Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jeffkills

Will We Have CFB This Year?

Due to our Current State of Emergency, will we have CFB in 2020??  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Will we have CFB in 2020??

• Yes - Praise the Lord..
    • No - God help us...

I think there will be a season.  But not the full 12, 13 game schedules.  OOC games are not happening.

Did you read that an unnamed AD wants to cancel the season in the fall, and play it in the spring?  As crazy as that sounds, it might be a possibility.  Logistical issues for sure, but might be an option.

I think college sports are way more likely to get canceled because they have the extra variable of campus being closed. Oklahoma just closed their campus until at least July 31st. Rutgers until August 14th. I'm sure there are others and more will follow. 

The pro leagues have the advantage that if they get really desperate, they can gather everyone up and live/practice/play at neutral sites. Can't do that with college athletes. 

We will still have college football, but it might be a shortened season. We will however have NFL. There's no way in hell that Goodell will cancel the NFL season.

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

Hopefully, the political chips fall in place rapidly, and a vaccine is produced, which totally negates the virus...

No BSU and no Cowboys pushes that line juuuust enough for me to lose my shit..

We need a hero..

...I'm sure Kellen will think of something......

Buffalo-Bills-v-Dallas-Cowboys-71d2daa48

:sorry:

New-Signature.jpg

Not a full season at least. If there's a winter resurgence could see a no ooc, no bowl year. And that's one of the good outcomes. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

3 hours ago, Headbutt said:

Did you read that an unnamed AD wants to cancel the season in the fall, and play it in the spring?  As crazy as that sounds, it might be a possibility.  Logistical issues for sure, but might be an option.

Dam that would be an AMAZING spring. College basketball AND college football.

20 hours ago, Headbutt said:

Sweet!  Every game in Laramie will be played in the snow :thumbsup:

On 4/2/2020 at 1:50 PM, Jeffkills said:

So, yeah, call your shot now..

I hate to be that guy, but I'm thinking we wont...

Too much going on, too much progress being made for me to not be optimistic about fall football.  Folks like to compare this to the Spanish Flu of 1918.  That was 100 years ago.  We've come so far since then.  Not that they would have made a difference, but antibiotics were just a concept in 1918.  This is 2020, we've got this.  I see so many stories of so much progress that I can't yet buy into the narrative that Covid won't be under control by August.  Their are a ton of reasons to believe we'll have things under control in time.  I'd hate to try and predict the conditions that football will be played under, but the rush to normalcy will be overwhelming enough long before then that I really believe the season will happen.

25 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

Too much going on, too much progress being made for me to not be optimistic about fall football.  Folks like to compare this to the Spanish Flu of 1918.  That was 100 years ago.  We've come so far since then.  Not that they would have made a difference, but antibiotics were just a concept in 1918.  This is 2020, we've got this.  I see so many stories of so much progress that I can't yet buy into the narrative that Covid won't be under control by August.  Their are a ton of reasons to believe we'll have things under control in time.  I'd hate to try and predict the conditions that football will be played under, but the rush to normalcy will be overwhelming enough long before then that I really believe the season will happen.

Love your optimism. I think it all depends on the rebound effect once the initial surge tapers off. No one really knows what to expect. 

On 4/2/2020 at 3:48 PM, Jeffkills said:

Hopefully, the political chips fall in place rapidly, and a vaccine is produced, which totally negates the virus...

No BSU and no Cowboys pushes that line juuuust enough for me to lose my shit..

We need a hero..

...I'm sure Kellen will think of something......

Buffalo-Bills-v-Dallas-Cowboys-71d2daa48

:sorry:

If you’re talking about a vaccine by the fall, that is an impossibility.  There’s no miracle that can change that fact.  Hell, stage 3 alone would probably take longer than the amount of time between now and fall, and we might not have even reached that stage.

That said, it’s infeasible that life won’t start back up at least by the end of the summer.  We can’t shut everything down until a vaccine is developed.  It’s just not realistic.  You’re talking late summer 2021 AT THE EARLIEST.  So yes, I am predicting college football in 2020 with fans in the stands.  I’ll even be bold and say a full schedule unless an individual school cancels games.

Is it fitting or irony that possibly the most versatile word in the English language is also of unknown origin?

5810036134_cb4d739b38_b.jpg