate flag and signs that said "Biden murders babies, vote Trump". 

I technically drove through four different cities (Durham, Raleigh, Morrisville, and Cary) on that trip. 

Why would Biden murder them when he wants to sniff them?  C'mon guys, be consistent

Maher hit a good tone in his closing last night.

• "Thirty-four percent of the voters believe there will be another Civil War within the next five years and I'd like to remind them of one thing: America is a family and the definition of family is people who hate each other without resorting to violence."
  • "We have to see each other not as mortal enemies but rather merely as roommates from hell."
  • "People keep sending me these maps showing how red states and blue states should just go our separate ways.......Shut the f**k up. Take it from someone who has traveled this country my whole life: There are no red states or blue states. They’re all like Mitch McConnell’s hands — some shade of purple"
  • "If we want to simply exist, we're going to have to find a way to work together."
  • "So please, whatever happens Tuesday, let's find a way to live together. We have to - because no other country will take us."

The full closing:

I don't think this will be the case but it's interesting to note

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

18 hours ago, Fort Fun said:

She says "I'm not a FOLLOWER of QAnon."

Is use of that word intentional ambiguity or just abject stupidity?