SleepingGiantFan

Football Over/Unders for 2020

Yeah, I know we may not have a season. And yeah, I know these guys aren't exactly the be-all and end-all of NCAA football but WTF. Let's talk some SPORTS.

Boise State - 10 wins

Air Force and SDSU - 7.5

Hawaii and Wyo - 6

UNR and USU - 5.5

SJSU - 4.5

CSU - 4

UNLV - 3

https://dknation.draftkings.com/2020/4/1/21203116/college-football-odds-win-totals-2020-full-list-clemson-alabama-oklahoma-georgia-oregon-ohio-state

Isn't it great how highly regarded the Mountain West always is?

And btw, I'd take the over on UNLV.

Boise and the 11 dwarves.  The more things change, the more they stay the same.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, SleepingGiantFan said:

Yeah, I know we may not have a season. And yeah, I know these guys aren't exactly the be-all and end-all of NCAA football but WTF. Let's talk some SPORTS.

Boise State - 10 wins

Air Force and SDSU - 7.5

Hawaii and Wyo - 6

UNR and USU - 5.5

SJSU - 4.5

CSU - 4

UNLV - 3

Fresno - 6

New Mexico - 3.5

Just now, bsu_alum9 said:

Fresno - 6

New Mexico - 3.5

Under on Fresno is easy money.  That is a 4 win team, tops.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Fresno - 6

New Mexico - 3.5

Oops, somehow overlooked Frez and I never remember UNM. But go Rocky!

^ ^ ^ Fresno St Bulldogs conducting covert practices in preparation for 2020 ^ ^ ^

1 hour ago, SleepingGiantFan said:

Boise State - 10 wins over

Air Force and SDSU - 7.5 AFA under, SDSU over

Hawaii and Wyo - 6 Wyo over, Hawaii under

UNR and USU - 5.5  Nevada over, USU under

SJSU - 4.5 under

CSU - 4 under

UNLV - 3 over

https://dknation.draftkings.com/2020/4/1/21203116/college-football-odds-win-totals-2020-full-list-clemson-alabama-oklahoma-georgia-oregon-ohio-state

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Fresno - 6 over

New Mexico - 3.5 under

1 hour ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Fresno - 6

New Mexico - 3.5

NewMags - 4

BY-WHO 6.5

UTEP 1.5

The NewMags get more wins than the Lobos ?  Say it ain't so.

Was reading the parameters of the projections and one thing stood out.

FCS wins do not count in the over/under line.

2 hours ago, SleepingGiantFan said:

Boise State - 10 wins

Air Force and SDSU - 7.5

Hawaii and Wyo - 6

UNR and USU - 5.5

SJSU - 4.5

CSU - 4

UNLV - 3

That can't be right, half of the Boise fans are calling for 8 wins or less from the Broncos. I remember a ton taking the under at 10 last year, as well. 

41 minutes ago, Spaztecs said:

NewMags - 4

BY-WHO 6.5

UTEP 1.5

The NewMags get more wins than the Lobos ?  Say it ain't so.

Boise is the only school in the MW that doesn't annually pad their record with FCS schools.

• Like 1

SJSU - 5

On 4/6/2020 at 6:27 PM, kingpotato said:

Boise is the only school in the MW that doesn't annually pad their record with FCS schools.

This year USU has a way tougher OOC than Boise even with the FCS. Wazzu, @ Washington and @ BYU. 

Not that you could walk in to a book and bet it, but these numbers might be a little more official...

IF, I mean IF we play football in fall of 2020....CSU with an over/under at 4 is a complete joke.  I see that the Rebel fan above posted a 6.5 number.  I'll take the over on that, but four?!?!   Give me a f(&(^ing break.  Four???

Before I give Caesars too much credit though, I wouldn't go the 3.5 on UNLV or UNM.  Both have talented players and just discharged crap coaches.  Either could surprise.

16 minutes ago, BleedRebelRed said:

Not that you could walk in to a book and bet it, but these numbers might be a little more official...

The 3.5 wins is tough for UNLV, unless this is finally the season they overachieve.

The non-conf is brutal (ASU, Cal, La Tech, and Iowa State)... no cream puffs like @kingpotato's team who play Southern Georgia... and by the way it appears that UNLV is done with FCS opponents since they chose not to reschedule Grambling after replacing them with USC in '18 and have no more FCS currently scheduled.  So maybe 1-3 non-conf but most likely 0-4.

So 4 wins would probably require going 4-4 against the MWC West, at Boise, and home against CSU and Wyo.

10 hours ago, BleedRebelRed said:

The 3.5 wins is tough for UNLV, unless this is finally the season they overachieve.

The non-conf is brutal (ASU, Cal, La Tech, and Iowa State)... no cream puffs like @kingpotato's team who play Southern Georgia... and by the way it appears that UNLV is done with FCS opponents since they chose not to reschedule Grambling after replacing them with USC in '18 and have no more FCS currently scheduled.  So maybe 1-3 non-conf but most likely 0-4.

So 4 wins would probably require going 4-4 against the MWC West, at Boise, and home against CSU and Wyo.

Georgia Southern would be, at least, a TD favorite over UNLV... and I wasn't a big fan when they announced that. That's besides the point anyway... it's still not an FCS team. Really, is that the best dig you can come up with? A bowl team with a top-25 road win? 

BTW, that's irresponsible scheduling by UNLV. They are going to go 0-fer. Hard to build a program doing that. They need more peer programs on their schedule. That would be a great schedule for a Boise State. Playing three mid-level P5s and a 10 win G5 would be an awesome schedule... but not for UNLV.