Jump to content

Due to our Current State of Emergency, will we have CFB in 2020??  

84 members have voted

  1. 1. Will we have CFB in 2020??

    • Yes - Praise the Lord..
    • No - God help us...


Recommended Posts

So, yeah, call your shot now..

I hate to be that guy, but I'm thinking we wont...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think there will be a season.  But not the full 12, 13 game schedules.  OOC games are not happening.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you read that an unnamed AD wants to cancel the season in the fall, and play it in the spring?  As crazy as that sounds, it might be a possibility.  Logistical issues for sure, but might be an option.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm liable to snap and kill somebody at the prospect of NO football this year.....

y8noj.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think college sports are way more likely to get canceled because they have the extra variable of campus being closed. Oklahoma just closed their campus until at least July 31st. Rutgers until August 14th. I'm sure there are others and more will follow. 

The pro leagues have the advantage that if they get really desperate, they can gather everyone up and live/practice/play at neutral sites. Can't do that with college athletes. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We will still have college football, but it might be a shortened season. We will however have NFL. There's no way in hell that Goodell will cancel the NFL season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully, the political chips fall in place rapidly, and a vaccine is produced, which totally negates the virus...

No BSU and no Cowboys pushes that line juuuust enough for me to lose my shit..

We need a hero..

...I'm sure Kellen will think of something......

Buffalo-Bills-v-Dallas-Cowboys-71d2daa48

:sorry:

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Cheers 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a full season at least. If there's a winter resurgence could see a no ooc, no bowl year. And that's one of the good outcomes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Headbutt said:

Did you read that an unnamed AD wants to cancel the season in the fall, and play it in the spring?  As crazy as that sounds, it might be a possibility.  Logistical issues for sure, but might be an option.

Dam that would be an AMAZING spring. College basketball AND college football.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That would suck if the year Boise has the biggest home game in program history in Florida State gets cancelled. 

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

That would suck if the year Boise has the biggest home game in program history in Florida State gets cancelled. 

Yep.  Best prepare for it now.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Headbutt said:

Did you read that an unnamed AD wants to cancel the season in the fall, and play it in the spring?  As crazy as that sounds, it might be a possibility.  Logistical issues for sure, but might be an option.

Sweet!  Every game in Laramie will be played in the snow :thumbsup:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it’s in the fall they may have games but there won’t be anyone in the stands. Most likely in the spring.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/2/2020 at 1:50 PM, Jeffkills said:

So, yeah, call your shot now..

I hate to be that guy, but I'm thinking we wont...

Too much going on, too much progress being made for me to not be optimistic about fall football.  Folks like to compare this to the Spanish Flu of 1918.  That was 100 years ago.  We've come so far since then.  Not that they would have made a difference, but antibiotics were just a concept in 1918.  This is 2020, we've got this.  I see so many stories of so much progress that I can't yet buy into the narrative that Covid won't be under control by August.  Their are a ton of reasons to believe we'll have things under control in time.  I'd hate to try and predict the conditions that football will be played under, but the rush to normalcy will be overwhelming enough long before then that I really believe the season will happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

Too much going on, too much progress being made for me to not be optimistic about fall football.  Folks like to compare this to the Spanish Flu of 1918.  That was 100 years ago.  We've come so far since then.  Not that they would have made a difference, but antibiotics were just a concept in 1918.  This is 2020, we've got this.  I see so many stories of so much progress that I can't yet buy into the narrative that Covid won't be under control by August.  Their are a ton of reasons to believe we'll have things under control in time.  I'd hate to try and predict the conditions that football will be played under, but the rush to normalcy will be overwhelming enough long before then that I really believe the season will happen.

Love your optimism. I think it all depends on the rebound effect once the initial surge tapers off. No one really knows what to expect. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we will. Yes.

Probably without fans, but people are starving for live sports on TV. I bet that the 2020 NFL Draft will be get as high of ratings as the Super Bowl.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/2/2020 at 3:48 PM, Jeffkills said:

Hopefully, the political chips fall in place rapidly, and a vaccine is produced, which totally negates the virus...

No BSU and no Cowboys pushes that line juuuust enough for me to lose my shit..

We need a hero..

...I'm sure Kellen will think of something......

Buffalo-Bills-v-Dallas-Cowboys-71d2daa48

:sorry:

If you’re talking about a vaccine by the fall, that is an impossibility.  There’s no miracle that can change that fact.  Hell, stage 3 alone would probably take longer than the amount of time between now and fall, and we might not have even reached that stage.

That said, it’s infeasible that life won’t start back up at least by the end of the summer.  We can’t shut everything down until a vaccine is developed.  It’s just not realistic.  You’re talking late summer 2021 AT THE EARLIEST.  So yes, I am predicting college football in 2020 with fans in the stands.  I’ll even be bold and say a full schedule unless an individual school cancels games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want CBB.  UNLV is gonna be good next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

I want CBB.  UNLV is gonna be good next year.

I mean you guys will be far less talented than Boise but with some luck you could win 20 games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×