Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fowl

SDSU Recruiting 2021

Per the Zona paper, he wasn't offered by U of A. Regardless, he's no Christian Chapman. Not a listed 6-0 who probably wasn't that tall but a legit 6-4 and not a mediocre runner and athlete but a very good one. Not surprising there's very little mention of him on AztecMess because so many there think Jeff Hecklinski's a dud but IMO, he's a good get for us.

they are still looking at another transfer QB believe it or not.

"Everything that does not destroy you makes you stronger except Aztec Football "

Freddy Nietzsche

Let’s see if we can keep Haskell.  I’m thinking he blows up this fall and gets some offers from the top dogs. He supposedly has a good relationship with Hecklinski but who knows. 

On 5/22/2020 at 9:51 PM, Fowl said:

Let’s see if we can keep Haskell.  I’m thinking he blows up this fall and gets some offers from the top dogs. He supposedly has a good relationship with Hecklinski but who knows. 

You express a legitimate concern. However, during the week when he was a silent commit, Haskell said this:

“When I made my decision, I am sticking with my decision. My decision is the right one for me to further my academics and athletics. I am a man of my word. If I say I will do it, I will do it. If a coach gets fired, we’ll see, but the only visit I will take is to the school I committed to.”

Since then, his twitter has included comments and videos alluding to how SDSU's new offense is going to include plays which feature the QB, including RPOs which Jeff Horton basically ignored until last year and it's clear that unlike some competitors, Coach Heck never once spoke to Haskell about playing a position other than QB which is what the kid is determined to do. So although I'm sure some big boy programs will approach him, I'll be very surprised if he decommits.

51 minutes ago, 818SUDSFan said:

You express a legitimate concern. However, during the week when he was a silent commit, Haskell said this:

“When I made my decision, I am sticking with my decision. My decision is the right one for me to further my academics and athletics. I am a man of my word. If I say I will do it, I will do it. If a coach gets fired, we’ll see, but the only visit I will take is to the school I committed to.”

Since then, his twitter has included comments and videos alluding to how SDSU's new offense is going to include plays which feature the QB, including RPOs which Jeff Horton basically ignored until last year and it's clear that unlike some competitors, Coach Heck never once spoke to Haskell about playing a position other than QB which is what the kid is determined to do. So although I'm sure some big boy programs will approach him, I'll be very surprised if he decommits.

I hope so, but we've seen kids say things to that affect before and walk before signing day.