Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fowl

SDSU Recruiting 2021

22 hours ago, badfish said:

JUCO all American RB, 4* QB, 4* WR. We can suddenly recruit transfers.

I suspect it has something to do with replacing a cynical head coach who was obviously getting bored with his job with one who exudes optimism and is hell bent on proving that his four poor seasons at Michigan were an aberration and replacing a boring ground and pound offense with one with the potential to be exciting, at least occasionally.

Rocky was loyal to his seniors and refused to bring in transfers to compete with them. We are too good if a destination for transfers to not pursue them.

Shavers played a lot on special teams at Bama he has a couple of laser timed sub 4.4 and he is tall very athletic. He will definitely help the team, that does not mean he will be a super star but you cannot ignore a guy like that defensively. Zach would had told us if he was not legit.

"Everything that does not destroy you makes you stronger except Aztec Football "

Freddy Nietzsche

P5 Offers:

Alabama

Arkansas

Ole Miss

Duke     3

USC    3

Iowa State

Arizona State  7

Boston College 2

Kansas    8

Oregon   4

Oregon St    4

Oklahoma St 2

Utah 2

Miami 3

Michigan 2

Nebraska   3

Colorado 2

Georgia 2

Arizona    5

Wazzu   5

Syracuse 2

Georgia Tech

Texas Tech

Virginia

Illinois

Kentucky

Michigan State

Oklahoma

UCLA 

Penn State

Washington

Maryland

West Virginia

G5 offer:

UNLV   9

USU   6

Boise     3

BYU 

Fresno State   7

Akron

CSU   3

Hawaii    7

Houston

North Texas   2

SMU 

Tulsa

Nevada   4

New Mexico    6

Coastal Carolina

FIU     2

SJSU   5

Tulane    3

Wyoming    3

Army    4

Air Force    3

Navy

Cincinatti 

FAU

Texas State

Ohio

24 class of 2021 signees 

33 P5 schools

75 P5 offers

26 G5 schools

79 G5 offers

154 total offers from 59 schools

6.42 offers per recruit

3.13 P5 offers per recruit

4 minutes ago, Fowl said:

Nice.  Only 4* recruit in the conference this year. 

Damn!  We were after him hard and when he didn't sign with you in December we thought we had a shot.  Then Alabama and Auburn came in late.  Great p/u!!!

"Everyone wants a hero...And Derek Carr, he's going to be a hero at times."

- Pat Hill

20 minutes ago, Fowl said:

Nice.  Only 4* recruit in the conference this year. 

If you count the 2 Miss St transfers, we are bringing in three 4*s in this class.

15 minutes ago, 1IvyDog said:

Damn!  We were after him hard and when he didn't sign with you in December we thought we had a shot.  Then Alabama and Auburn came in late.  Great p/u!!!

It’s pretty clear his primary motive is staying home for his mom, which is likely the reason he chose us. Sometimes you get lucky.

Now if we can just figure out that gosh darn forward pass that all the kids are talking about these days, we'll be a pretty good team.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

On 1/27/2021 at 7:21 PM, badfish said:

I mean, we got a 6’5” WR with SEC ability and a slew of good TEs. If we can’t get them the ball, then IDK.

My Kingdom for an Ernie Zampese type to suddenly appear and lead us to the promised land of a potent passing attack! 

12 hours ago, dshawfan said:

Wonder how this came to be?

Flips on last day of last signing period. Wonder if he was holding out for other offers or what. Haven’t had a chance to check his film out, but I think it’s interesting that we pursued a committed guy through signing day. Something Rocky probably wouldn’t have done. Hoke and Co.’s aggressive recruiting strategy is a breath of fresh air 

2 hours ago, badfish said:

Flips on last day of last signing period. Wonder if he was holding out for other offers or what. Haven’t had a chance to check his film out, but I think it’s interesting that we pursued a committed guy through signing day. Something Rocky probably wouldn’t have done. Hoke and Co.’s aggressive recruiting strategy is a breath of fresh air 

I'm a fan of both Rocky and Brady, but they definitely have their own styles. Should be interesting to see what Hoke can do with the Aztecs. My gut tells me his style will be more appealing to most recruits.