Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

GAME THREAD: 2020 United States Presidential Election, featuring the Battle for Control of the Senate and the House

2020 Bargain Bin Brooks Brother Riot Won't be enough 

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

7 minutes ago, CV147 said:

Out of curiosity, why is it that Democratic Party strongholds have such a tough time having votes counted by election day?

Does the average Dem voter wait until election day to mail in an absentee ballot? Why?

In a couple of cases Republicans in state legislatures blocked attempts to allow counties to start counting mail-in ballots early.

11 minutes ago, CV147 said:

Out of curiosity, why is it that Democratic Party strongholds have such a tough time having votes counted by election day?

Does the average Dem voter wait until election day to mail in an absentee ballot? Why?

The GOP controls both chambers of the Wisconsin state legislature. Same in Arizona, except the Governor is also a Republican.

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

2 minutes ago, FresnoFacts said:

In a couple of cases Republicans in state legislatures blocked attempts to allow counties to start counting mail-in ballots early.

Can they scan them without counting? Where I'm at they had three weeks of early voting and scanned all the mailed-in ballots, but were forbidden to press a button to figure totals until the polls closed.

7 minutes ago, youngredbullfan said:

I don't know if he'll be up for that. His political organization will be gifted to another psycho. Whether Trumpism is a personality cult or a real, new force in American politics will be determined in the 2024 Republican Primary.

He could just start his campaign, and then give it up to Junior or Ivanka later.

6 minutes ago, CV147 said:

Can they scan them without counting? Where I'm at they had three weeks of early voting and scanned all the mailed-in ballots, but were forbidden to press a button to figure totals until the polls closed.

In Michigan I understand county clerks from both parties wanted to start counting at least a day or two early. They could see the larger number coming in this year.

But the GOP in the legislature refused. When they got push back, the GOP in the MI legislature agreed to allow counties to remove ballots from the mailing envelope but not from the privacy envelope. So they still could not start counting until yesterday.

The conspiracy theory is they wanted to delay absentee counting to cause this situation.