Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BSUTOP25

POLL: What do you personally feel is the greater threat to your household

What is the greater threat?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. COVID-19 or Authoritarian Rule

• COVID-19
    • AUTHORITARIAN RULE - indefinite mandatory monitoring/surveillance, shuttering of businesses, suspension of due process (even if temporary), clampdown on mobility and public gatherings, etc.

Time to get it out there in the open. If only provided these two options, what do you feel is the greater threat to you and your household. Yes, I realize the POLL is “if/only” but it’s qualified with the “greater” threat. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

One of these can straight up kill me. The other is a sensationalized knee-jerk reaction from a frightened idiot who thinks they know better. If you think these descriptions could apply to either option, you're an idiot.

5809184128_5cf90ed7dc_b.jpg

1 minute ago, WYO1016 said:

One of these can straight up kill me. The other is a sensationalized knee-jerk reaction from a frightened idiot who thinks they know better. If you think these descriptions could apply to either option, you're an idiot.

So COVID-19 then. Appreciate your well thought out and eloquently articulated input. 

24 minutes ago, WYO1016 said:

Authoritarian rule killed a hundred million plus in the 20th century. Jes' sayin'...

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

I have asthma. A 2% chance of death is a much greater threat than a less comfortable future.

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

Just now, Wyovanian said:

Authoritarian rule killed a hundred million plus in the 20th century. Jes' sayin'...

And pandemics killed probably a billion in the 20th century. 

Read

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

26 minutes ago, happycamper said:

I have asthma. A 2% chance of death is a much greater threat than a less comfortable future.

Understood and I empathize with your reasoning.

4 minutes ago, RogueStout said:

Stupid poll. No option for bears. 

Chicago hasn’t done shit since 85.

Neither is a serious threat to me and mine...  but I’d have to go with Covid for now.  You just don’t know who’s going to be one of those extreme cases that can be life endangering.  My children have asthma.  I personally know of 2 cases right now of fit, strong, healthy people my age fighting for their lives amidst organ failure, pneumonia, etc.  I can weather any financial shock. I don’t want to deal with major health issues.

v0icAvfW.jpg

Guest #1Stunner

Definitely COVID.   This virus is terrible.  Plus, look at the economic damage related to responding to this stupid virus.

Grateful to live in the USA.  Wish everyone enjoyed our freedoms.

3 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Definitely COVID.   This virus is terrible.  Plus, look at the economic damage related to responding to this stupid virus.

This is kind of saying both options above. 

7 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Chicago hasn’t done shit since 85.

breakin 8 million hearts every year

32 minutes ago, Maynard Delecto said:

Complaining and slacktivism don't do any good.

If you're afraid of something or someone, you have to turn the tables and make them afraid of you. It's really that simple. 

Okay, let me try....

HEY! +++++ YOU COVID! I WILL BEAT YOUR ASS!!!

nope, didn't work. 

Guest #1Stunner
6 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

This is kind of saying both options above. 

Only impingement I've felt with regard to my freedom has been because of the virus, in response to a pandemic.  It's not the norm, and is akin to an emergency.    I don't expect it to be permanent, nor do I think it's because anyone is trying to be a dictator.  (Have family that was imprisoned by Nazis, so I understand what real dictatorship is).

Compare that to China, or someplace, where you don't enjoy freedom of religion, freedom of speech, freedom to be LGBT, etc.  We are blessed to live in the United States.  Other western democracies also blessed.  

Just now, Fort Fun said:

Okay, let me try....

HEY! +++++ YOU COVID! I WILL BEAT YOUR ASS!!!

nope, didn't work. 

try avoiding any contact with other possible hosts for twice the length of the virus' incubation period so it is totally starved of a safe place to live and reproduce