Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest #1Stunner

Calling on the MWC / Hair Thompson to step up and assist BYU

4 hours ago, OrediggerPoke said:

There are two things most Mines students keep. The Mines hard hat they receive as a freshman and the metal diploma.  When I graduated, only about 33% of students that received the hard hat also received the metal diploma.  I’m told it is much higher now.  

Mines joining the WCC makes no sense and it won’t happen. It is impossible to handle the course work at Mines and miss  much class time (which would balloon if Mines was to leave the local RMAC for the WCC or WAC).  I had an opportunity to participate in athletics at Mines but just couldn’t do it given the demands of the course work.  Law school is a cakewalk and felt like a 3 year vacation compared to Mines undergrad.  

So what are you saying?  Every class is a core class, no electives offered?

Guest #1Stunner
4 hours ago, OrediggerPoke said:

There are two things most Mines students keep. The Mines hard hat they receive as a freshman and the metal diploma.  When I graduated, only about 33% of students that received the hard hat also received the metal diploma.  I’m told it is much higher now.  

Mines joining the WCC makes no sense and it won’t happen. It is impossible to handle the course work at Mines and miss  much class time (which would balloon if Mines was to leave the local RMAC for the WCC or WAC).  I had an opportunity to participate in athletics at Mines but just couldn’t do it given the demands of the course work.  Law school is a cakewalk and felt like a 3 year vacation compared to Mines undergrad.  

Wow.  Had no idea that School of Mines was so difficult.  Respect.  

BYU needs to continue scheduling Mines Athletics across all sports, IMO.

Have to admit that I'm disappointed in your take that Mines Athletics shouldn't join the WCC.  I guess the WCC will wait on Denver U (if they ever improve their athletics).

Guest #1Stunner
1 hour ago, Fowl said:

@#1Stunner SDSU and BYU have a scheduled game to play in November in Provo.  I will talk to John David to make sure we honor that contract.  We can sub in BYU in place of SJSU that week and SJSU can have a bye.

Thrilled to hear this.

The MWC could agree to play an "in conference" schedule only in 2020, but keep Wyoming and SJSU out of the conference schedule and give those games to BYU.

On 4/3/2020 at 1:31 PM, #1Stunner said:

Your kindness and generosity will not soon be forgotten!!!

You are forever a friend to all BYU fans.

Yes. It will be.

As soon as things get back to normal, BYU turns their noses up at us and goes Indy again.

Start a conference with Boise and the other G5 Indies. Outside of Army, you all deserve each other.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

Guest #1Stunner
36 minutes ago, Spaztecs said:

Yes. It will be.

As soon as things get back to normal, BYU turns their noses up at us and goes Indy again.

Start a conference with Boise and the other G5 Indies. Outside of Army, you all deserve each other.

What about this idea (just to make you happy).

BYU plays SDSU in a neutral site game in Ogden, Utah at Weber State's Stadium (fans of course aren't attending the games, because of the Virus, so venue is less important...)

But I'm sure you could watch from a distance.   Farr's could be distributed to those that are social distancing. 

Don't tell me you wouldn't be thrilled!!!

41 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

What about this idea (just to make you happy).

BYU plays SDSU in a neutral site game in Ogden, Utah at Weber State's Stadium (fans of course aren't attending the games, because of the Virus, so venue is less important...)

But I'm sure you could watch from a distance.   Farr's could be distributed to those that are social distancing. 

Don't tell me you wouldn't be thrilled!!!

:Clapping:

Ogdenites Only ?

Farr Better Ice Cream ?

I'm down.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

4 hours ago, aztech said:

So what are you saying?  Every class is a core class, no electives offered?

That’s exactly what I am saying.  Don’t know their curriculum now but when I was there it was all math and science and every student took the identical classes as freshmen regardless of major which were: calculus, physics, chemistry, geology and an engineering project class.

Engineering major students (ie civil, electrical and mechanical) all took classes in all of the various specialities and graduated with a BS in general ‘engineering’. I have heard this has now changed to an extent to allow students to receive Electrical Engineering and Civil Engineering named degrees. 

On 4/3/2020 at 10:06 AM, Spaztecs said:

Yer, twenty years shy of accuracy you damned GenXer. Now get off my lawn !

:oldman:

In all seriousness though. I highly doubt BYU would drop sports. First off, if they don't have insurance for this kind of thing, then they are dumber than rocks.

Secondly, the church has loads of money. I have no doubt they will ride out the storm far better than the Bevos and Alabama's of this world.

1.  Typically the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is self insured.    

2.  BYU football and all sports are ostensibly self-sustaining and do not receive $$$ from the Church.

3.  I imagine they would survive one year easily.  I recently saw a revenue chart and they bring in about 74M a year. 

Guest #1Stunner
2 hours ago, WasatchAggie said:

1.  Typically the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is self insured.    

2.  BYU football and all sports are ostensibly self-sustaining and do not receive $$$ from the Church.

3.  I imagine they would survive one year easily.  I recently saw a revenue chart and they bring in about 74M a year. 

Thank you for the kind words and rising up in defense of BYU Football.