Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Kushner wants authoritarian surveillance program for Covid-19

2 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Why?  No offense, but you and others were howling we should have done this long ago.  This is the "test and trace" South Korea shit you want Trump hanged for not doing.

So long as they are tracking ONLY COVID-19, fine.

The part that says where and what they are being treated for is too broad.

One of the Final Five..........

2 minutes ago, mysfit said:

How so?  It is what your heroes in SK did.  Look it up.  You so much as sniffed and you and your entire family were traced.  

Well since I have been called out by @halfmanhalfbronco and others here let me make a couple observations:

First I don't have enough data to know anything for sure but from reading the article I have some questions:

The system would allow the federal government to monitor where and for what patients are seeking treatment. Ideally, this would provide government officials with the data needed to determine which areas of the country should implement coronavirus mitigation measures and which can safely lift those measures to open up businesses.

I do not see what this accomplishes.  It is not the countries business how often @Joe from WY is seeking treatment for the clap.   It would seem you are tracking lots of irrelevant data that might help businesses but would do minimal help to stem the flow of Corona Virus.  Certainly not enough to justify the privacy issues as I understand it.

We do need more testing.  But the use of data and privacy concerns are around the tracing aspect and using phone records and credit card data to accurately map your previous whereabouts and trace potential exposures to the virus.  I think these tracing privacy issues are what the @TheSanDiegan and I were expecting.  Even in this case, I have proposed the tracing requires consent.  If consent isn't given then the government should have he right to publicize your name as a health threat.  

55 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Why does it make it aweful?  You and your people screamed for this.  This is EXACTLY what you all wanted when you blamed trump for not acting like South Korea.  

mad people GIF

5 minutes ago, toonkee said:

mad people GIF

I read your posts.  The entire population of this boards left leaning posters autistically screeched that Trump should not be forgiven, ever, for not having a SK like response.  Now he wants to ramp one just like it up for the inevitable second wave and "you all" all have a problem with it.  The partisan clownery has never been more on display in board history.  Your indignation is a joke.

38 minutes ago, mysfit said:

I am not even sure you have to track they have Covid-19 more than the reporting we already have?   I guess I am missing the value of yet another Government Database.   They can already track your cell phone locations from the myriad of apps on your phone and other sources.  They can track your credit card purchases.   It feels like another example of Trump over reach but I don't want to be accused of hating it because Trump proposed it.  

I just honestly am not clear on the value.  Especially the value versus the overly broad definition.

1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I read your posts.  The entire population of this boards left leaning posters autistically screeched that Trump should not be forgiven, ever, for not having a SK like response.  Now he wants to ramp one just like it up for the inevitable second wave and "you all" all have a problem with it.  The partisan clownery has never been more on display in board history.  Your indignation is a joke.

Lulz. I already voted against you in the troll derby. 

I think a proposal of "to monitor where and for what patients are seeking treatment" is too much data collection if that wording is correct. No reason for the government to track every little doctor visit unless Kushner is also thinking to develop socialized medicine. :D

But the states already have large disease reporting requirements.

For example, this is Idaho's list of some 125 diseases that have to be reported to government after diagnosis anywhere from immediately to within 3 days of diagnosis.

https://healthandwelfare.idaho.gov/Portals/0/Health/Epi/IDAHO REPORTABLE DISEASE POSTERS_2018.pdf

State governments are already collecting large amounts of health data at that level.

1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I read your posts.  The entire population of this boards left leaninf posters autistically screeched that Trump should not be forgiven, ever, for not having a SK like response.  Now he wants to ramp one up for the inevitable second wave and "you all" all have a problem with.  The partisan clownery has never been more on display in board history.  Your indignation is a joke.

Except this isn't a SK like response as far as I can tell.  The privacy issues in SK are around the tracing not keeping a perpetual medical database of all diseases.  Just because you can't understand the distinction doesn't mean Trump has had a poor response.

1 minute ago, FresnoFacts said:

I think a proposal of "to monitor where and for what patients are seeking treatment" is too much data collection if that wording is correct. No reason for the government to track every little doctor visit unless Kushner is also thinking to develop socialized medicine. :D

But the states already have large disease reporting requirements.

For example, this is Idaho's list of some 125 diseases that have to be reported to government after diagnosis anywhere from immediately to within 3 days of diagnosis.

https://healthandwelfare.idaho.gov/Portals/0/Health/Epi/IDAHO REPORTABLE DISEASE POSTERS_2018.pdf

State governments are already collecting large amounts of health data at that level.

Exactly which is why this proposal makes limited sense.   

14 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

I do not see what this accomplishes.  It is not the countries business how often @Joe from WY is seeking treatment for the clap.   It would seem you are tracking lots of irrelevant data that might help businesses but would do minimal help to stem the flow of Corona Virus.  Certainly not enough to justify the privacy issues as I understand it.

States already require doctors to report a diagnosis of the clap.

43 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

How so?  It is what your heroes in SK did.  Look it up.  You so much as sniffed and you and your entire family were traced.  

Why do you have to make snide comments like that?

Tracing is specific to COVID-19 and related symptoms.

Not high blood pressure or liver disease or cancer. 

One of the Final Five..........

Just now, mysfit said:

Why do you have to make snide comments like that?

Tracing is specific to COVID-19 and related symptoms.

Not high blood pressure or liver disease or cancer. 

Not even snide.   Just ignorant and uninformed.   

4 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Exactly which is why this proposal makes limited sense.   

I agree. Instead give funding to the states to support and improve their current data collection. No need for this on a national level. The decision to quarantine or not is basically a state decision anyway.