Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lobonado

MSU player is transferring b/c of Mike Leach tweet

Recommended Posts

Good Lord - that meme is all over the place.  Kid needs to get a sense of humor.  Or get married...

 

 

Mike-Leach-noose-meme.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, RSF said:

Good Lord - that meme is all over the place.  Kid needs to get a sense of humor.  Or get married...

 

Folks in Mississippi don't think nooses are funny :shrug:

Who knew?

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, RSF said:

Good Lord - that meme is all over the place.  Kid needs to get a sense of humor.  Or get married...

 

 

Mike-Leach-noose-meme.jpg

Yeah. It is a marriage joke. Using the noose as the punchline in Miss while HC at MSU,  with many black players on the team, is Class 1 dumbassery. I don't blame the player for taking it the way he has.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DoubleBlueGold said:

Yeah. It is a marriage joke. Using the noose as the punchline in Miss while HC at MSU,  with many black players on the team, is Class 1 dumbassery. I don't blame the player for taking it the way he has.

Yeah well I would guess if you are that thin skinned you are better off not playing for Leach anyway.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sactowndog said:

Yeah well I would guess if you are that thin skinned you are better off not playing for Leach anyway.

I do not think this is a thin skin issue, gven the noose's history in the south and what it represents to African-Americans. In general I agree, it is better not to play for Leach,  if thin-skinned. (Or if you're claustrophobic :ph34r:.)

Link to post
Share on other sites

African Americans arent the only ones with a reason to not like nooses.  Mexican Americans likewise have an undertold yet no less tragic history with lynchings.  Yet, didnt stop my very liberal TexMex wife - raised in sight of the border - from posting the meme herself and rolling her eyes over the Leach story.  Because a) its funny, b) it has nothing to do with anything racial, c) she's not thin skinned and d) has an IQ above room temperature.

 

 

Indignation, like a lot of things, is a lot more effective if not overused.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, DoubleBlueGold said:

Yeah. It is a marriage joke. Using the noose as the punchline in Miss while HC at MSU,  with many black players on the team, is Class 1 dumbassery. I don't blame the player for taking it the way he has.

Because Mississippi is the only place where anything like that happened. ^_^ Calling it dumbassery is dumbaassery! There is nothing racial about the joke and it’s just that...a joke. Anyone who is offended by it is a thin-skinned baby who would never make it though being locked in a closet during practice anyway.  Don’t get all California on us. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Slapdad said:

Because Mississippi is the only place where anything like that happened. ^_^ Calling it dumbassery is dumbaassery! There is nothing racial about the joke and it’s just that...a joke. Anyone who is offended by it is a thin-skinned baby who would never make it though being locked in a closet during practice anyway.  Don’t get all California on us. 

Whatever you're drinking tonight is not doing the job right. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, DoubleBlueGold said:

Yeah. It is a marriage joke. Using the noose as the punchline in Miss while HC at MSU,  with many black players on the team, is Class 1 dumbassery. I don't blame the player for taking it the way he has.

That’s because you’re a PC Warrior boy. 🤠👍

Link to post
Share on other sites

Leach seems like the kind of coach that either works or really really doesn't for players. I'm going to have to guess that this player had enough interactions with Leach  that there was either more context behind why the tweet irritated him so much or it was the final straw anyway. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Joe from WY said:

What a bitch. 

Which one?  The woman or the kid?

Link to post
Share on other sites

The noose , white hood and the burning cross are the most horrific symbols to the African American community.  If you don’t understand that you’re a bigot, clueless or  lack empathy.  As a black man I’m stunned by the lack of understanding of this topic on a board of college educated members.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...