Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BSUTOP25

Media Blacklisted Richard Jewell Movie

Just now, RSF said:

VelvetyAgileHarrierhawk-size_restricted.

Why is that moving the goal posts? It was a genuine request.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

well, shoot, if you're all of a sudden going to start being reasonable....

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

7 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

looks like a good movie but it isn't frozen 2 or power rangers so I am unlikely to see it any time soon.

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

54 minutes ago, happycamper said:

looks like a good movie but it isn't frozen 2 or power rangers so I am unlikely to see it any time soon.

It’s good. I saw it in theaters right away. As I said at the beginning, Eastwood made an unnecessary choice in the portrayal of Scruggs. But the performances were excellent.

5 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Drama effect? Pretty much like most movies. 

You could make a good movie about Richard Jewell, or good movie about how the media got it very wrong, but not both. It tried to do both, but took shortcuts on the media and it doesn’t work. It crushed the other stuff though.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

5 hours ago, happycamper said:

Frozen 2 is atrocious.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

4 hours ago, NVGiant said:

It’s good. I saw it in theaters right away. As I said at the beginning, Eastwood made an unnecessary choice in the portrayal of Scruggs. But the performances were excellent.

Maybe he should have just changed her name? Hollywood does that sort of thing all the time. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

Just now, thelawlorfaithful said:

Frozen 2 is atrocious.

You are so wrong that it is unimagineable. Watch each at least 47 times and you will truly know that while Frozen 2 is no Moana, it is head and shoulders above Frozen, let alone trash like Trolls. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

6 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

It’s a good movie. The journalist character is a bad caricature. 

The actor who played Jewell did a great job playing a high functioning autistic person.

1 hour ago, happycamper said:

You are so wrong that it is unimagineable. Watch each at least 47 times and you will truly know that while Frozen 2 is no Moana, it is head and shoulders above Frozen, let alone trash like Trolls. 

This is Stockholm syndrome. 

1 hour ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Maybe he should have just changed her name? Hollywood does that sort of thing all the time. 

Yes, that’d been better. I’d still hate the female reporter trading sex for info bit, something that pops into movies and shows a lot. (Thank You for Smoking, House of Cards, etc.) But if it wasn’t pinned to a specific reporter, it wouldn’t be as big a deal, IMO. Also, he did that with Hamm’s FBI character, who was not a real person.

32 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

This is Stockholm syndrome. 

it is the clarity of an expert, the fine taste of a connoisseur 

1 minute ago, CPslograd said:

moana>frozen2

moana=frozen1

you get frozen 1 out of moana's continent. I would go so far as to say Moana > Little Mermaid

13 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

moana>frozen2

moana=frozen1

Moana has good songs but there is no character development. In order to save her people she has to change from a brave, headstrong, relentless adventurer into...a brave, headstrong, relentless adventurer. Anna has to go from a self absorbed, naive, daydreamer into someone literally willing to sacrifice herself to save the kingdom.

Of course all that growth is forgotten on the sequel which is one of 100 reasons why it’s garbage.

I have thought more about Disney movies than I’ve ever wanted to lately. :suicide: