Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rebels18

URGENT HELP REQUIRED!

So my maids haven't been here in a few weeks because of corona, and I cleaned my stove top for the first time ever today and the igniters wont stop clicking and its been like 4 hours.

How do i make the clicking sound go away. Its driving me insane. also im pretty sure this is electrical hazard.

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

2 minutes ago, Rebels18 said:

So my maids haven't been here in a few weeks because of corona, and I cleaned my stove top for the first time ever today and the igniters wont stop clicking and its been like 4 hours.

How do i make the clicking sound go away. Its driving me insane. also im pretty sure this is electrical hazard.

The clicking is typically your starter.  Have you checked you have turned it off? 

4 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

The clicking is typically your starter.  Have you checked you have turned it off? 

yeah its definitely off. Couldn't get to the plug so I had to flip the breaker to get it to stop.

I would just keep the breaker off till tomorrow but it turns off my fridge as well..

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

3 minutes ago, Rebels18 said:

yeah its definitely off. Couldn't get to the plug so I had to flip the breaker to get it to stop.

I would just keep the breaker off till tomorrow but it turns off my fridge as well..

Plug the fridge into a different outlet. Hopefully you have an extension cord, or can borrow one from a neighbor. 

11 minutes ago, Rebels18 said:

weird flex, but I have a huge VIking fridge that's built in. can't access the plug. 

Can you pull the stove away from the wall to access the stove plug? Not sure what else to tell you other than go buy some ice for perishables. Will a neighbor or friend help with storing freezer compartment items? Or, put them in an ice chest and cover them with ice. 

9 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Can you pull the stove away from the wall to access the stove plug? Not sure what else to tell you other than go buy some ice for perishables. Will a neighbor or friend help with storing freezer compartment items? Or, put them in an ice chest and cover them with ice. 

nah its built in too... im fuked. I'm just gonna have to sleep on it and hope my house doesn't blaze up. this is what I get for cleaning. need to leave it to the professionals. 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

28 minutes ago, Rebels18 said:

Did you remove the knobs and put them back on in the wrong position? Take them all off and use a screwdriver to move them back to the off position. 

4 minutes ago, Mad_Hatter said:

Did you remove the knobs and put them back on in the wrong position? Take them all off and use a screwdriver to move them back to the off position. 

they're all off. I double checked a million times. Stove is working totally normal other than this. 

this clicking is a totally different rhythm then the normal igniting clicking sound. and sometimes it stops completely and I get my hopes up thinking it fixed itself just for it to troll me and start up again. I read that if too much water/moisture gets in there it can cause this but its supposed to stop when it drys...but it should be dry by now though.

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

Just now, Rebels18 said:

they're all off. I double checked a million times. Stove is working totally normal other than this. 

this clicking is a totally different rhythm then the normal igniting clicking sound. and sometimes it stops completely and I get my hopes up thinking it fixed itself just for it to troll me and start up again. I read that if too much water/moisture gets in there it can cause this but its supposed to stop when it drys...but it should be dry by now though.

Did you take dry paper towels and just molest the bejesus out of all of the igniters and gas outlets?

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

3 minutes ago, Rebels18 said:

Blow dry that bitch 

5 minutes ago, happycamper said:

Did you take dry paper towels and just molest the bejesus out of all of the igniters and gas outlets?

no i took a gigantic sponge got it all wet and soapy, and fondled them gently like i did with your wife's titties. 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

1 minute ago, Rebels18 said:

no i took a gigantic sponge got it all wet and soapy, and fondled them gently like i did with your wife's titties. 

That’s your problem right there. Way too much moisture in the system now and could have also forced debris where it doesn’t belong. 

Just now, Rebels18 said:

no wonder she kicked you out so quick. not surprised; "alpha" guys never know how to be rough

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard.