Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

GAME THREAD: 2020 United States Presidential Election, featuring the Battle for Control of the Senate and the House

House update:

Dems - 212

GOP - 194

If the Dems win every seat they are leading right now on RCP they will pickup at least 7 more seats. There are two races that are currently 50/50 (CA-25 and IA-2), 1 race where the Dem is at 49.9% (IL-14), and 1 upcoming runoff (LA-5). The Dems will end up with between 219-223 seats.

Not going to believe it but here goes

i was called by trumpers about the bags of ballots i saw heading east of nevada!   I can’t make this shit up they showed with some feds!  I was afraid and had to sign a statement this claim wasn’t true

i was joking but will be better now

18 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Fair point.

That being said, whenever I go out to kill a bunch of black widows in my yard I refer to it as a black widow holocaust. I think that's a metaphor. Hm...

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

20 minutes ago, 818SUDSFan said:

Zona has actually come a long way.

There was a time when that state was so far right that people like McCain and Flake could never have won a statewide election. However, very soon the state's two senators are going to both be Democrats and the state has now voted for a Democrat over a Republican president.

To digress a bit, Idaho being a marked exception, the Republican Party continues to lose its once firm grip on the western US.

I know the definition of insanity

18 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

House update:

Dems - 212

GOP - 194

If the Dems win every seat they are leading right now on RCP they will pickup at least 7 more seats. There are two races that are currently 50/50 (CA-25 and IA-2), 1 race where the Dem is at 49.9% (IL-14), and 1 upcoming runoff (LA-5). The Dems will end up with between 219-223 seats.

image.jpeg.538360a25ee154176cfca2aa2b597404.jpeg

Love me some GRIDLOCK!  That might be the most evenly divide House in history.

And I feel pretty good about winning those GA runoffs.  If the GOP has the senate, the gridlocked house will be a wreck.  The leadership and Biden will be trying to pass stuff that can make it through the senate, while the crazies will be busy making a name for themselves with guarenteed income and other whacko stuff.  The Blue Dogs know they are fighting for their political lives next cycle, so they can't budge.

I'm happy, happy, happy...

20 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

image.jpeg.538360a25ee154176cfca2aa2b597404.jpeg

Love me some GRIDLOCK!  That might be the most evenly divide House in history.

And I feel pretty good about winning those GA runoffs.  If the GOP has the senate, the gridlocked house will be a wreck.  The leadership and Biden will be trying to pass stuff that can make it through the senate, while the crazies will be busy making a name for themselves with guarenteed income and other whacko stuff.  The Blue Dogs know they are fighting for their political lives next cycle, so they can't budge.

I'm happy, happy, happy...

cope

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

15 minutes ago, BYUcougfan said:

Is this written in stone like the 2020 blue wave?

All Trump or a Trump-like figure has to do is serve up some slop for the hawgs that make up his base. Those porkers in the rurals can't help themselves, once they hear soliloquys about the biological propensity of immigrant crime and sophisticated rape fantasies about the libs, their response will be absolutely Pavlovian. Empty suit Republicans can't overcome all that slobber. Your primary will be a competition on the human limits of psychosis and sadism.

Have fun

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

12 minutes ago, youngredbullfan said:

All Trump or a Trump-like figure has to do is serve up some slop for the hawgs that make up his base. Those porkers in the rurals can't help themselves, once they hear soliloquys about the biological propensity of immigrant crime and sophisticated rape fantasies about the libs, their response will be absolutely Pavlovian. Empty suit Republicans can't overcome all that slobber. Your primary will be a competition on the human limits of psychosis and sadism.

Have fun

No wonder Democrats can't win in rural areas...if they think like you.  Have you ever spoken to someone from a rural area?  You basically have created a caricature of what you think those people are.  So sad for someone who pretends to be so learned.

3 minutes ago, BYUcougfan said:

No wonder Democrats can't win in rural areas...if they think like you.  Have you ever spoken to someone from a rural area?  You basically have created a caricature of what you think those people are.  So sad for someone who pretends to be so learned.

Liberal Scream GIF - Liberal Scream LiberalScreamReverse GIFs

8 minutes ago, Bob said:

Yeah, he's deranged. Got to give him props. I could not have written a more pathetic, deranged, spite-filled, douchier paragraph had I gone on a week-long retreat with the sole purpose of composing such.

Liberal Scream GIF - Liberal Scream LiberalScreamReverse GIFs