Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dshawfan

Aztecs add Xfer PG Terrell Gomez

Per UT, Terrell Gomez of CSUN has committed to the Aztecs. Eighth in D1 at 3 point accuracy at 44%, led the nation in FT accuracy at 94.8%, averaged 19.8 ppg last season. 

Right now, next season seems a long ways away. 

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Nice one.

Agree, looks like he brings some very impressive offensive tools to the table. At 5’8, I worry about him defensively, but I’m guessing his quickness makes him a nightmare to defend. 

Looks like a really good pickup. He went 2-13 from the 3 against Boise this year. Not sure if they did anything special against him or he just had an off night. I just remember Diane being an absolute athletic freak and a beast. 

Just now, kingpotato said:

Looks like a really good pickup. He went 2-13 from the 3 against Boise this year. Not sure if they did anything special against him or he just had an off night. I just remember Diane being an absolute athletic freak and a beast. 

Well assuming we play next year, don’t do it again! 😉

1 hour ago, dshawfan said:

Check who’s sitting at #3 😱

Check who's sitting at #16. :Clapping:

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

Kellan Lutz Fbifam GIF by CBS

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

2 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Speaking of Diane...

2 hours ago, ph90702 said:

Hard to see him being more than a spot up shooter at the MW level.

Why is that?  you watch a ton of BW Basketball do ya? Is the BW a 6' and under league? Do they have a shorter 3 point line? 9' rims?

Curious as to how you arrived at this conclusion.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

28 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

Why is that?  you watch a ton of BW Basketball do ya? Is the BW a 6' and under league? Do they have a shorter 3 point line? 9' rims?

Curious as to how you arrived at this conclusion.

The MWC has longer, quicker athletes.  I think that is what he is basing his opinion on.  I've watched him play and I think he can be more than a spot up shooter but he will not be averaging nearly 20 PPG.  Not that this is a great BB league, it is not and has not been even a good one for years but it is still big step up in competition.  

SDSU can pull these So Cal kids. The environment and atmosphere is superior to any destination in California for basketball.  We really don't recruit beyond our border except Vegas and Phoenix.  I  haven't seen him play, I don't think, but he sounds like he'll help  take the pressure off of the kids coming in..

Guards

Gomez - GT

Pulliam - SR

Flynn - SR but Gone

Seiko - RS Jr

Butler - FR

Dinwiddie - FR

Pulliam will need to step up and we'll need to get something from at least one of the freshmen.

I like Adam but his role is as a defensive option off the bench who can score enough that he has to be respected.

Not sure what to make of Pulliam. I tend to think he took a back seat to the other guys last season. I saw him in a few summer league games and his talent was apparent

Prediction : Next year's guard play will be a little frustrating to watch at times

-Richard Feynman

-P.J. O’Rourke

17 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

The MWC has longer, quicker athletes.  I think that is what he is basing his opinion on.  I've watched him play and I think he can be more than a spot up shooter but he will not be averaging nearly 20 PPG.  Not that this is a great BB league, it is not and has not been even a good one for years but it is still big step up in competition.  

The BW may be a lesser league but not by much.  He's played 3 seasons of D1 ball. There's plenty of film on him.  I'm going to go ahead and assume our coaches know what they're getting.

-Richard Feynman

-P.J. O’Rourke

1 minute ago, SDSUfan said:

The BW may be a lesser league but not by much.  He's played 3 seasons of D1 ball. There's plenty of film on him.  I'm going to go ahead and assume our coaches know what they're getting.

Did I suggest otherwise?  

1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Did I suggest otherwise?  

That was a comment on my ignorance, not yours.

-Richard Feynman

-P.J. O’Rourke

11 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Did I suggest otherwise?  

Wyoming and Air Force have new coaches. UNM and CSU are wild cards. SJSU is SJSU.  Fresno?  Gomez dropped 31 points on them.  He will be fine.  He should play important minutes for SDSU, even though his numbers drop (won't be needed to score as much).

And something about altitude