Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

renoskier

Captain Crozier USS Theodore Roosevelt - Relieved of Command

2 minutes ago, sean327 said:

Do you really believe an O-6 would use this letter as his first option? I can’t see that. There was a Flag Officer onboard, where did the disconnect come from? 

You said it yourself.  Teams and shit no matter what....

Just now, sactowndog said:

You said it yourself.  Teams and shit no matter what....

Perhaps he is just unfamiliar with actual military.  I don't know if he served or not, but his comparison to yelling no ammo to enemy (so obviously would be in a firefight) is nowhere comparable to what took place with the carrier.

12 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Good lord.  Nothing like putting a fire out with Gasoline.....,

I feel sorry for the guy.  I don’t think he really wanted to do it as he called it the hardest decision of his life.   Then when it blew up he was completely unprepared to handle it.  The worst is since that speech I’m almost for sure going to owe $50 to @mugtang favorite charity.   

just one more in a long line of Trump syncopates who have had their life destroyed.  

If it turns out you owe me, donate the money to your local food bank.  I’ll make a matching donation to the food bank of northern Nevada. No reason good things can’t come out of this. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 minute ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Perhaps he is just unfamiliar with actual military.  I don't know if he served or not, but his comparison to yelling no ammo to enemy (so obviously would be in a firefight) is nowhere comparable to what took place with the carrier.

You are such a generous soul!

15 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

I’ve done that already.  Would you rather I donate to Reno’s?

No, see my edit above.   Food banks need all the help they can get right now. 

I went ahead and just did it.  

BA183B21-139D-49D1-B1A1-DDAF0C24FC3A.jpeg

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Let’s be honest.  Dem’s are damm lucky Hilary lost because as badly as she F’d up Benghazi if she were in power the teams would just be reversed and she would be doing lasting damage to the Dem Party....

what a crap election that was....

17 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Let’s be honest.  Dem’s are damm lucky Hilary lost because as badly as she F’d up Benghazi if she were in power the teams would just be reversed and she would be doing lasting damage to the Dem Party....

And this election is going to be better?  I have looked at both parties candidates these last few cycles like

P3sQ.gif

8 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

And this election is going to be better?  I have looked at both parties candidates these last few cycles like

P3sQ.gif

Joe isn’t great but at this point I will settle for slightly below average.

29 minutes ago, sean327 said:

Do you really believe an O-6 would use this letter as his first option? I can’t see that. There was a Flag Officer onboard, where did the disconnect come from? 

I'm not familiar enough with the specifics. That said, his "urgency" and "frustration" while well meaning caused him to take imprudent action.  You know the services do their own thing, in their own way, in their own time. Stakeholders,  Commands, Commanders. Span of control. Protocol.  It's a fact of life.  Line officers have been bucking it since the dawn of the modern military and beyond.  He shouldn't have handled the way he did.  He chose to fall on his sword, which would be admirable if he didn't violate OPSEC to do it.  It cost him his career.  There's no going back.  He'll be on CNN or MSNBC as a "Military Expert" inside of a month after his imminent retirement.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

4 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Capture.PNG

:cheers:

9 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

What a cluster phuck. The Pentagon are probably the only ones that know what actually happened.

I’m reasonably certain the White House well knew.  

Even in this right wing attempt to discredit Captain Crozier, which we see popping up all over, the military author makes a telling statement that removal of a forward strategic carrier would have to go to the President.  

He then goes on to insinuate the Captain should have done it under regular channels and everything would have been okay.   This smacks of a White House coordinated smear job on the Captain...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsj.com/amp/articles/a-failure-of-discipline-under-capt-croziers-command-11586191567

The Wall Street Journal isn’t the only one.  On Friday, before this became a political event, I posted a copy of the Roosevelt article and a note that said simply “Well done, Sir”.   Yesterday as the White House smear campaigned ramped up a right wing poster posted this comment:

“There are 3,000 beds available on Guam for sailors who fall ill, Modly said, and those measures were underway before the letter was made public.

Adm. Michael Gilday, the chief of naval operations, appeared with Modly at the hastily called briefing at the Pentagon late Thursday. Gilday said he supported the decision to relieve Crozier, and that an investigation is underway about the letter and how it was distributed.”

Expect the White House lies, spin and smear to ramp up against the Captain as the shit is SOP for this White House

12 hours ago, sactowndog said:

In a different way....