Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

toonkee

Trump's Fault

Guest #1Stunner
33 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

While I pretty much agree with what you're saying, don't discount the fact that the US FDA is notorious for red tape and being overly conservative with new treatments.  Regardless of the party in power.  For example, we could have had antibody testing weeks ago if not for that roadblock.  That puts us about 30 million or so people behind the curve.  Not for a vaccine or treatment, just a test.

I agree with you.  But then, even if they have the test, how long will it take to manufacture and process not just hundreds of thousands of antibodies tests, but millions?

3 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

I agree with you.  But then, even if they have the test, how long will it take to manufacture and process not just hundreds of thousands of antibodies tests, but millions?

The number I read was 10 million tests per week, as far as manufacturing.  That's about 4 months to do an initial survey of the entire US population (best case scenario of course).  I'm not saying that it would be overnight, but I'm disappointed that it's being delayed.  Germany already did this while we're fiddle-farting around.

8 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

One guy could have prevented the WORLD economic / business shutdown?

One guy could have prevented the WORLD virus from spreading?

Who is that guy?  Maybe, James Bond?   I think the mission impossible guy maybe could too.

Xi Jinping.  The Chinese lied to the WHO for weeks regarding the ability of the virus to transmit from human to human after they knew better.  The WHO relayed to the rest of the world that the virus could only be gotten from animals.   The spread could've been contained.  I've seen estimates (who knows how reliable they are) that 95% of worldwide cases could have been prevented.  This could have been handled so much better with honest information.

1 hour ago, Headbutt said:

While I pretty much agree with what you're saying, don't discount the fact that the US FDA is notorious for red tape and being overly conservative with new treatments.  Regardless of the party in power.  For example, we could have had antibody testing weeks ago if not for that roadblock.  That puts us about 30 million or so people behind the curve.  Not for a vaccine or treatment, just a test.

What are you talking about with red tape? If there are any delays, it’s not red tape. If you have a president and his advisers micromanaging the shit out of this thing all day long every day, if someone in the FDA is dicking around, it won’t last even half a day because they’ll either get with the program or get replaced. There’s a whole bunch of bullshit narratives out there that are and will be made up and pimped by the left and media because they think the only way to beat Trump is if he fvcks this thing up. You can’t even trust the media anymore on anything political. 

kat.jpg

1 hour ago, Headbutt said:

Xi Jinping.  The Chinese lied to the WHO for weeks regarding the ability of the virus to transmit from human to human after they knew better.  The WHO relayed to the rest of the world that the virus could only be gotten from animals.   The spread could've been contained.  I've seen estimates (who knows how reliable they are) that 95% of worldwide cases could have been prevented.  This could have been handled so much better with honest information.

Right, if the Chinese hadn’t said it was an inefficient animal to human transmission and that instead it was extremely efficient human to human, and then let us know this 3-4 weeks earlier, it supposedly would have prevented 95% of cases. 

kat.jpg

Just now, Nevada Convert said:

What are you talking about with red tape? If there are any delays, it’s not red tape. If you have a president and his advisers micromanaging the shit out of this thing all day long every day, if someone in the FDA is dicking around, it won’t last even half a day because they’ll either get with the program or get replaced. There’s a whole bunch of bullshit narratives out there that are and will be made up and pimped by the left and media because they think the only way to beat Trump is if he fvcks this thing up. You can’t even trust the media anymore on anything political. 

OK.  I'll take your word for it.  Two days ago I listened to the CEO of a company trying to bring the antibody test that was used in Germany into distribution in the US.  "FDA red tape" were his words.  According to him there a a number of tests that are being reviewed.  All are held up by "red tape" at this point.  According to him of course, I don't have any contacts in the FDA.  Maybe you should call Donald and get this thing moving.

1 minute ago, Headbutt said:

OK.  I'll take your word for it.  Two days ago I listened to the CEO of a company trying to bring the antibody test that was used in Germany into distribution in the US.  "FDA red tape" were his words.  According to him there a a number of tests that are being reviewed.  All are held up by "red tape" at this point.  According to him of course, I don't have any contacts in the FDA.  Maybe you should call Donald and get this thing moving.

There can certainly be legit reasons why someone is held up that has nothing to do with red tape, and that means quick solutions need to be found. Some people just assume any delay is from red tape. I’ve been watching the pressers every day, and if he thought anyone was being slow, he would be on it like an immigrant on a border wall. 

kat.jpg

6 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

There can certainly be legit reasons why someone is held up that has nothing to do with red tape, and that means quick solutions need to be found. Some people just assume any delay is from red tape. I’ve been watching the pressers every day, and if he thought anyone was being slow, he would be on it like an immigrant on a border wall. 

I've watched them as well and he's been great about pushing the issue.  He can make the FDA put something at the top of the stack but he can't (and shouldn't) make them approve something without their processes.  I just hope they're accelerating the processes as much as possible.  A vaccine is one thing, there are a lot of dangers inherent with moving too fast.  A test is different.  Just confirm that it won't give false positives or negatives above a certain threshold and then roll with the thing.  Hopefully we're looking at a matter of days now.

16 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

I wasn't commenting on the piece (authored by Hillary Clinton supporter, David Frum). 

I was commenting on your post, and also on the Democratic Party Member narrative that Donald Trump is bungling the world pandemic.  That's a very shallow, partisan take...

Posts like yours are all too predictable...folks that have had a Donald Trump boner for 4 years already, are doing the same thing now...

It's intellectually dishonest to pretend that Donald Trump, or any other world leader, could have prevented any pain from this World Virus.  A Democratic President would be the exact same result.

David Frum worked for W. He's a conservative.

Again, nobody said nothing about Democrats versus Republicans but you.

Trump is not America and he's not all Republicans.

You're putting forth the idea that doing nothing was as good as doing all you could do. That having a narcissist know it all moron engaged in a campaign to actually reduce readiness was the same as a serious person taking it seriously and doing whatever was possible to get systems in place and prepare. That's intellectually dishonest.

11 hours ago, Headbutt said:

According to a PBS news article the FDA has waived initial reviews for blood tests, hoping to get these antibody tests on the market as soon as possible. Interestingly, this raises another concern. Are these tests effective? Relying on faulty data could be just as problematic as a delayed rollout of these tests.

Guest #1Stunner
1 hour ago, toonkee said:

David Frum worked for W. He's a conservative.

Again, nobody said nothing about Democrats versus Republicans but you.

Trump is not America and he's not all Republicans.

You're putting forth the idea that doing nothing was as good as doing all you could do. That having a narcissist know it all moron engaged in a campaign to actually reduce readiness was the same as a serious person taking it seriously and doing whatever was possible to get systems in place and prepare. That's intellectually dishonest.

David Frum is a Hillary Clinton supporter.  

You are being intellectually dishonest by pretending that Donald Trump is to blame for a World Pandemic.  The whole world is in the same boat as the US right now.  NYC is hard hit...of course, understandable why, given its size.  You think it's Trump's fault?

Trump is simply working with Democrat and Republican Governors on the response.   You think a President and the Governors can snap their fingers and instantly have a vaccine, and millions of ventilators overnight?  Most of our medical equipment is made in China.   A Republican can't do that, and neither can a Democrat.

It's dishonest for you to pretend that we'd have no death and no economic shutdown from a virus that appeared in the US in late February, if a Democrat had won the election 4 years ago.  Through what means???...Magic?

And...When was a Pandemic and preparation for a Pandemic ever mentioned in a single Presidential debate in 2016??  It wasn't on the radar.

I guess it's not unpredictable that the same people who posted constantly about impeachment, now are pretending that Trump is to blame for the World Coronavirus...

I've never even voted for Trump or a Republican for President.  But even I can see it....

Guest #1Stunner
12 hours ago, Headbutt said:

Good point.  If anyone is to blame, it's China's President / Government, who tried to hide information on the seriousness of the Virus.  They went so far as to arrest doctors who tried to warn the world, and lied about it being contagious.