Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

GAME THREAD: 2020 United States Presidential Election, featuring the Battle for Control of the Senate and the House

Just now, Rebels18 said:

if trump aint winnin' they're cheaTIN I TELL YA

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I like this better. Embrace the pain

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

Just now, Del Scorcho said:

hey can any of you Silver State folks go over the the election office and help count?

200.gif

are they seriously not going to start counting again till tomorrow?

There’s not much left to count. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

19 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

Is it too early to start heavily drinking? 

It's been Happy Hour in America since  November of 2000 

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

4 minutes ago, Spaztecs said:

Because the Trumpist narrative of an EC and PV landslide didn't materialize ?

Think Which One GIF by Nick Jonas

Well and Trumpists (and conservatives in general) selectively chose pieces that talked about a landslide for Biden as a "media" consensus. It wasn't. This scenario was predicted, and those predictions have held. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

18 minutes ago, Rebels18 said:

In every single state Trump was leading by a significant margin, overnight magically Biden got all the votes he needed while we're sleeping at 4am. 

Reaction Mind Blown GIF by Debby RyanPlucking Magic

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

It looks like the Republicans will keep the senate. So we might get the best possible outcome of a Biden win, a split congress, and GOP Supreme Court. This is why we have separation of powers. As I mentioned earlier, I’ve come to the conclusion that whenever either party has too much control, the American people get +++++ed.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

8 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

It is what it isn’t as well. Punch yourself in the balls.

What good would it do? You can never know what it's like for me to be punched in the balls. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

2 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

Well and Trumpists (and conservatives in general) selectively chose pieces that talked about a landslide for Biden as a "media" consensus. It wasn't. This scenario was predicted, and those predictions have held. 

Correct. It’s as if those complaining loudest about narratives are pushing their own narrative.

1 minute ago, BSUTOP25 said:

It looks like the Republicans will keep the senate. So we might get the best possible outcome of a Biden win, a split congress, and GOP Supreme Court. This is why we have separation of powers. As I mentioned earlier, I’ve come to the conclusion that whenever either party has too much control, the American people get +++++ed.

so long as no SCOTUS justices up and die in 2024.....:P

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

31 minutes ago, Rebels18 said:

What was the distribution of votes during that period to close that big of a gap in Wisconsin? Biden must've been gaining votes on a 3 to 1 ratio. 

Considering they were early mail in ballots from urban areas, a 3-1 ratio is very realistic.