Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

What are you binging?

I try to watch one sporting event and now I'm getting these emails....

Anything worth binging (besides ice cream), @#1Stunner?

Feel-good shows that will help you feel better. BYUtv | BYUradio

NEED A PICK-ME-UP?
BYUtv and BYUradio are here to help! We’ve got fresh, original (and binge-worthy!) programming, all for free!
(See? We knew you’d feel better.)
great scripted entertainment
Hetty Feather
A GIRL ON A MISSION
The irresistible adventures of a headstrong orphan with a heart of gold.
WATCH 52 EPISODES OF HETTY FEATHER NOW.
comedy
Tricked
UNEXPECTED MAGIC
Magician Eric Leclerc’s a whiz with mind-bending pranks.
34 EPISODES OF TRICKED NOW AVAILABLE.
feel-good
Random Acts
MISCHIEF WITH MEANING
Heartwarming hijinks that make people’s dreams come true.
BINGE-WATCH 50 EPISODES OF RANDOM ACTS NOW.
family adventure
Relative Race
DRIVING FAMILIES TOGETHER
The race to discover these four teams’ roots is in their DNA.
50 EPISODES OF RELATIVE RACE AVAILABLE NOW.
family competition
Battle of the Ages
TWO FAMILIES. ONE WINNER.
Families flex their pop-culture knowledge in a head-to-head battle.
WATCH 24 EPISODES OF BATTLE OF THE AGES NOW.
BYUradio
The Lisa Show
ALWAYS ENTERTAINING
Lisa Valentine Clark is the best friend you didn’t know you needed.
LISTEN TO NEW EPISODES OF THE LISA SHOW EVERY WEEKDAY.

14 minutes ago, Bob said:

I see you're a fan of Alyssa Milano??? What's your take on her endorsing Biden and overlooking his sexual misconduct, but wanting to literally crucify and disembowel Kavanaugh?

Others should note that it was you who asked a political question on this non-political thread.

You mean Biden's ALLEGED sexual misconduct? And I hardly think Milano wanted to "literally disembowel" Kavanaugh.

Yesterday Ben Shapiro, who is usually a favorite of mine, went totally off on Milano for "suddenly discovering due process." I often disagree with Shapiro as is true of almost every pundit but rarely do I disagree with him as totally as I did about that. Milano never attempted to stifle the "process" Kavanaugh was allotted, she simply sat behind his accuser during the Senate hearing. And that was a process during which Kavanaugh was granted ample opportunity to refute the accusation against him. I admittedly haven't seen what Milano said but as I understand it, all Milano said is she won't condemn Biden until, like Kavanaugh, he has had an opportunity to defend himself in public against his accuser. If I've misunderstood what she said, feel free to let me know.

Boom goes the dynamite.

19 minutes ago, SleepingGiantFan said:

BoB is a terrific show. I'd watch it again too if it was streamed on NetFlix.

Instead, although I haven't been binging, I've begun watching The Walking Dead for the first time. I usually find ghoul-type stuff laughable but was told TWD wasn't idiotic like so many such shows and although I've watched just three episodes, to this point I'm very pleasantly surprised.

The Walking Dead is good up until season 6 then it goes right off a cliff. I used to be an avid Walking Dead fan, but I stopped watching at season 8. The first season is iconic and one of the best in television, too bad that the network chased off the original show runners after they couldn't agree on the direction of the story. Now it's rudderless sailing into oblivion.   

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

1 minute ago, ridgeview2 said:

The Walking Dead is good up until season 6 then it goes right off a cliff. I used to be an avid Walking Dead fan, but I stopped watching at season 8. The first season is iconic and one of the best in television, too bad that the network chased off the original show runners after they couldn't agree on the direction of the story. Now it's rudderless sailing into oblivion.   

Thanks for the info. What you say about it is exactly how I felt about Sons of Anarchy. They ruined a great show by keeping it on a couple seasons too long.

Boom goes the dynamite.

3 minutes ago, SleepingGiantFan said:

Thanks for the info. What you say about it is exactly how I felt about Sons of Anarchy. They ruined a great show by keeping it on a couple seasons too long.

The problem I have with Sons of Anarchy is that the stories never changed. Same shit different episodes. Gemma would do something stupid and say "we can't tell Jax!", Jax finds out and has to clean up the mess and tells Gemma not to do it again then she turns around and does it again. rinse and repeat. 

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

1 minute ago, ridgeview2 said:

The problem I have with Sons of Anarchy is that the stories never changed. Same shit different episodes. Gemma would do something stupid and say "we can't tell Jax!", Jax finds out and has to clean up the mess and tells Gemma not to do it again then she turns around and does it again. rinse and repeat. 

Jax: We gotta move this club away from running guns and all the violence.

Jax(30 minutes later): Murders an entire rival gang plus some cops and maybe a child that wanders in the way.

8 minutes ago, ridgeview2 said:

The initial premise of "Jack's son" wanting to turn the Sons back into the legit club his father envisioned while he pursued the hot doctor who had the educational opportunity he never had was good. And I've always thought Katey Sagal was sexy as hell. So I loved the first couple seasons and then generally enjoyed the next three but they went totally off the cliff after that. So much so that I can't recall any show I've watched that I enjoyed so much initially but grew to dislike so much. The writers and producers should be shot for having made us devotees watch the last couple seasons just they could make more money while they fed us dreck.

Boom goes the dynamite.

8 minutes ago, SleepingGiantFan said:

The initial premise of "Jack's son" wanting to turn the Sons back into the legit club his father envisioned while he pursued the hot doctor who had the educational opportunity he never had was good. And I've always thought Katey Sagal was sexy as hell. So I loved the first couple seasons and then generally enjoyed the next three but they went totally off the cliff after that. So much so that I can't recall any show I've watched that I enjoyed so much initially but grew to dislike so much. The writers and producers should be shot for having made us devotees watch the last couple seasons just they could make more money while they fed us dreck.

The Second season was almost a perfect season. I didn't hate the late seasons as much as you but it did go down in quality. 

56 minutes ago, tspoke said:

Get out now on TWD. I enjoyed a couple seasons. Then hate watched from that point on. I have this season on DVR waiting but don't have much desire to check it out.

I thought TWD was good for three or four seasons than it became repetitive and lost interest. The first 3-4 seasons were very good. 

I’ve been meaning to watch House of Cards, but I get such a negative vibe about politics on this board I’m reluctant to watch it.

7 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

I’ve been meaning to watch House of Cards, but I get such a negative vibe about politics on this board I’m reluctant to watch it.

My wife and I watched the first three seasons because friends up north just raved about the show. We never figured out why they did and that was before anybody yet knew that Kevin Spacey was a perv.

Boom goes the dynamite.

5 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

I thought TWD was good for three or four seasons than it became repetitive and lost interest. The first 3-4 seasons were very good. 

I'm not even sure I liked it for 3 or 4 seasons. I was sick of all the characters. Not sure what season it was but.....

Spoiler

during the prison/governor storyline. After the governor was defeated the first time. They had a episode following him and im coming together with another group who eventually destroy the prison . After that one episode I was cheering for him to kill the prison group so we could follow his new crew because he and them were more interesting. It had maybe a bit of an uptick after that again but then went back downhill.

1 hour ago, tspoke said:

I'm not even sure I liked it for 3 or 4 seasons. I was sick of all the characters. Not sure what season it was but.....

Reveal hidden contents

during the prison/governor storyline. After the governor was defeated the first time. They had a episode following him and im coming together with another group who eventually destroy the prison . After that one episode I was cheering for him to kill the prison group so we could follow his new crew because he and them were more interesting. It had maybe a bit of an uptick after that again but then went back downhill.

I think that was Season 5, and that's where I stopped watching. I was pretty sick of it after Season 4. I briefly came back for Season 6 I think, but gave up.

Unorthodox is a 4 episode mini series on Netflix about a Hasidic woman from NYC who flees her community and goes to Berlin where she discovers the outside world and culture.

Definitely interesting and worth watching.

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

Dirty Money

How to Fix a Drug Scandal

Both are on Netflix, and are excellent docuseries

5809184128_5cf90ed7dc_b.jpg

Guest #1Stunner
19 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

I try to watch one sporting event and now I'm getting these emails....

Anything worth binging (besides ice cream), @#1Stunner?

Feel-good shows that will help you feel better. BYUtv | BYUradio

NEED A PICK-ME-UP?
BYUtv and BYUradio are here to help! We’ve got fresh, original (and binge-worthy!) programming, all for free!
(See? We knew you’d feel better.)
great scripted entertainment
Hetty Feather
A GIRL ON A MISSION
The irresistible adventures of a headstrong orphan with a heart of gold.
WATCH 52 EPISODES OF HETTY FEATHER NOW.
comedy
Tricked
UNEXPECTED MAGIC
Magician Eric Leclerc’s a whiz with mind-bending pranks.
34 EPISODES OF TRICKED NOW AVAILABLE.
feel-good
Random Acts
MISCHIEF WITH MEANING
Heartwarming hijinks that make people’s dreams come true.
BINGE-WATCH 50 EPISODES OF RANDOM ACTS NOW.
family adventure
Relative Race
DRIVING FAMILIES TOGETHER
The race to discover these four teams’ roots is in their DNA.
50 EPISODES OF RELATIVE RACE AVAILABLE NOW.
family competition
Battle of the Ages
TWO FAMILIES. ONE WINNER.
Families flex their pop-culture knowledge in a head-to-head battle.
WATCH 24 EPISODES OF BATTLE OF THE AGES NOW.
BYUradio
The Lisa Show
ALWAYS ENTERTAINING
Lisa Valentine Clark is the best friend you didn’t know you needed.
LISTEN TO NEW EPISODES OF THE LISA SHOW EVERY WEEKDAY.

You must have your own BYUtv account.

On 4/8/2020 at 1:29 AM, soupslam1 said:

I just watched an excellent movie on Netflix called Molly’s Game. A true story about an ex Olympic woman skier that ran high stakes poker games for the rich and famous. Very entertaining, I highly recommend it. 

After watching a bunch of feel good Disney channel movies, convinced the gf to watch Molly's game tonight. We both loved it, great movie!