Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

GAME THREAD: 2020 United States Presidential Election, featuring the Battle for Control of the Senate and the House

2 minutes ago, FresnoFacts said:

More people jumping ship and watching out for themselves.

I'll say it again, the number of tell all books that will come out in 2021 about this White House will be huge.

your Barnes and Noble stock ticker is; BNEN

19 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’m perfectly fine, thanks. Someone as smart as you should be more attentive.

A question for you and other Utahns: How the hell did Grand County in Utah go to Biden?!?

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

14 minutes ago, Nevada6077 said:

Does Idaho have any people besides straight white dudes and a few minorities? Serious

Blaine County has a sizable Hispanic population. Visited some family there recently. It went for Biden!

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

8 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Well, Boise is certified as a "welcoming" city for refugees, only the third every city to be given that distinction.  We also have a healthy Hispanic community and the largest Basque community in the country.

As far as how "straight" well, the pride parade is the second biggest event in the city every year.  Lot's of diversity in that regard.

Boise definitely has some diversity.  Elsewhere less.  Trump won the state nearly 2-1. We lose to BYU w/in hours of Biden’s victory speech — day from hell for many. 

7 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Well, Boise is certified as a "welcoming" city for refugees, only the third every city to be given that distinction.  We also have a healthy Hispanic community and the largest Basque community in the country.

As far as how "straight" well, the pride parade is the second biggest event in the city every year.  Lot's of diversity in that regard.

Basque is european so i dont count them.  I should have said non european

2 minutes ago, youngredbullfan said:

A question for you and other Utahns: How the hell did Grand County in Utah go to Biden?!?

if I had to guess the only notable city is Moab which has seen growth from lots of transplants from elsewhere

Just now, Nevada6077 said:

Basque is european so i dont count them.  I should have said non european

I think Idaho is nevada but twenty years behind, or maybe a few less. Nevada used to be the usual old suspects except as reno and vegas grew they became less important. Vegas mostly but reno has fallen.  I see as Boise grows and not the rest of the state the same will happen.  

My prediction is they will be the next state to turn Blue!  they will join nev az ca or wash nm co

16 minutes ago, Del Scorcho said:

Fire up those paper shredders, boys...

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

Just now, Fort Fun said:

Eating lunch and thinking about all the Wyoming Cowboy Trumpers out there. I hope they're having a terrible day.

On here there's a pretty good divide. For the state, Albany County and Jackson (obviously) went for Biden.

1 hour ago, Nevada6077 said:

Well lets think about this?

1. President Obama for eight years

2. Multiple cabinet members appointed by Obama

3. Elected minority civil servants in every state of the union

4. Of course let us not forget about the civil rights bills in the 60's

5. Board of education vs brown

6. Trends in Income, Poverty, and Unemployment

Now what have repubs done?

1. Making it harder to vote for this group of people at every corner

2. Had the whitest cabinet in forty years

3. Not condemned hateful groups responsible for death in Charlotte

Chime in if you want folks

Watching Trump walk around his campaign HQ on Tuesday afternoon, something looked odd but I couldn't figure out immediately what it was. After a few minutes, it occurred to me that what was odd was the almost total absence of people of color. There were three or four dozen people around Trump during those 20 minutes or so and with the exception of two African American women, all appeared to be caucasian. Even then one of the two women was obviously there for security reasons, probably a Secret Service person not hired by Trump himself. MAGA!

26 minutes ago, Nevada6077 said:

Does Idaho have any people besides straight white dudes and a few minorities? Serious

Yes.

A lot of agriculture here which attracts migrant workers. Refugees, native Americans.

One of the Final Five..........

Nice comparison to Trump and Stalin a the start of WW2.  Stalin had gotten rid of All his competent generals and people who were independent and not just loyal to a full regardless of competence.   Morning Joe saying Trump has wiped out the competence level in the White House and kept only the "yes man" staff.  Thus he has no James Baker or strong cabinet members to help him.  He is on his own.