Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

GAME THREAD: 2020 United States Presidential Election, featuring the Battle for Control of the Senate and the House

7 p.m. ET

Where polls close: Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, South Carolina, Vermont, and Virginia. 

of this group Georgia will be interesting to watch.

The Masters 5k road race All American.

48 minutes ago, Del Scorcho said:

That joke has layers and layers...

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

28 minutes ago, son of a gun said:

The Cubans in Florida I can see, but they generally vote Republican anyway. The others though?

Venezuelans and Nicaraguans are pretty Republican in FL too. 

37 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Interesting take.

Clinton won this county by 7% with 65% turnout in 2016. 

I'm confused. Do those numbers include absentee and early voting?

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

1 minute ago, smltwnrckr said:

I'm confused. Do those numbers include absentee and early voting?

Yes, in both instances. The first is saying that if El Paso reaches 70k day of turnout, it would be a good sign for Texas. The second one is that included early and day of voting, that county has exceeded their totals from 2016.

2 minutes ago, Rebelbacker said:

The missing ED county votes are red counties. Panhandle is an hour behind. 

Depends on how Independents break, but I think Trump probably pulls out a close one. 

That Republican turnout machine in Florida is +++++ing serious, man. Hell of an organization.

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

Just now, youngredbullfan said:

Depends on how Independents break, but I think Trump probably pulls out a close one. 

That Republican turnout machine in Florida is +++++ing serious, man. Hell of an organization.

I’d have to compare it to last year at this time. But it looks like this isn’t a Biden landslide at least in Florida.

The Masters 5k road race All American.

Just now, youngredbullfan said:

Wait until the afternoon. The lead will expand in Florida. 

The story no one is talking about now but will in the coming days is the ground game for Trump. That is turning out low propensity voters in mass in multiple states. That's where the campaign money went into. Biden didn't have a ground game until the last few weeks. Too late. 

Weird thing about this 2020 election - is the reality that some R's will flip to Biden.......and some D's will flip to trump ..........question is how many when number crunching party numbers , then there's the bigger mystery of which way are the NP's breaking?!?! 

In NV the Np's probably decide the election and with NV's "None of these candidates" option, I could see quite a few going that route as they aren't happy with Biden or trump