Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BSUTOP25

Media Blacklisted Richard Jewell Movie

Nickelodeon TV in the 90s is the apex of children's entertainment. If my boy was a little older, he'd be getting a steady diet of Pete & Pete and Nicktoons right now. But it's still a little over his head. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

54 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Like I said, I’M NOT HERE TO BASH MOANA. It’s a fun buddy flick with good songs.

Great, so instead of letting her ice witch sister handle the magic problems, she’s determined to leave her high middle age people homeless and destitute for their own good in Scandinavia. She’s an arctic Pol Pot.

What? did you even WATCH frozen 2? She tries to insist on going to magic glacier memory spirit power deathville, and Elsa says "lol no know who you are. I'm the magic one you're the leader one". She sees proof positive that her sister dies and fails to fix the spirit issue and, heartbroken, she takes matters in to her own hands. Devastated, she knows the way, as her sister's dying act was a shiny sending of Arendelle's betrayal of the woods people. Anna knows that Arendelle is where you are as a people, not a set of buildings. We see how far Anna will go as she moves to destroy the magical imbalance and rest the spirits, which, remember, are making the entire capital city uninhabitable. anna baits the innocent warrior earth spirits in to destroying the dam, finally soothing the last of the spirits. Water cascades to Arendelle, ready to destroy an already useless set of buildings. Disney decides to ressurect Elsa and save the buildings for no good reason.

Also there's Georgian ships and fashion, age of exploration type trade, photographs, and mass literacy. This is clearly early industrial revolution, not high middle ages. It's disappointing that you have to be educated on such obvious details, but you're welcome. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

Can we get back to arguing about the media? The sucktitude of this thread has gone way up.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

2 hours ago, renoskier said:

No shit, what dumbass started this abortion?

2 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

It was either Satan or @happycamper.

It went from a movie to other movies. jesus christ I've never seen a bigger bunch of whiners in my life, that is staying more on topic than 99.99% of any mwcboard topic ever

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

16 minutes ago, happycamper said:

It went from a movie to other movies. jesus christ I've never seen a bigger bunch of whiners in my life, that is staying more on topic than 99.99% of any mwcboard topic ever

We finally broke Happy!

Just now, NVGiant said:

We finally broke Happy!

Giant. I get that you are sad that you missed out on the latest generation of disney movies and had to deal with utterly forgettable shit like gnomeo and juliet and planes fire and rescue. Who cares lol. sucks to be you. 

1 minute ago, happycamper said:

Giant. I get that you are sad that you missed out on the latest generation of disney movies and had to deal with utterly forgettable shit like gnomeo and juliet and planes fire and rescue. Who cares lol. sucks to be you. 

I have never seen any of those. You really have your talons dug deep into this. Proceed.

Just now, NVGiant said:

I have never seen any of those. You really have your talons dug deep into this. Proceed.

How deep should I proceed? I mean, I could show you the world, but are you ready?

4 minutes ago, happycamper said:

How deep should I proceed? I mean, I could show you the world, but are you ready?

I’m sure I can feign some interest for a while. 

Just now, NVGiant said:

I’m sure I can feign some interest for a while. 

not ready