Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

toonkee

Trump's Fault

On 4/9/2020 at 10:22 PM, pokerider said:

Most of the lying I've seen on TV has been by CNN and the usual Trump conspiracy crowd. 

One thing is for certain, the threat of Corona Virus seems to increase the level of TDS as well.  

you probably think Obama was born in Africa also

The one thing you can predict about Trump is that he is probably the most "political" president we have ever seen.  He has his finger in the air constantly to see what his "base" wants him to do.  So...pretty much every action he takes is just what his base wants him to do.  He has literally zero political "courage" to do what is right at the expense of what is politically expedient at the moment.  

EVERYTHING he does is based off of a nakedly political calculation.  Re-opening the economy, etc., will be based off of politics and not based on science, etc.  He will never tell his base the truth but only what they want to hear.

Posted Image

Guest #1Stunner
8 minutes ago, Akkula said:

The one thing you can predict about Trump is that he is probably the most "political" president we have ever seen.  He has his finger in the air constantly to see what his "base" wants him to do.  So...pretty much every action he takes is just what his base wants him to do.  He has literally zero political "courage" to do what is right at the expense of what is politically expedient at the moment.  

EVERYTHING he does is based off of a nakedly political calculation.  Re-opening the economy, etc., will be based off of politics and not based on science, etc.  He will never tell his base the truth but only what they want to hear.

On 4/10/2020 at 12:48 AM, soupslam1 said:

This thread is going nowhere.  Good night all 

You take a dump without flushing,  you lose the ability to bitch about the smell

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

2 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

Problem with your take is just about every Country in the world is, or will, be dealing with this terrible virus.  NYC is one of the biggest, most diverse cities in the world... No surprise it's been hit harder than some places.

I don't think a Democrat would have been any more prepared than a Republican.  Seems intellectually dishonest to be arguing otherwise.

Problem with your take is you didn't read the piece and I did not not, nor did the piece, say this was a Republican problem.

Guest #1Stunner
3 hours ago, toonkee said:

Problem with your take is you didn't read the piece and I did not not, nor did the piece, say this was a Republican problem.

I wasn't commenting on the piece (authored by Hillary Clinton supporter, David Frum). 

I was commenting on your post, and also on the Democratic Party Member narrative that Donald Trump is bungling the world pandemic.  That's a very shallow, partisan take...

Posts like yours are all too predictable...folks that have had a Donald Trump boner for 4 years already, are doing the same thing now...

It's intellectually dishonest to pretend that Donald Trump, or any other world leader, could have prevented any pain from this World Virus.  A Democratic President would be the exact same result.

3 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

I wasn't commenting on the piece (authored by Hillary Clinton supporter, David Frum). 

I was commenting on your post, and also on the Democratic Party Member narrative that Donald Trump is bungling the world pandemic.  That's a very shallow, partisan take...

Posts like yours are all too predictable...folks that have had a Donald Trump boner for 4 years already, are doing the same thing now...

It's intellectually dishonest to pretend that Donald Trump, or any other world leader, could have prevented any pain from this World Virus.  A Democratic President would be the exact same result.

Are you honestly arguing that no response is any different from any other?

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

Guest #1Stunner
24 minutes ago, happycamper said:

Are you honestly arguing that no response is any different from any other?

I am stating (not arguing), that this virus is spreading across the ENTIRE world, and it is a pandemic, causing some death and a lot of economic shutdown everywhere.  It is not a Trump manufactured problem. 

With respect to the deaths, it is no big surprise that places like New York City are getting hit first, and the hardest.  It is one of the biggest, most international cities on earth.  It's the most likely place for a contagious virus to spread.

And no, I don't think a Democrat would be much different than Trump in responding to or preparing for this.  There was no discussion by either side about preparing for a once in 500 year pandemic during the last Presidential election that I can recall.  It wasn't on the radar. (The entire World is not very well prepared).

Trump is working with the State governors on a response.  Same thing would be happening with a Democrat in office.

26 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

I am stating (not arguing), that this virus is spreading across the ENTIRE world, and it is a pandemic, causing some death and a lot of economic shutdown everywhere.  It is not a Trump manufactured problem. 

With respect to the deaths, it is no big surprise that places like New York City are getting hit first, and the hardest.  It is one of the biggest, most international cities on earth.  It's the most likely place for a contagious virus to spread.

And no, I don't think a Democrat would be much different than Trump in responding to or preparing for this.  There was no discussion by either side about preparing for a once in 500 year pandemic during the last Presidential election that I can recall.  It wasn't on the radar. (The entire World is not very well prepared).

Trump is working with the State governors on a response.  Same thing would be happening with a Democrat in office.

So you think that there is no preparation for pandemic or that we haven't seen the like of... covid.... in 500 years?

Guest #1Stunner
1 hour ago, happycamper said:

So you think that there is no preparation for pandemic or that we haven't seen the like of... covid.... in 500 years?

I don't think any country is as prepared for this virus situation as they would ideally like to be, no.

It's why there is a worldwide shortage on healthcare equipment and supplies.

1 hour ago, #1Stunner said:

I don't think any country is as prepared for this virus situation as they would ideally like to be, no.

It's why there is a worldwide shortage on healthcare equipment and supplies.

not what you were saying at all

4 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

Well, it's beginning to look like one guy could've made a difference if he had been, you know, honest.

As for the article, yes I forced my way through it.  It was an opinion piece, not an impartial analysis.

10 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

Problem with your take is just about every Country in the world is, or will, be dealing with this terrible virus.  NYC is one of the biggest, most diverse cities in the world... No surprise it's been hit harder than some places.

I don't think a Democrat would have been any more prepared than a Republican.  Seems intellectually dishonest to be arguing otherwise.

Absolutely. The Dems have been politicizing this whole thing to death because they fear he’ll be re-elected if he does a decent job. The left and the US media’s hardcore political campaign against HydroxyCL has killed hundreds if not 1,000’s of American’s. The new results of a study: the world has been using it 76% of the time with great success, while our media has US docs only using it 23% of the time. It’s no exaggeration at all that their lies and political BS have killed a lot of people. 

kat.jpg

3 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

Absolutely. The Dems have been politicizing this whole thing to death because they fear he’ll be re-elected if he does a decent job. Their hardcore political campaign against HydroxyCL has killed hundreds if not 1,000’s. The results t of the world has been using it 76% of the time with great success, while our media has US docs only using it 23% of the time. It’s no exaggeration at all that their lies and political BS have killed a lot of people. 

While I pretty much agree with what you're saying, don't discount the fact that the US FDA is notorious for red tape and being overly conservative with new treatments.  Regardless of the party in power.  For example, we could have had antibody testing weeks ago if not for that roadblock.  That puts us about 30 million or so people behind the curve.  Not for a vaccine or treatment, just a test.

Guest #1Stunner
1 hour ago, Headbutt said:

Well, it's beginning to look like one guy could've made a difference if he had been, you know, honest.

As for the article, yes I forced my way through it.  It was an opinion piece, not an impartial analysis.

One guy could have prevented the WORLD economic / business shutdown?

One guy could have prevented the WORLD virus from spreading?

Who is that guy?  Maybe, James Bond?   I think the mission impossible guy maybe could too.