Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

GAME THREAD: 2020 United States Presidential Election, featuring the Battle for Control of the Senate and the House

Ted Cruz should stick to trying to censor Netflix.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

Qunnipiac is fairly left leaning pollster, but them showing Biden up 5 in Ohio today is interesting.

I still think it's shifting red rapidly, but maybe it can go Blue one last time

3 hours ago, 818SUDSFan said:

Except for your prediction for NC, I agree with everything you say.

Yeah, NC demographics are trending Dem. It's turning more into a state like Virginia with the Research Triangle and whatnot. I still think Trump gets enough people out of the boonies to pull off a close one.

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

16 hours ago, masterfrog said:

You don’t need to use a drop box in Texas. They have early voting at a real polling place for anybody who wants to vote. A lot of these polling places are open weekends too and early voting goes on for two weeks. 

Sounds pretty easy to vote in Texas.  Sounds like it could be made easier though.

49 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Sounds pretty easy to vote in Texas.  Sounds like it could be made easier though.

I'd agree with you if there wasn't a pandemic going on. Many voters don't feel safe voting in person. Fear of getting COVID-19 is also not a valid "excuse" for voting absentee in Texas. Texas is one of the only states requiring said excuse for absentee voting in the first place. Texas also limited each county to one dropbox, which makes the process more difficult for urban counties. Several of those urban counties offered multiple dropbox locations before the state government prevented them.

7 minutes ago, Del Scorcho said:

Texas had 8.5 million votes total in 2016.

Currently Texas has 8.2 million early votes already.

Wow.

Here, over 930,000 votes have already been cast in San Diego County as of today; in 2016 a total of 1.3 million votes were cast. 

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

5 minutes ago, toonkee said:

It's always projection with those guys isn't it? I guarantee you Trump is on drugs because he said Biden is. Guarantee it.

trumps former fixer Cohen said the same thing..........whatever trump accuses someone of odds are he's doing that very thing