Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BSUTOP25

Media Blacklisted Richard Jewell Movie

9 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Moana has good songs but there is no character development. In order to save her people she has to change from a brave, headstrong, relentless adventurer into...a brave, headstrong, relentless adventurer. Anna has to go from a self absorbed, naive, daydreamer into someone literally willing to sacrifice herself to save the kingdom.

Of course all that growth is forgotten on the sequel which is one of 100 reasons why it’s garbage.

I have thought more about Disney movies than I’ve ever wanted to lately. :suicide:

Moana has the rock 💪!

14 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Moana has good songs but there is no character development. In order to save her people she has to change from a brave, headstrong, relentless adventurer into...a brave, headstrong, relentless adventurer. Anna has to go from a self absorbed, naive, daydreamer into someone literally willing to sacrifice herself to save the kingdom.

Of course all that growth is forgotten on the sequel which is one of 100 reasons why it’s garbage.

I have thought more about Disney movies than I’ve ever wanted to lately. :suicide:

Frozen 2 makes me think the boss called in sick so the room full of writers decided to cram all their potential story lines into a single movie without picking a clear direction. I've never been so lost trying to follow along a kids movie...

2 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

All you youthful parents with youngins right now, you missed the heyday of Jim Henson-based entertainment. They’re still out there, of course, but appear to have become overshadowed by the Disney empire, which was certainly around back when my boys were tykes, but didn’t dominate their viewing. Worthy of your kids’ attention:

Muppet Treasure Island (best of the Muppet movies, IMO)

All the Muppet Show 

Bunny Picnic (if they’re still pretty young) — not Muppets, but definitely Jim Henson

The Dark Crystal (original movie—couldn’t get into the new show, but kids might have a different opinion on that  

Non-Henson, but worth your kids’ (and your) time: Nick Parks’ stuff, foremost of which are his Wallace and Gromit short films and one feature length film. Just the best!

For those of you local to the Reno area, I’ve got much of what I listed available to loan you, though it’s in the archaic VHS format, so probably won’t do you much good. Maybe it’s available out there on the internets. PM me if you’re interested.

1 hour ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

you are dumb.

Lawlor, Moana goes from being a self-conscious teenager who knows her desires but vacillates between following her father and totally ignoring him. In the end, her lack of knowledge wrecks one boat, almost drowns her, and strands her in the ocean. Only the fact that the ocean loves her saves her. She goes from this to being a confident, collected, competent wayfinder, knowing her place and how to lead her people. She goes from looking to ask Maui to solve her problems to solving her problems herself and just being grateful if her friend, Maui, happens to help. She sings the best song in the movie about how she finally knows who she is and how her desire for finding what's beyond the horizon isn't the horizon, but is her own soul!

Maui goes from a self-centered demigod who refuses to consider the consequences of his actions and who views humans the way a cat lady views her kitties to a respectful, watchful demigod who brings the knowledge of sailing back to humanity and who doesn't crave our affection. He becomes whole. 

Anna goes from a teenage girl to a confident young woman in Frozen 2. I know this kind of thinking is going in to the unknown for you, but bear with me. Anna in frozen 2 knows where she is in the family, knows her own strength. She isn't lost in the woods with where she stands with her sister or her heart any more; she knows who she loves and what she brings to the table. As the movie moves on, she shows herself to be the leader that Arendelle needs. Some things never change, but Anna is certainly more developed between Frozen and Frozen 2. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

2 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Maui is the character who grows.  He's Han, Moana is Luke.

1 hour ago, happycamper said:

you are dumb.

Lawlor, Moana goes from being a self-conscious teenager who knows her desires but vacillates between following her father and totally ignoring him. In the end, her lack of knowledge wrecks one boat, almost drowns her, and strands her in the ocean. Only the fact that the ocean loves her saves her. She goes from this to being a confident, collected, competent wayfinder, knowing her place and how to lead her people. She goes from looking to ask Maui to solve her problems to solving her problems herself and just being grateful if her friend, Maui, happens to help. She sings the best song in the movie about how she finally knows who she is and how her desire for finding what's beyond the horizon isn't the horizon, but is her own soul!

Maui goes from a self-centered demigod who refuses to consider the consequences of his actions and who views humans the way a cat lady views her kitties to a respectful, watchful demigod who brings the knowledge of sailing back to humanity and who doesn't crave our affection. He becomes whole. 

Anna goes from a teenage girl to a confident young woman in Frozen 2. I know this kind of thinking is going in to the unknown for you, but bear with me. Anna in frozen 2 knows where she is in the family, knows her own strength. She isn't lost in the woods with where she stands with her sister or her heart any more; she knows who she loves and what she brings to the table. As the movie moves on, she shows herself to be the leader that Arendelle needs. Some things never change, but Anna is certainly more developed between Frozen and Frozen 2. 

Screw the economy. This needs to end to save Happy’s sanity.

you are dumb.

I’m not here to bash Moana. It’s entertaining enough to make up for its flaws. Just know that you’re wrong so sit there in your wrongness and be wrong.

The leader that Arendelle needs!!!!??? She personally destroys the dam knowing it will lead to the destruction of their entire kingdom. She is only saved from this horrible mistake because her worthless magic sister, whom let’s not forget Anna things is dead, saves the day through her magic powers.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

9 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

This debate proves to me that home confinement is getting to people.

Don’t get me started on how the bad guys in Mulan are the most bad ass characters in Disney history and possibly all of art in the 20th century.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

7 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

I’m not here to bash Moana. It’s entertaining enough to make up for its flaws. Just know that you’re wrong so sit there in your wrongness and be wrong.

No. Moana is a treasure and is the least flawed film I'm seen hundreds of times. You know how some films start to buckle under the scrutiny of a paltry 15 or 20 repeat viewings? Moana is the opposite, you find layers of meaning and character growth. 

7 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

The leader that Arendelle needs!!!!??? She personally destroys the dam knowing it will lead to the destruction of their entire kingdom. She is only saved from this horrible mistake because her worthless magic sister, whom let’s not forget Anna things is dead, saves the day through her magic powers.

A leader that knows that Arendelle is the people, not the buildings? Who destroys a dam that can only damage the uninhabitable, fire-less, water-less, permanently earthquaking capital city? Yeah WHAT A LOSS. After a flood you can rebuild; without that dam breaching, there "is no future for Arendelle". 

You must pay as much attention to kids movies as you do to my posts because it's clear that you're missing lines of dialogue and layers of meaning. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

7 hours ago, NVGiant said:

This debate proves to me that home confinement is getting to people.

lol this has been a years long indoctrination effort on the part of  process called being "daddy". When it's 15 below or the wind is blowing 50 miles an hour and you have to lug around a 6 month old movies sound great. The quar in wenatchee is less house bound then, like, 5 months of the year in Casper.

6 minutes ago, happycamper said:

lol this has been a years long indoctrination effort on the part of  process called being "daddy". When it's 15 below or the wind is blowing 50 miles an hour and you have to lug around a 6 month old movies sound great. The quar in wenatchee is less house bound then, like, 5 months of the year in Casper.

I’ve done it plenty. Trust me. I liked Frozen the first time. The next 90 times? Not as much. Me, after hearing that Frozen 2 was going to be a thing...

people election GIF

Alas, with a daughter who is soon to turn 9, I haven’t been sucked into Frozen 2.

Just now, NVGiant said:

I’ve done it plenty. Trust me. I liked Frozen the first time. The next 90 times? Not as much. Me, after hearing that Frozen 2 was going to be a thing...

people election GIF

Alas, with a daughter who is soon to turn 9, I haven’t been sucked into Frozen 2.

I know, right? For the first time in forever, you think you get some agency in what you're watching. But then you hear "do you wanna build a snowman" and if feels like you get a frozen heart. But you know what? It's okay. even if you're watching the same movie over and over, it's time spend with your kids, a shared connection. Don't close them off man, love is an open door. Besides, you know that in summer they'll go outside and play and leave you alone. Young childhood has its own burdens but it is precious too, you don't have to immediately let it go.

3 minutes ago, happycamper said:

I know, right? For the first time in forever, you think you get some agency in what you're watching. But then you hear "do you wanna build a snowman" and if feels like you get a frozen heart. But you know what? It's okay. even if you're watching the same movie over and over, it's time spend with your kids, a shared connection. Don't close them off man, love is an open door. Besides, you know that in summer they'll go outside and play and leave you alone. Young childhood has its own burdens but it is precious too, you don't have to immediately let it go.

crazy homer simpson GIF

Just now, NVGiant said:

crazy homer simpson GIF

dude moana has a shit ton of song titles. ya gotta give me more material to work with to get them all in, lawlor made it easy

7 minutes ago, happycamper said:

dude moana has a shit ton of song titles. ya gotta give me more material to work with to get them all in, lawlor made it easy

I’m trying to save you from yourself.

Just now, NVGiant said:

I’m trying to save you from yourself.

you don't want to see how far I'll go? 

you don't want to see how far I'll go? 

Of course! But not by my hand. I like to keep with the liberal ethos by expressing concern while secretly enjoying the show from the sidelines.

2 hours ago, happycamper said:

No. Moana is a treasure and is the least flawed film I'm seen hundreds of times. You know how some films start to buckle under the scrutiny of a paltry 15 or 20 repeat viewings? Moana is the opposite, you find layers of meaning and character growth. 

Like I said, I’M NOT HERE TO BASH MOANA. It’s a fun buddy flick with good songs.

2 hours ago, happycamper said:

A leader that knows that Arendelle is the people, not the buildings? Who destroys a dam that can only damage the uninhabitable, fire-less, water-less, permanently earthquaking capital city? Yeah WHAT A LOSS. After a flood you can rebuild; without that dam breaching, there "is no future for Arendelle". 

You must pay as much attention to kids movies as you do to my posts because it's clear that you're missing lines of dialogue and layers of meaning. 

Great, so instead of letting her ice witch sister handle the magic problems, she’s determined to leave her high middle age people homeless and destitute for their own good in Scandinavia. She’s an arctic Pol Pot.