Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

GAME THREAD: 2020 United States Presidential Election, featuring the Battle for Control of the Senate and the House

Just now, sactowndog said:

If we were still in 1800 we would likely have a Civil War for sure.... oh wait they did.

60 years later, after everyone involved in the election of 1800 was long dead. Good luck 2080.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

1 minute ago, son of a gun said:

You have to wonder how many other Rs will be like that this time around. DC is one thing. But on local levels, I'm quite certain the level of disgust with Trump has gone up, if quietly.

I'd agree, could see a % of R's flip to Biden this one time - Said in another post that this election has some factors that make predictions tough

1) D's did and will vote for trump

2) trump is now a known clown, so '16 R's could vote against him in '20 

3) Same for NP's who despised HRC & figured how bad can trump be? Now they now & they could turn on him big time

4) I'd wager that outside of Cult 45 trump hate is driving people more that Biden enthusiasm or will that keep some away from voting

5) SCOTUS seat jammed thru, Stolen SCOTUS seat from '16, RBG factor with females, COVID mess, are all added issues that could be driving people against trump & R's

One thing that will be interesting is the down ballot races around the country and I could see Dems sweeping to win House, Senate & White House 

3 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

If we were still in 1800 we would likely have a Civil War for sure.... oh wait they did.

Was easier to go to scrappin' & secede back then............states were way more on their own & not tied together like in 20th century 

3 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

60 years later, after everyone involved in the election of 1800 was long dead. Good luck 2080.

Have at it, I'll be 120 that year 

Looking forward to watching the war from by head globe 

Pin on Dead Men Tell No Tales

23 minutes ago, youngredbullfan said:

Honestly we're all just reading bones and endtrails right now

The things they have you read in school these days....

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

None of these numbers mean anything to me unless it's clear whether they include early/absentee. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

Just now, sactowndog said:

State? 

AZ

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

6 minutes ago, toonkee said:

However...

However....

Trump is likely going to have to win Washoe by ten to twenty thousand to have a chance.

Yep - Clark D numbers should wipe out the rural R votes & then some...........and if Washoe stays close even to 50-50 Biden wins NV 

People are saying Trump needs a +300k margin to pull it out if independents break Biden (which appears likely). 

He could get there by 7 with the Panhandle added in. But again, how Indys break is absolutely critical.

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

2 minutes ago, youngredbullfan said:

People are saying Trump needs a +300k margin to pull it out if independents break Biden (which appears likely). 

He could get there by 7 with the Panhandle added in. But again, how Indys break is absolutely critical.

Those people are wrong. In 2016 Trump had a 120k lead by party. GOP is already well above that and growing. It's just after 5pm in most of the state and 4pm in the panhandle. Expect a new wave of GOP voters getting off work.