Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

GAME THREAD: 2020 United States Presidential Election, featuring the Battle for Control of the Senate and the House

3 minutes ago, mugtang said:

No it’s not. There’s a jump for Trump too otherwise it would look like this 

DC63588F-E780-4272-8937-54BDEFDB3D93.jpeg

What was the distribution of votes during that period to close that big of a gap in Wisconsin? Biden must've been gaining votes on a 3 to 1 ratio. 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

4 minutes ago, mugtang said:

No it’s not. There’s a jump for Trump too otherwise it would look like this 

DC63588F-E780-4272-8937-54BDEFDB3D93.jpeg

to be fair, math is hard

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

Just now, bornontheblue said:

Is it too early to start heavily drinking? 

Shit I wish I woke up drunk. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

11 minutes ago, Rebels18 said:

Hey, you're down with this country to stop counting votes when the election is going one way, then in 3-5AM just find a dumptruck of votes that overwhelmingly vote in one direction. There's more votes in Wisconsin than are registered to vote. This is gonna go to the Supreme court

Show me the numbers  and you might have an argument.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

2 minutes ago, Rebels18 said:

What was the distribution of votes during that period to close that big of a gap in Wisconsin? Biden must've been gaining votes on a 3 to 1 ratio. 

If those areas vote 70/30 for Biden and those are the votes outstanding then it makes sense. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

2 minutes ago, Rebels18 said:

thats what happens when you count heavily-black cities that skew Biden by as much as the rurals skew Trump

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

12 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Cast or counted?  Does he know the difference?

steve brule GIF

Americans Mayor

Just now, youngredbullfan said:

to be fair, math is hard

Those vertical lines aren't just statistically improbable, they're impossible.

You're just loser working at a university dragging in $30k/yr--I think I'm better at math than you are.

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

Just now, mugtang said:

If those areas vote 70/30 for Biden and those are the votes outstanding then it makes sense. 

absentee will likely even have more of a biden slant than the normal distribution. in a 70/30 biden district, then absentee could be 80/20

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

Just now, Rebels18 said:

Those vertical lines aren't just statistically improbable, they're impossible.

You're just loser working at a university dragging in $30k/yr--I think I'm better at math than you are.

i wish 

11 minutes ago, retrofade said:

The only people who have been calling for ballots to stop being counted have been Trump and his supporters... like @Bob.

lest we forget @Rebels18

Americans Mayor

Just now, smltwnrckr said:

absentee will likely even have more of a biden slant than the normal distribution. in a 70/30 biden district, then absentee could be 80/20

Trump thought the mail-ins would be heavily Democratic, then cast it as rigged early on, influencing his voters not to do them and thus self-fulfilling his prophecy. Incredible. 

1 minute ago, Rebels18 said:

In every single state Trump was leading by a significant margin, overnight magically Biden got all the votes he needed while we're sleeping at 4am. 

didn't you witness that same thing in Ohio for Trump last night? and a host of other states

4 minutes ago, Rebels18 said:

In every single state Trump was leading by a significant margin, overnight magically Biden got all the votes he needed while we're sleeping at 4am. 

What part of "day-of voters lean right, early voters/mail in voters lean left" can't you understand? None of the early votes were counted in the early part of last night while Trump was gloating about how the couldn't be caught... It's not "magic," Trump is just playing you like a fiddle.

1 minute ago, youngredbullfan said:

Trump thought the mail-ins would be heavily Democratic, then cast it as rigged early on, influencing his voters not to do them and thus self-fulfilling his prophecy. Incredible

Quite credible, actually. Predictable, even.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.