Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bsu_alum9

Boise State 2021 Recruiting

54 minutes ago, Fowl said:

Maybe you guys backed off?  I know under Rocky we would never offer a committed recruit unless the recruit reached out to us.  Don't know if that is the same under Hoke.

Committed in July and thought solid. A couple weeks ago retweeted that he was receiving interest from Cal and Iowa and ISU. So that may have led to coaches backing off. Seems like he's shopping for P5.

31 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Well, there goes Ore. Not that losing any is good, but that one doesn't sting too bad. He was one of the lower rated recruits in this class. Their average per recruit actually went up with his decommitment 

Looks like he's getting SEC interest and an offer from Northwestern.

On 11/18/2020 at 12:45 PM, bsu_alum9 said:

Throwing mechanics look a little wonky, but athleticism and potential through the roof.

edit. Hey @halfmanhalfbronco, did you catch his major? He is planning to study computer engineering. Ivy’s musta been sleeping on him.

Mechanics can be fixed. He's wearing #17 - we had good luck with that number in the past with Bart. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

My first reaction was, ‘what’s football?’ I really had no background playing it but I decided to give it a shot and fell in love with it.”

“Early on, I really didn’t know a lot of the rules and was too aggressive,” Hassanein said. “I would grab people by their face masks and throw them to the ground. Then I figured it out and my sophomore year, I was all-league and all-CIF and my junior year, I was all-CIF and my league lineman of the year.”

This DL who's brother played with Danielson at APU just picked up an offer.

https://247sports.com/Player/Ahmed-Hassanein-46103263/

https://247sports.com/Article/Ahmed-Hassanein-Boise-State-Broncos-football-recruiting--155886519/

No clue, my guess would be Ahmed.  Recruiting talk has really slowed up.  They must be pretty close to dialed in on the class they want to sign next Wednesday (Dec. 16th). Fifteen are official - hopefully we land all of those, the fact that Eli Saunders hasn't decommitted yet maybe is a good sign?

Seems like coaches are talking to a lot of JUCO guys judging by twitter follows. Wouldn't be surprised if we land a few of those in key positions where depth is pretty thin (Safety/DL)

How many silent commits are there now? 

1 hour ago, bsu_alum9 said:

No clue, my guess would be Ahmed.  Recruiting talk has really slowed up.  They must be pretty close to dialed in on the class they want to sign next Wednesday (Dec. 16th). Fifteen are official - hopefully we land all of those, the fact that Eli Saunders hasn't decommitted yet maybe is a good sign?

Seems like coaches are talking to a lot of JUCO guys judging by twitter follows. Wouldn't be surprised if we land a few of those in key positions where depth is pretty thin (Safety/DL)

How many silent commits are there now? 

Just this one silent commit.  

21 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Just this one silent commit.  

ChaseGlorfield on BC thinks Zion Washington (6'-2" 200 OLB with offers from Georgia Tech, Army, AFA) could be the guy.  He seems to be close with the QB commit Taylen Green (they are in the same North-Dallas area but different HS) but I'm not sure.

9805300.jpg