Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jeffkills

Will We Have CFB This Year?

Due to our Current State of Emergency, will we have CFB in 2020??  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Will we have CFB in 2020??

• Yes - Praise the Lord..
    • No - God help us...

On 4/11/2020 at 6:35 PM, bsu_alum9 said:

If anybody wants a get-rich quick scheme, I’d recommend producing officially licensed NFL/NCAA N95 masks that folks could wear to games.

This. Some people would wrap a messy diaper around their face if it had (insert NFL team logo) on it. 

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

On 4/13/2020 at 9:46 AM, westfan said:

I believe It's too early to know the full impact including football, large gatherings may all take a huge hit, The local news just reported Burning Man in Northern Nevada is cancelled as an in person event and now will be held on line and it was usually around Labor Day. I see all states with large events including July 4th potentially impacted. I wonder  in Reno about Hot August Nights (early August) and The Rib Cook Off ( Labor Day) being called off as well.:shrug:

Bet on all of those events be canceled. 

A guy on the Ram Club board who apparently knows some of the coaching staff at Washington has posted that UW players have been told that they will report in June.  Obviously an internet rumor, but an encouraging one.  I've never seen anything to make me think this guy is a flake, so who knows.

36 minutes ago, Rocket said:

IDK but I’m doubting it. Schools are closed I don’t see how there can be anything but that’s just me.

The fly in the ointment will be some schools being closed, while others are open.  You almost need a consensus (at least within a conference) for everybody to be open.  Governors and presidents are not going to make that decision based on football.  What do we do if California, Utah, and New Mexico (for instance) don't open colleges but the other states do?

4 hours ago, Headbutt said:

The fly in the ointment will be some schools being closed, while others are open.  You almost need a consensus (at least within a conference) for everybody to be open.  Governors and presidents are not going to make that decision based on football.  What do we do if California, Utah, and New Mexico (for instance) don't open colleges but the other states do?

I would think they were making that decision based on being sued if everyone contracted the virus and people started dying. Not a good look imho.

1 minute ago, Rocket said:

I would think they were making that decision based on being sued if everyone contracted the virus and people started dying. Not a good look imho.

Yeah, liability will be a big part of it.  Loss of revenue will obviously be considered as well.  I'll be surprised if the AFA closes for a semester.  IMO if your going to open any schools, universities are the most likely candidate.  Not a closed population by any means, but much more closed than K-12 for instance.  Also a very resilient population regarding this virus.  I think there's still a lot that has to happen in order for colleges to open, but they do seem to be the first in line to me.

My point is that if every school in the MWC opens but one, it still kills the conference schedule.

1 minute ago, Headbutt said:

Yeah, liability will be a big part of it.  Loss of revenue will obviously be considered as well.  I'll be surprised if the AFA closes for a semester.  IMO if your going to open any schools, universities are the most likely candidate.  Not a closed population by any means, but much more closed than K-12 for instance.  Also a very resilient population regarding this virus.  I think there's still a lot that has to happen in order for colleges to open, but they do seem to be the first in line to me.

My point is that if every school in the MWC opens but one, it still kills the conference schedule.

I see.  Maybe there will be a vaccine, maybe if all the Universities allocated resources to finding a cure that would be a good investment.

1 minute ago, Rocket said:

I see.  Maybe there will be a vaccine, maybe if all the Universities allocated resources to finding a cure that would be a good investment.

There won't be a cure probably ever, that much is in stone, it is after all a deadly version of the common cold.  How long have they been looking for that cure?  There won't be a vaccine by August either.  We don't know what there will be though.  I'm not predicting that colleges will be open this fall.  Just saying that they are far and away the most likely type of schools to open first and that if they don't all open at the same time it pretty much f**ks football.

Just now, Headbutt said:

There won't be a cure probably ever, that much is in stone, it is after all a deadly version of the common cold.  How long have they been looking for that cure?  There won't be a vaccine by August either.  We don't know what there will be though.  I'm not predicting that colleges will be open this fall.  Just saying that they are far and away the most likely type of schools to open first and that if they don't all open at the same time it pretty much f**ks football.

yea

19 minutes ago, Rocket said:

Sorry I just don’t see it. The schools being closed means they are already losing millions. It’s just fantasy at this point.

Which is why I think that if there's any possible way they can open, they will.  No, I don't have a clue what possible way they can open.  I just don't think it's off the table yet.  I'm sure they're scrambling.

13 hours ago, Headbutt said:

I don’t think so.  I think it just means that each team would get an extra bye when scheduled to play AFA or whatever school is not open.

On 4/10/2020 at 9:06 AM, SleepingGiantFan said:

Let me guess. You make your picks according to the Rankulator.

I made a couple million over the last 10 years using the rankulator. Need to see my tax returns as proof?

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

Are you kidding somebody?  Of course we will.  Kentucky just moved its home opener to Thursday opening looong Labor Day weekend so that it does not compete with the Kentucky Derby on its moved date to first Saturday of September (as opposed to the Derby's traditional First Saturday of May). 

Heck ya..we're gonna do it.  One way or another...funky stuff and all. 

150px-Coat_of_arms_of_the_University_of_Houston_System.png