Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

GAME THREAD: 2020 United States Presidential Election, featuring the Battle for Control of the Senate and the House

4 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Feel bad for USPS.  Don’t think they are trying to lose ballots.  They are getting beaten like a rented mule.  

While there may be some individual problems, my guess is much of what is not accounted for was likely delivered but did not get properly scanned as delivered.

But the moves DeJoy was making a few months ago just added to the idea of fraud.

6 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Feel bad for USPS.  Don’t think they are trying to lose ballots.  They are getting beaten like a rented mule.  

People working at USPS. Isn’t the head a trump buddy who started to sew dissension in the postal service a few months ago?

33 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

George H. W. is the polar opposite of Trump.  

Trump's lucky HW was too old by the time he started talking shit about his family. If Trump angered HW in his prime as the head of the CIA, four kilos of the finest Nicaraguan coke would have been "found" in Trump's gold toilet. 

HW was the Michael Jordan of the deep state. Absolute demon.

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

48 minutes ago, Del Scorcho said:

remember the outrage from the right regarding that thread about comparing Trump to Hitler? You can't tell me we're not dangerously headed in that direction with what we are witnessing.

I mean, all of this stuff is raising the stakes even more here. It's not over. If Trump somehow pulls it off, how does he govern moving forward? Or more importantly, what will it do to the country to have him governing moving forward with a pass from the GOP on what is clearly the darkest moment of his presidency?

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

2 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

I mean, all of this stuff is raising the stakes even more here. It's not over. If Trump somehow pulls it off, how does he govern moving forward? Or more importantly, what will it do to the country to have him governing moving forward with a pass from the GOP on what is clearly the darkest moment of his presidency?

If the electoral college vote is projected to be close (looks increasingly doubtful), I would not be surprised if Trump attempted to coerce electors to cast faithless votes. 

Yea, I'm definitely convinced that the Nevada and AZ slowdown is just to wait and see if Pennsylvania flips today. SOS there says she expects vas majority of outstanding ballots to be counted. If the Biden friendly estimates, are right, that the math puts Biden near 100,000 up, then it takes the heat off everyone else at least temporarily. 

I'm not sure how I feel about that. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

1 minute ago, Rebels18 said:

Biden wins 270-268. Trump demands recount. Brings it to the SC. SC rules that votes arrived after election day shall not be counted

Biden loses in recount

get f*cked !

If Biden pulls out PA it won't matter

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

1 hour ago, toonkee said:

What makes America great.

Part of the lesson should be you don’t toss out a man like that for a draft dodging, philandering, serial liar baby boomer! But alas.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

1 hour ago, SharkTanked said:

Another note re: Nevada. This is the first election that is a mandated combined election. The legislature passed a law last session requiring municipalities to run on a combined ballot with Federal/State/County. Previously municipalities were allowed to run on alternate cycles (and many did). Although it probably does not have a huge impact, there are additional votes to tabulate for every voter who lives in a municipality. So a little over half of Clark County, and I would guess a similar if not higher ratio for Washoe.

I hate this by the way. Local government elections dictated by the Washington horse race sucks.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.