Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bsu_alum9

Boise State 2021 Recruiting

We still have a FB program, right?

Forgive my ignorance, but has our recruiting suffered??

Put another way, how badly is not playing FB hurting recruiting on a scale from 1 to 10 - with 10 being we're utterly screwed and 1 means we've experienced no negative repercussions??

@bsu_alum9, what say you?

New-Signature.jpg

6 hours ago, Jeffkills said:

We still have a FB program, right?

Forgive my ignorance, but has our recruiting suffered??

Put another way, how badly is not playing FB hurting recruiting on a scale from 1 to 10 - with 10 being we're utterly screwed and 1 means we've experienced no negative repercussions??

@bsu_alum9, what say you?

I don't think recruiting has really suffered at all due to not playing (2.5 out of 10).  Boise always (under Harsin) is pretty slow at filling out a class, and with only 12 commits so far, we are 5th in the MWC in recruiting points.  However, 10 of those 12 are in the top 50 rated players in the conference, and our average rating is quite a bit higher than the rest of the MW teams. 

In general though - it does seem like the MW and PAC are falling relative to their counterparts in the AAC and SEC/ACC.  More western players are moving further east to play rather than staying close to home.  Boise is still doing well in CA and TX, but just seems like football is becoming less and less popular in our region.

5 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

I don't think recruiting has really suffered at all due to not playing (2.5 out of 10).  Boise always (under Harsin) is pretty slow at filling out a class, and with only 12 commits so far, we are 5th in the MWC in recruiting points.  However, 10 of those 12 are in the top 50 rated players in the conference, and our average rating is quite a bit higher than the rest of the MW teams. 

In general though - it does seem like the MW and PAC are falling relative to their counterparts in the AAC and SEC/ACC.  More western players are moving further east to play rather than staying close to home.  Boise is still doing well in CA and TX, but just seems like football is becoming less and less popular in our region.

Thanks for your response...

Ironic how CA seems to be both the giver and destroyer of our FB program....

New-Signature.jpg

37 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

James Wilborn Jr was just CB'ed to Boise.  Would be a great addition.  Michigan was in his final.  Crazy.

That would give Boise 5 out of the top 8 rated players in the MW (and 10 in top 50) in Mad Macguiver's top 50 spreadsheet.

1 minute ago, bsu_alum9 said:

That would give Boise 5 out of the top 8 rated players in the MW (and 10 in top 50) in Mad Macguiver's top 50 spreadsheet.

It appears he has not given his verbal yet, meaning he is not one of the two silent commits.  His commit will push us above Fresno and CSU.  The two silent commits will push us above SDSU, even if both are unranked.  Depending on their ranking we may pass UNLV.

6 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

It appears he has not given his verbal yet, meaning he is not one of the two silent commits.  His commit will push us above Fresno and CSU.  The two silent commits will push us above SDSU, even if both are unranked.  Depending on their ranking we may pass UNLV.

Harsin's classes always seem to come together late. Much different than Pete's strategy of locking them up early and holding on for dear life to keep them

19 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Agreed. Two really solid ones so far. One more would make that a lock

If it is White, I think we can safely say this is our best OL class ever.  White has the exact build of one Charles Leno JR.  Same height (White is an inch taller) same wing span, same strengths coming out of college.  Overly athletic, lacking in strength and technique.  Which will be built.

35 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

If it is White, I think we can safely say this is our best OL class ever.  White has the exact build of one Charles Leno JR.  Same height (White is an inch taller) same wing span, same strengths coming out of college.  Overly athletic, lacking in strength and technique.  Which will be built.

That would be a monster get