Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

GAME THREAD: 2020 United States Presidential Election, featuring the Battle for Control of the Senate and the House

24 minutes ago, crixus said:

I wonder what University will open a Trump Presidential Library. Probably an unaccredited diploma mill like Trump University was.

Trump University fast facts - Need to Impeach

Before Falwell Jr. was unceremoniously dismissed, I would have said Liberty. At this point, I'll guess Bob Jones or Pensacola Christian.

2 minutes ago, SharkTanked said:

Super spreader.  Seriously though, Joe outta remind people we are still in a pandemic and its getting worse. No large gatherings. 

I mean, I guess the upside there is that they're wearing masks. That said, it's stupid.

2 minutes ago, retrofade said:

I mean, I guess the upside there is that they're wearing masks. That said, it's stupid.

Yeah not really enough. The guy that made Covid a central plank of his election platfrom needs to show some leadership quick on this.

Stephen Miller wont be in the White House soon.

Sparty makes a statement in SD.

We got our first rain in the Valley, so it feels like fall.

My wife is making her famous homemade spaghetti sauce tonight.

My class has a midterm next week so I basically have a week off with the holiday.

I may very well get laid tonight.

200.gif

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

7 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Yeah, I wouldn't be there. The commentators have been making statements here and there about it.

But hey, kids are gonna do the kids thing. Like I said when COVID started, there are things we do collectively that define who we are as a people. We're still gonna find a way to do them eventually, disease or not. It's not a justification. they shouldn't be doing that. But they are, and no one is gonna stop them.

Let's hope they wake up tomorrow hungover and decide to self-isolate for a couple weeks. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

1 hour ago, crixus said:

I wonder what University will open a Trump Presidential Library. Probably an unaccredited diploma mill like Trump University was.

Nothing says the Trump Presidential Library has to be at a University.

I still think it will be part of one of his golf/hotel complexes. That way the library generates income back to the Trump Corp.

Probably it will be a complex like Graceland with a hotel, RV park, shops, restaurants, etc. Fans can stay for a couple of days, spend money, maybe attend an event or meet-and-greet with a Trump family member or former WH aide.

3 minutes ago, FresnoFacts said:

Nothing says the Trump Presidential Library has to be at a University.

I still think it will be part of one of his golf/hotel complexes. That way the library generates income back to the Trump Corp.

Probably it will be a complex like Graceland with a hotel, RV park, shops, restaurants, etc. Fans can stay for a couple of days, spend money, maybe attend an event or meet-and-greet with a Trump family member or former WH aide.

Trumper cruises will be a thing.