Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bsu_alum9

Boise State 2021 Recruiting

12 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Monster get. Crystal Ball has him going to Arkansas, but they haven't offered. I wonder if that would change if they did. 

Weird that they wouldn't offer.  His father JJ Jones played at Arkansas (and a year with New Orleans Saints).

This article says they did offer both Jai and his twin brother Jalen.

https://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2018/jun/12/ua-gives-offers-to-keep-up-with-joneses/

Both parents are Razorback alums and big fans of the program apparently, but there was a coaching change this winter when Arkansas hired Georgia's OL coach to take over the program. 

Really liking Zac Alley - he's bringing in some big time linebackers (at least on paper). 

1 hour ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Weird that they wouldn't offer.  His father JJ Jones played at Arkansas (and a year with New Orleans Saints).

This article says they did offer both Jai and his twin brother Jalen.

https://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2018/jun/12/ua-gives-offers-to-keep-up-with-joneses/

Both parents are Razorback alums and big fans of the program apparently, but there was a coaching change this winter when Arkansas hired Georgia's OL coach to take over the program. 

Really liking Zac Alley - he's bringing in some big time linebackers (at least on paper). 

Huh, I was just going off of 247

1 hour ago, kingpotato said:

I can't imagine that they wouldn't offer both. He is a bit small for a LB, but he is a NB size.

Maybe offer the whole defense. 

CB Wyrick is a high 3* with offers from a lot of P5s.

OLB  Williams is a 3* with offers from a ton of P5s.

They also have a RB at South Oak Cliff that is committed to SDSU.

2 hours ago, KingBronco said:

Dang, this is an awfully impressive first commitment. This kid's offer list is one of the most impressive we've gotten a commitment from...ever. Hope he sticks.

Not ever, but not far off from ever

13 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Not often we beat out the reigning national champ for a recruit.

He is a phenomenally huge get, for sure. But this list of schools is hard to beat: https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Dylan-Sumner-Gardner-20461/RecruitInterests/

But I will say that had everything to do with hiring the coach that recruited him at aTm. I'm certain they would not have had a shot at him otherwise. 

In this 4*’s top 6. Looking at the volume and quality of offers in this year’s class, think they could compete with the ‘best-ever-G5-2019-class’ if they can land a few of these dudes. I really think the PAC-12 sucksess is helping get some of these west coast recruits who perceive Boise as being as-good-as and more stable “coaching and win-wise” as any team in the west. 

18 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

In this 4*’s top 6. Looking at the volume and quality of offers in this year’s class, think they could compete with the ‘best-ever-G5-2019-class’ if they can land a few of these dudes. I really think the PAC-12 sucksess is helping get some of these west coast recruits who perceive Boise as being as-good-as and more stable “coaching and win-wise” as any team in the west. 

He would be fantastic.  Without giving away the paid article details, he mentioned us first which is usually a positive sign.

On 4/23/2020 at 4:39 PM, kingpotato said:

This guy just posted this. I didn't see a "Go Broncos" so I don't think he's a commit, but hopefully soon. He'd be a good pick up. 

https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Rejhan-Tatum-130430/RecruitInterests/

With this guy, Jai Jones, and Langi coming back they'd be STACKED at LB for years

Love the emphasis we are putting speed and lateral quickness at the LB position.  Only real Achilles heel of the defense has been lack of speed at LB and safety.  

3 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Big 3* defensive back out of Tacoma. Offers from Colorado and Arizona.

So apparently I got confused by the timing. He’s a 2020 grad who's offers must have fallen through. Pretty good player to be available this late...should help with the loss of Pierce.