Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fowl

SDSU Recruiting 2021

3 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

What happened to this kid?  I remember being bummed he went to SDSU instead of Boise, but looks like he only got a couple carries and negative yards over the last 3 seasons.  Injuries or just didn't pan out?

Idk, never saw much of him. Too much talent ahead of him. Our TRFR RB got a couple carries this year, so I’m assuming he just got beat out.

Word is we’re in the market for a transfer WR and a 2021 DE to finish this class. I’m sure they’d take a guy like Josh Simmons if he wanted to come, but I don’t think it’s a priority.

3 hours ago, badfish said:

Word is we’re in the market for a transfer WR and a 2021 DE to finish this class. I’m sure they’d take a guy like Josh Simmons if he wanted to come, but I don’t think it’s a priority.

Wouldn’t surprise me if it’s Randall Grimes from UNLV. He was suspended for the season and recently put his name in the transfer portal. 

On 12/30/2020 at 5:36 PM, Gator 82 said:

Wouldn’t surprise me if it’s Randall Grimes from UNLV. He was suspended for the season and recently put his name in the transfer portal. 

I don't recall any kid transferring in conference in any sport.  Not sure if it's a rules thing or simply an agreement between schools not to poach.

Besides, SDSU doesn't recruit trouble.  There's no need for it.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

With possibly five starters leaving ,interesting to see what they will do with DB transfers.

"Everything that does not destroy you makes you stronger except Aztec Football "

Freddy Nietzsche

Another 5* long snapper committed.  Rated #3 in the country.  Was to play in the Under Armor All-America game before it got cancelled.  

Nevada you guys need to step it up.  SDSU has taken over as 5* long snapper U.

https://247sports.com/Article/Tyrell-Shavers-announces-transfer-San-Diego-State-Alabama-Mississippi-State-wide-receiver-portal-158803275/

This is more in the nature of fwiw. Over the years SDSU has had a number of such HS superstuds who transferred in from a big boy school and then were just "a guy." So I sure hope some of my peers are correct about how much he's going to help us but I'm agnostic about this news.

There's been lots of misses and some hits from transfers in the past.  The ones who hit usually had played in games for their former schools (Brice Butler, Christian Heyward, Max Smith, Ryan Katz, etc.)  The ones who didn't usually hadn't played at all at their former schools - I'll spare everyone the list of those.  

This kid has played before and performed OK.  He has shown that he can get separation against SEC DB's and catch the ball.  How many of our existing receivers can do that?

I don't think his addition makes us any worse on offense.