Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

What are you binging?

On 4/27/2020 at 3:17 PM, Stealthlobo said:

Watching Imagineering on Disney+. Really interesting documentary on Disneyland.  How it came about, what happens behind the scenes, etc.

Just finished the series! Really enjoyed it, being in my 30s I had a lot of nostalgia from those days in the 80s we would visit. It's very candid, showing the difference between Disney the animation/film company and Disney the engineering/technology ride and animatronic producer.

On 4/27/2020 at 3:28 PM, soupslam1 said:

For those that are interested in the conflict between the Palestinians, Hamas, and the Israelis, Fauda is a good series. Not sure how accurate, but damn the hate toward Israel and vice versa is insane. 

I liked Fauda, subtitles and all.  

Undercover Law is another good foreign series

14 minutes ago, son of a gun said:

Game of Thrones (obviously) and The Witcher (Netflix) comes to mind.

I was super impressed with the Witcher series. Loved the game (3rd one is only one I've played), and was cautious about the Netflix serix, but definitely enjoyed it.

21 hours ago, Stealthlobo said:

I was super impressed with the Witcher series. Loved the game (3rd one is only one I've played), and was cautious about the Netflix serix, but definitely enjoyed it.

It was good. Took me a little to realize that it was jumping back and forth in time, which can be confusing at times, but it was pretty good. Looking forward to season 2, whenever that will be.

On 4/27/2020 at 2:43 AM, son of a gun said:

Been binging Supernatural. In short, a pair of brothers go around stopping ghosts, zombies, demons, and other such creatures from making mince meat out of people. Television horror, but I've always enjoyed this sort of thing. Delving into the supernatural lore and what not. But, at 15 seasons, its not something you can binge in just one sitting (even with lockdown).

Oh man, that dude, Jared Padalecki... I made fun of him when he was Rory's first boyfriend in Gilmore Girls (which I was way too manly to watch, of course) because he only had two different facial expressions. Nowadays, whenever Supernatural happens to be on at the gym, he STILL only seems to have those two expressions! But whatever, 15 seasons - they must be doing something right. 

This weekend I started watching some 30 for 30 on ESPN+. I missed the O.J.: Made in America special when it first aired. 

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

On 5/1/2020 at 10:12 PM, I am Ram said:

Oh man, that dude, Jared Padalecki... I made fun of him when he was Rory's first boyfriend in Gilmore Girls (which I was way too manly to watch, of course) because he only had two different facial expressions. Nowadays, whenever Supernatural happens to be on at the gym, he STILL only seems to have those two expressions! But whatever, 15 seasons - they must be doing something right. 

Honestly got into it through Jensen Ackles, as he voiced Jason Todd in Batman: Under the Red Hood.

I binged the seventh and final season of Ray Donovan on Showtime. It's a great show, but this season only had 10 episodes while all the others had 12. I feel cheated. 

12 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I never knew you were such a fan of LSD.

I've only taken LSD a couple of times, however I do enjoy shrooms.

The last time I took LSD was in Sept 1985, best wedding I've ever been to!

On 4/29/2020 at 5:42 PM, Stealthlobo said:

I wish they didn't do the Dunkirk style with the storylines.

I just finished watching two seasons of a Canadian series called Intelligence on Netflix. It is about the Canadians trying to get into the espionage business like our CIA. Great acting all around, and Intensity throughout. It moves really fast from one plot to another. Great cloak and dagger stuff.  The lead actress is super ambitious trying to rise through the ranks and does an amazing acting job. 

One of the better Netflix series I’ve watched. I highly recommend it. Unfortunately the CBC is trying to submarine a third season, some say because the political content hits too close to home. For those that like beautiful actresses, this show is chock full of them. 

Just finished Waco on Netflix last night and holy shit. I’d heard it was good when it came out, and knew the story would have a bad ending, but that’s an understatement. It was GREAT and I’m beyond angry and depressed. 100% recommend if you want to weep and for the first time in you’re life start considering buying a personal armory. What a...there isn’t even words for it.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.