Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Akkula

Snake Oil

12 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

What's your point?

If you have the Chinese Flu and you're NOT being treated by your physician with this Snake Oil, isn't it a legitimate inquiry as to why?

It's called agency. Everybody has it, including doctors who can choose to prescribe it or not and the patient who is free to ask for it and the President who can raise awareness of it.

Dude at least be clever with it. For example, the PLV (people's liberation virus)

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

On 4/14/2020 at 4:33 AM, Akkula said:

See this is the problem with snake oil salesman and cults of personality.  The South Dakota governor decided to ignore the doctors who told her to implement social distancing and stay at home because we have a miracle cure, hydroxychloroquine, and now she has a huge hot spot for the virus?  Why would anyone do what the doctors say when you have plenty of kool aid to drink from the dear leader?  He says drinking the kool aid will make all of our problems disappear!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/south-dakotas-governor-resisted-ordering-people-to-stay-home-now-it-has-one-of-the-nations-largest-coronavirus-hot-spots/2020/04/13/5cff90fe-7daf-11ea-a3ee-13e1ae0a3571_story.html

@BSUTOP25 do you want to write another soliloquy about individual rights and how the mean ol gubmit is trying to take away your freedom?  Maybe you should consider writing something about those low wage workers at that meat plant who weren't forced by the corrupt government to stay at home but where the gubmit turned a blind eye and allowed them to be exploited and put to work in close conditions during a viral outbreak endangering the whole community for a cheap buck.  How much "freedom and liberty" do they have when they had to choose between bringing the virus home to their family or bringing food home to them? The Freedom to Fire is a fundamental American freedom that we must preserve during times of crisis (along with making people vote in person to expose them to the virus)! FREEDOM and LIBERTY!!!!

Meanwhile...the dotard whose administration punted and basically told the governors they were on their own with PPE and deciding to close their state economies now says "HE ALONE"  has the right to make the decision on when to open up the economy!  But..he promises we will have plenty of hydroxychloroquine on hand!  The great conjob federalists who are so cautious about trampling on state rights are very happy to tell blue states they must open up and that the governors have no role in the decision.  The federal government completely failed in the run up but now Donald wants to run up to the front of the parade now that it is organized and moving in the right direction.  LET FREEDOM RING!  

If Trump never brought  the drug up you guys would be hating on him ....just stop. 

3 hours ago, SDSUfan said:

What's your point?

If you have the Chinese Flu and you'Were NOT being treated by your physician with this Snake Oil, isn't it a legitimate inquiry as to why?

It's called agency. Everybody has it, including doctors who can choose to prescribe it or not and the patient who is free to ask for it and the President who can raise awareness of it.

Yes go to a doctor and say President Trump said it was "like a miracle".

French study finds hydroxychloroquine doesn't help patients with coronavirus

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/15/health/new-french-study-hydroxychloroquine/index.html 

EDIT...just found another Chinese study too:  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8222799/Anti-malaria-drug-hydroxychloroquine-does-NOT-speed-coronavirus-recovery-Chinese-study-finds.html

It also looks like Brazilians are finding it causes heart issues to these patients.  So what was the point and value to this whole "snake oil" sales pitch?  Was it just a distraction to avoid talking about the dotard's failures?  Last week on the Trump show the distraction was hydroxchloroquine and this week the distraction is defunding the WHO.  How many resources and time was diverted in this failed idea?  How many families and patients were given false hope.  How much federal resources were expended trying to prove the president right and spin this story instead of working on getting testing, PPE, and contact tracing in order.  This is why someone who has no idea what they are talking about medically needs to leave this to the medical community.

Perhaps the reason Trump doesn't like the WHO is he is likely going to be told very soon "WE TOLD YOU SO" and they were actually working on drugs that showed scientific promise. While he was pimping a "miracle cure" that is as useful as a degree from Trump University.  He knows he has a vast audience of willing marks who are HAPPY to drink whatever kool aid he serves up! 

Asked whether chloroquine was a possible cure for covid-19, Janet Diaz of WHO told reporters on Feb. 20 that the organization was prioritizing other therapeutics: “For chloroquine, there is no proof that that is an effective treatment at this time. We recommend that therapeutics be tested under ethically approved clinical trials to show efficacy and safety.” 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/04/13/how-false-hope-spread-about-hydroxychloroquine-its-consequences/

How false hope spread about hydroxychloroquine to treat covid-19 — and the consequences that followed

But remember, everyone, we need to be protesting our right to protest right now and opening back up the country instead of holding our government accountable for telling the truth and fixing the botched handling of this virus that is still ongoing.  Do whatever you can do to help the dotard distract from this massive failure!  FEEEEEDOOOOMMMM AND LIBERTY!!!

Posted Image

40 minutes ago, Akkula said:

But remember, everyone, we need to be protesting our right to protest right now and opening back up the country instead of holding our government accountable for telling the truth and fixing the botched handling of this virus that is still ongoing.  Do whatever you can do to help the dotard distract from this massive failure!  FEEEEEDOOOOMMMM AND LIBERTY!!!

Just a subtle reminder that this virus started in one of your communist utopias. We may never know how many hundreds of thousands of people really died in China because of the coverups. And the failure of your CCP buddies to contain the virus has resulted in a worldwide pandemic that will probably end up killing millions while destroying the global economy. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

1 hour ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Just a subtle reminder that this virus started in one of your communist utopias. We may never know how many hundreds of thousands of people really died in China because of the coverups. And the failure of your CCP buddies to contain the virus has resulted in a worldwide pandemic that will probably end up killing millions while destroying the global economy. 

To some of us the meaning of words still matter.  Up is different from down and day is different from night.  How does a "communist" regime prohibit unionization?  How does a "communist" regime out capitalist the USA in the race to the bottom of labor and environmental standards?  How does a "communist" regime attract western multinationals to their slave labor?  I am not certain how an authoritarian capitalist regime which is straight out of the ideology of atlas shrugged can be considered "communist."  But hey, these days Trumpists can call themselves "conservatives" and you call yourself a "liberal" without blushing so why not?  Names and words don't mean anything anymore with our newspeak!

Posted Image

9 minutes ago, Akkula said:

To some of us the meaning of words still matter.  Up is different from down and day is different from night.  How does a "communist" regime prohibit unionization?  How does a "communist" regime out capitalist the USA in the race to the bottom of labor and environmental standards?  How does a "communist" regime attract western multinationals to their slave labor?  I am not certain how an authoritarian capitalist regime which is straight out of the ideology of atlas shrugged can be considered "communist."  But hey, these days Trumpists can call themselves "conservatives" and you call yourself a "liberal" without blushing so why not?  Names and words don't mean anything anymore with our newspeak!

You’re right, I stand corrected. China is far too “capitalistic and free” for your tastes. North Korea would have been a better example of your utopia. I’m sorry.

16 minutes ago, Akkula said:

Nobody wants to talk about this any longer?  Are we on to the next Trump distraction already?

What did he do today?   It’s gone from liberal democratic hoax not a big deal we are the best it will magically disappear and is no worse than the flu : pandemic, stay inside but dont wear masks : wear masks : I have total authority 

image.jpeg.27edac3c52b0b3acae4fa6999d7eac3e.jpeg

Posted Image

47 minutes ago, Akkula said:

The art of the double down, triple, quadruple ???....down!??!!?

Trump starts taking it!:lol:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/18/trump-says-he-takes-hydroxychloroquine-to-prevent-coronavirus-infection.html

“I happen to be taking it,” Trump said during a roundtable event at the White House. “A lot of good things have come out. You’d be surprised at how many people are taking it, especially the front-line workers. Before you catch it. The front-line workers, many, many are taking it.”

He added: “I’m taking it, hydroxychloroquine. Right now, yeah. Couple of weeks ago, I started taking it. Cause I think it’s good, I’ve heard a lot of good stories.”

Trump also said that he is taking zinc, and that he has taken an initial dose of azithromycin, or Z-Pak.

Hydroxychloroquine, which has been repeatedly touted by Trump as a potential game-changer in fighting the coronavirus, is also often used by doctors to treat rheumatoid arthritis and lupus. Numerous clinical trials are looking to see if it’s effective in fighting the coronavirus, but it is not a proven treatment yet.

Trump, meanwhile, refuses to wear a mask, which medical experts have advised as a way to limit the spread of the virus.

On 5/18/2020 at 7:25 PM, aztech said:

I would question if he is actually taking it.  I don't believe a word he says anymore.  That's what its come down to.         

That crossed my mind as well. 

I’ve read that the infected people that were given hydroxychloroquine early on had much better success than those that were near death. That is they recovered from the virus quicker. How true that is and whether it is a preventative, who knows. As far as side effects thousands of us GIs were given an anti malaria drug mefloquine in the same drug family once a week in Vietnam. They also liberally used agent orange so maybe we were their experimental guinea pigs. 

None of the guys I was around had any noticeable side effects. Maybe the weed we were using countered the side effects. Whatever the case I’m sure doctors are using whatever drug is at their disposal to fight this virus including hydroxychloroquine. Obviously at this time there isn’t sufficient time to do any definitive trials. 

On 4/14/2020 at 5:56 AM, happycamper said:

You sound like when an accountant tries to tell someone about engineering

Yeah but who cares.  In fact, I wish the media were goading Trump to take a double dose.   As for the rest of the Trumper’s demanding to take Hydroxychloroquine instead of Remdesivir,  excellent.  Leaves more of the effective drug for the rest of us and raises the US collective IQ a few points.   I think you should be encouraging them Hydroxychloroquine is the only med.  In fact, it’s the Drug companies pushing Remdesivir because they make more money.  People like @SDSUfan should absolutely follow Trumps advice and take a double dose.