Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crixus

XFL Suspends Operations

Spring football is a dumb idea. Hopefully now that something like four such pro leagues have unsuccessfully tried it, people have finally learned that.

BTW, if your football program was all around of the caliber of those sweet unis you guys wear, you'd draw a lot more fans. Maybe whoever came up with those should be promoted to athletic director.

Boom goes the dynamite.

My personal preference 

-College football last week of August until 1st week of January (stay the same as it is now)

-College basketball. Push back a month. So December through end of April 

-NBA playoffs pushed back a couple of weeks  (start after NCAAT final). So last week of April until last week of June

-NHL playoffs June and July

-MLB playoffs August (maybe start last week of July), basically game 7 of the World Series would be the week before opening week of college football

Everything else can stay that same. Would be perfect for me because there would literally be a sport I am interested in watching for all 12 months. 

Just now, thedude15 said:

My personal preference 

-College football last week of August until 1st week of January (stay the same as it is now)

-College basketball. Push back a month. So December through end of April 

-NBA playoffs pushed back a couple of weeks  (start after NCAAT final). So last week of April until last week of June

-NHL playoffs June and July

-MLB playoffs August (maybe start last week of July), basically game 7 of the World Series would be the week before opening week of college football

Everything else can stay that same. Would be perfect for me because there would literally be a sport I am interested in watching for all 12 months. 

same except cancel MLB amirite @NVGiant

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

13 minutes ago, SleepingGiantFan said:

Spring football is a dumb idea. Hopefully now that something like four such pro leagues have unsuccessfully tried it, people have finally learned that.

I gave the XFL one season, but they were cut down half way through. I think they'll be other ventures into spring football in the years ahead, some guy$ just never learn. 

13 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

I'll cancel yer mom.

she's way less problematic than MLB 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

Yeah, I think the league was in decent shape, and unlike the AAF he had funding to weather the start.  This was an unforeseen circumstance.  Plus, Vinnie Mac's WWE stock has taken a big ole dump so that money he set aside for the XFL might be going to toward propping up his primary business.  The XFL - both versions - were a vanity project for him.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

13 minutes ago, ridgeview2 said:

Why doesn't the NFL buy the XFL and use it as a minor league like baseball or hockey to develop players? 

Because college does that for free right now.  They kinda don't want to mess that up.  Really college football has big money, elite facilities, good coaching, training tables, etc.   A minor league can't do that.  Plus, football isn't like other sports where most people have a 10 year career.  You only have a few years in your prime and it's going to be when you're younger.  Someone like Kurt Warner is the exception.

With McMahon out, and hopefully a decent ownership group, it could work.  It was fun to watch and with some tweaks showed a lot of promise.