Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

GAME THREAD: 2020 United States Presidential Election, featuring the Battle for Control of the Senate and the House

2 minutes ago, Rebels18 said:

In every single state Trump was leading by a significant margin, overnight magically Biden got all the votes he needed while we're sleeping at 4am. 

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-mirage-explainer-idUSKBN27H1A6

In Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin, mail-in ballots cannot be counted until Election Day. While Michigan did recently pass a law that allows many cities to start processing mail-in ballots, such as opening ballot envelopes, the day before the election, they cannot begin to count votes.

Because mail-in ballots typically take longer to count than ballots cast in person, the initial results could skew Republican. Then, some experts say, expect a “blue shift” as election officials wade through the piles of mail-in ballots.

Pennsylvania and Wisconsin may be slowed by their lack of experience with high volumes of mail-in ballots. About one in 20 votes in the two states were cast by mail in the 2018 congressional election, compared to a quarter of Michigan’s votes and about a third of Florida’s.

There isn’t anything sketchy about this.  The red mirage effect has been reported for a long time and not to be shocked if the results shift as mail in ballots are counted. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Just now, Del Scorcho said:

I don't know if this was reported, but CNN just projected Maine's 4 electoral votes to Biden

That happened last night for other news networks. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

12 minutes ago, Rebels18 said:

That vertical trendline is still unrealistic. It was 100% Biden votes to flip the state. 

no it wasn't. 

Go to  their State elections website and you can probably find the hourly updates combined with %of votes cointed by County.

When I went to bed at 2am Mst, The Counties  that contain Detroit,  Milwaukee, and Atl were ~80@ counted. That's a lot of uncounted Blue ballots. So, naturally,  you will see large swings in vote tallies .

Look at the entire  chart. Trump had big uptrends when the rural counties started  reporting.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

Just now, mugtang said:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-mirage-explainer-idUSKBN27H1A6

There isn’t anything sketchy about this.  The red mirage effect has been reported for a long time and not to be shocked if the results shift as mail in ballots are counted. 

Those vertical lines on the voting graphs are statistically impossible. 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

3 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

Quite credible, actually. Predictable, even.

I suppose you're right, nerd

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

Just now, Rebels18 said:

this is small dick energy

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

17 minutes ago, RogueStout said:

Yeah all those military folks serving overseas should definitely not be able to vote. 

How about college kids who have to vote absentee ? Guv employees working out of state or the country. 

We can't be counting those votes. They lean Dem !

Americans Mayor

2 minutes ago, Rebels18 said:

No they aren’t. 

1 hour ago, Spaztecs said:

Personally, I want to see Senile Joe at the Inaug without  his pants on, screaming  at the onlookers to get off his  lawn, while confessing he has a love child with Black China.

And when Trumpistan goes nuts about his incompetence, I'll shrug my shoulders and say, "Thats just Joe. He's a different kind of President."

Holy phuck I just spit my coffee out reading that. Lol!

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

“No we don’t agree with what’s coming out of the White House,” a senior GOP official said. “We see no credible reports of fraud or anything improper.” 

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

1 minute ago, Spaztecs said:

How about college kids who have to vote absentee ? Guv employees working out of state or the country. 

We can't be counting those votes. They lean Dem !

The only people who should be eligible to vote are adult white males, 35-60.

1 minute ago, mugtang said:

No they aren’t. 

stop pounding your beautiful bald head into a brick wall

1 minute ago, mugtang said:

No they aren’t. 

I mean, I'm not a stats guy but the fact that the axes are votes and time, and the counts come in in chunks, mean that the lines will look wonky... 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

Biden's up nearly 3 million votes in the popular. Expect that to climb as votes on the West Coast are finalized. Individual state polling was off, but I think the national poll will be closer than to what was projected than most think.

21 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

So... a close election with red mirage followed by a blue shift, and the president declaring victory on election night. The situation that has been predicted for months. How exactly was "the media" wrong on this?

Because the Trumpist narrative of an EC and PV landslide didn't materialize ?

Think Which One GIF by Nick Jonas

Americans Mayor